• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dual purpose Boot suggestion

D
Oct 21, 2008
Minnesota
Hey everyone -

Looking to pick up some new snowmobile boots for this season. The kicker is that I'd like to have them be dual purpose so I can also use them for shoveling, going on walks w/ the dogs, etc...

Does anyone have any suggestions on a pair that would be comfortable for these kind of activities? My hunch is that a boot like the Klim adrenaline gtx boa might be a bit too stiff for this, but maybe something like the Motorfist Stomper 2.0's would work?

Thanks in advance!

Boosted Brad

Premium Member
Dec 9, 2007
Found out motor fist gloves and boots only have a one year warranty so might want to ask dealer before you pay the premium price thinking you are covered my 12 year old daughter's gloves failed and I learned that this year just some information

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Boy that could be tough, unless you focus more towards a good hunting boot. With a good quality hunting boot you'll get goretex and the warmth and walking would be easier and probably more comfortable. With a quality snowmobile boot you will more then likely get more support which usually doesn't work the best for walking distances.

It's also a tough call because everyone is so different when it comes to what they need for warmth with boots. For walking and getting out and moving I can get by with much less insulation and warmth. But the next person still needs the warmth even when walking. For me I have the Klim Adrenaline BOA for riding and a couple different Danner boots for fall and winter walking and general use.

R
Dec 3, 2007
I have for many years used good hunting boots. They are waterproof and lightweight so work good for sledding and other activities. I currently us Cabellas pack boots. They are goretex and not too huge(I wear size 14) and not too expensive either.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I use my KLIM Adrenaline GTX for everything in the winter... Super Durable sole... and if you don't lace them tight... great for walks too.

I have the lace ups.

3108-001-000-R.jpg

3108-001-000-D1-R.jpg

<iframe width="800" height="450" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kcbPCq7AY0k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Premium Features