• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon recall update.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Wasatchrider is correct, anybody can get the recall so your value is still there, relax and sell it

N
Nov 7, 2008
it's all good to say it's coming, and the next guy will get the fix.

but come on if you were buying a sled, would you pay good money for one that's waiting for an update??

I know I'd be sitting on my wallet until I found out for sure, for sure was supposed to be for sure a long time ago..........

B
Apr 14, 2009
Ya. nobody should pay good money for a sled that isnt fixed yet. i know i bought one for cheap and assumed it would get fixed.. thats the risk you take IMO

W
Aug 20, 2008
utah
Well not all of the sleds need the fix it's just preventative iguess I have as stated before gone over 1500 trouble free miles a new top end would just be a bonus. I ride with zero other dragons so I don't know how many people are acctually having problems. I will be riding the same sled again this year so I don't have worry about resale but good luck is there a reason you are selling your sled if they are getting a "fix" for your sled?

SS 155 dragon

Premium Member
Mar 29, 2009
Oregon
Thought mine would never blow!

I thought the same thing about my 2008 Dragon and my friends. Both of ours loss compression and compression on one cylinder. They both had 1550 miles on them, they both got fixed with new pistons, jugs and crank. I am waiting for the permanent fix. Pray that yours doesn't go out on you at 1550 miles. Good Luck!!

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Don't think that the only issues were pistons. Many of these sleds burned down from faulty voltage regulators taking out ECUs. They apparently don't like restrictive fuel filters either. From my experiences last year, a new filter every year is a must do to CYA.

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
It is hard to sell a sled that has the top end off of it due to partial failure!

skyman

Premium Member
Mar 31, 2008
Don't think that the only issues were pistons. Many of these sleds burned down from faulty voltage regulators taking out ECUs. They apparently don't like restrictive fuel filters either. From my experiences last year, a new filter every year is a must do to CYA.

Skibreeze did you find an aftermarket filter that worked in the place of the 80$ from polaris?

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Skibreeze did you find an aftermarket filter that worked in the place of the 80$ from polaris?

I ended up using a ford focus filter and a fuel line repair kit to complete the line.
installedfilter.jpg

M

MahaMan

Oct 20, 2008
Prior Lake MN
My 09 800 Dragon blew the motor with 2,400 miles on it in February - took the dealer a month to fix it with the "current" design components. I was just notified Polaris had identified the fix, and like the rest of the thread - was waiting on EPA approval. They indicated new design heads, pistons, rings and a new exhaust can were the fix. Also mentioned something about new cylinders, but was not specific on that.

M

MahaMan

Oct 20, 2008
Prior Lake MN
Correct - 121" SP. This was my first Polaris after switching brands and the experience has been marginal - on a flat-lander trip last Feburary for a week and the motor blows the 2nd day. It was a good thing I had brought the other sled on the trailer.

Hopefully it will get fixed correctly - and have no issues this winter.

R

raymonddean03

Jan 21, 2008
MT
700s

so what about the 700s? i have an 08 dragon 700 163 with no updates ever? i got vforce reeds, hps can, vents. its always ran hard and strong all day. should i be concerned? might i need a programmer? i don't know of any problems with the 08 700's anyone know of any recalls on this sled?

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
so what about the 700s? i have an 08 dragon 700 163 with no updates ever? i got vforce reeds, hps can, vents. its always ran hard and strong all day. should i be concerned? might i need a programmer? i don't know of any problems with the 08 700's anyone know of any recalls on this sled?

no recalls that i know of. all the problems were with the 800 you should be fine.

Premium Features