• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ever heard of soaking you can in water?

R
Dec 3, 2001
CO
I think your on to something there and you get the benefits of oily stinking exhaust splattering you:face-icon-small-win

this is what i was thinking too! just think about the new color scheme you could design...all custom!

stacks are a good idea for twins imo.. include the flappers for back pressure of course.... ><

:eek:

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
If your sled's not loud enough, take your helmet off and run up the hill at WOT on hard pack spring snow... your ears will almost bleed with a loud can w/o a helmet to cover you up:eek:

Cans do add power:D:face-icon-small-win but at the same time, yes, some can be just plain obnoxious:eek:

Long Gone

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2007
Twin Falls, Idaho
Has anybody ever thought of altering their can so it exits out the top of the hood ?
I hate it when you're riding in the deep stuff and you can hardly hear your can. The snow muffles it too much.
How about getting the can to exit right out through the dash towards your face so you could really hear it?

Is there a kit?;)

The kit is on the shelf right next to the chain case port kit.

W
Jan 2, 2008
Just run a stinger right up thru the center of your seat

sit to muffle, stand to let er rip.....

I also hear it dramitcally improves 'seat of the pants' performance!

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
Whats a can?

I just run straightpipe?

Buddy put his pipe out the bellypan with one of those "clanker" things like on tractors, its pretty cool!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
oh the existance of this thread, i really think twin stacks with clappers right on each side of the headlights would look great on almost any sled.........

pull the packing out of your helmet, its way cheaper volume

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
I had a loud can once….at the breakfast table and my wife slapped the Chit outa me for it. Moral of the story loud cans can make an azz out of you and just might get your hurt.:eek:

M

MAC29

Dec 9, 2007
eatonville,wa
OK if this is really a question....

RmkMtRyder,

Loud cans/pipes are not well supported. The "people" that are shuting down riding areas are useing loud as one of there weapons in the fight.

I personally have no problem with pipes/cans. Save weight and power/performance, but doing things just be loud is another story.

That is the reason for all the sh!ty responses.

Does that mean we can shut the freeways down to harley riders? Just came thru sturgis thisweek. Our loud sleds in the mountains away from people dont come close to the noise they put out. Dont here about the greenies trying to shut them down.

King o the Hill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Long Beach, Ca
www.teamsummit.net
I knew I was gonna have to straighten all this out!!....

It's not the decibels at all!! It is the principal of hot air and it's affect on the ability to hurl a rider at maximum rpm and backpressure into the vertical ascent (No pun intended OMG) from intentionally redirecting the 1300deeg exhaust into the shell of your MFH (Modular Fvcking Helmet) with the vent closed of course...if you ascend too quickly don't hesitate to crack your visor enough to allow for slow escape of critical hot air as you might just find with the correct balance of throttle position as well as EGT's (that is why we run guages) you can get whatever tractor you are on right to the top of whatever gnarly as$ chute you want to hurl your silly self up to....(god knows by the start of this thread you better not be riding a cat)

See supporting imagery as it is apparent somebody has this in BETA testing.... YOU MIGHT BE TOO LATE!

_44229147_helmet_pa300b.jpg

Oct 13, 2008
stick it in a camp fire then hit it with a stick after its nice and red hot and it should have no packing and sound real wicked, plus gives you like a 55 hp gain in your pants haha

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Not water - but cider

Cider boy - cider! Soak it in cider!

(I don't know what you think waters gunna doo for yuh?) :rolleyes:

That's what I was thinking - only maybe soaking it in Rye or Vodka.

"Muffler Yuck-a-flux". LMAO!

Not to mention the cool flames that would shoot out of the can once you fired up and the remaining alcohol began igniting.

How cool would that be!!!

Seriously though, I don't promote drinking and riding. :D

Premium Features