• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Difference in cooling between Khaos and Slash Khaos

Cheap and easy option i don’t see over 135 on the boost and 120 on the 9r
We took our snow flaps off our AXYS sleds because they get in the way when riding deep pow. We certainly will not be adding them to the Matryx any time soon. Even watching buddy with his Doo and dealing with the removable snow flap looks lame.

Kinda hard to do any riding when the thing keeps shutting down due to temps. Trails are a fact of life for some of us. I for one will be adding ice storm scratchers and a full size flap. Easy enough to remove for the good days.

Kinda hard to do any riding when the thing keeps shutting down due to temps. Trails are a fact of life for some of us. I for one will be adding ice storm scratchers and a full size flap. Easy enough to remove for the good days.
I always run the Ice Storms. At least 10 degrees cooler than the stock scratchers.

We used to put this stuff called Water Wetter in our dirt bikes. Might have to try it on the boost slash.

There are lots of coolant options that run better hot. I use engine ice in my dirt bike.

But it's still hot... if your goal is cool, the chemistry in the coolant may not make the change.

How many people successfully run double scratchers?

I have seen at least one person who runs ice storm scratchers on BOTH the skis and rails.

That might be be the ultimate solution . .?

Those scratches kick up a serious amount of snow or ice.

If the new Polaris scratcher had the ice storm scratcher end on it, that would be the best of both worlds!

I have seen at least one person who runs ice storm scratchers on BOTH the skis and rails.

That might be be the ultimate solution . .?

Those scratches kick up a serious amount of snow or ice.

If the new Polaris scratcher had the ice storm scratcher end on it, that would be the best of both worlds!
Adding wire clamps to the stock scratchers help alot, kicks up way more snow. I carry a couple spares in case they fall off.
1680626678283.jpeg

Went out riding on icy conditions this weekend and the engine started overheating after just 5 minutes of riding. The scratchers only helped for cooling the hyfax. Today I ordered a radiator/cooling fan kit. I'm getting ut mounted next wednesday, hopefully the overheating days are coming to an end noe.

At the end of this season I cut my 2 non-slash Matryx 155s effectively making them slash models. Left the tail flap off. So brtween the larger cooler and scratchers hoping it's a non issue next season. We shall see. I previously rode a 165 slash and with scratchers down no overheating issues on the trail.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I’m still on an 850 axys 155 but will likely buy a matryx for next season. Not stoked by cooling issues plaguing slash sleds. I too will not go back to massive flaps.

My wife’s 650 Khaos 146 has the longer cooler. Such a fun sled in the right conditions. Always runs cooler but apples to watermelons comparison.

Debating what to buy while I wait and pray for snow in the sierras. Priorities is longer cooler, 155 for main season.

1. Khaos 146 slash. Swap in 155 track when season requires it.
Is that swap just rails, track +/- drivers like 155 to 165 or whole skid?

2. 155 non-slash and cut tunnel.

3. 155 slash and install mtntek cooler.

It looks like the simplest option is #2.

Interested to learn how @KhaosRipcord likes his diy slash sleds this season.

Option 1 give you more options. Better rails and track options for your conditions/ riding style. Shortest tunnel when extended and a sled that you can put right back to stock for when you are ready to sell it. Keeping your rails and track for the next go around.

Your option 2 is cheapest.
#3 might cool the best. It appears the mtntk cooler is bigger than the 146 cooler.

I saw this yesterday from Boondocker. Seems like a good idea, but I just can't see how it would make any cooling difference on a iced up trail into the backcountry. No air flow through it and very little snow or ice is going to get on it on a trail. Unless there is powder where you are riding, I don't see it doing anything. Attached is the explanation of how its supposed to work. Anyone with experience with it.
These crack me up! This was stock on the first gen IQ sleds and we used to take them off to save weight haha

they didn’t seem to make any difference to the temps when we took them off of those sleds

Option 1 give you more options. Better rails and track options for your conditions/ riding style. Shortest tunnel when extended and a sled that you can put right back to stock for when you are ready to sell it. Keeping your rails and track for the next go around.

Your option 2 is cheapest.
#3 might cool the best. It appears the mtntk cooler is bigger than the 146 cooler.
I’m reaching the same conclusions.
fortunately I’ve got a season to research and decide.

any ideas if the 146 rear suspension is same as 155?

I’m reaching the same conclusions.
fortunately I’ve got a season to research and decide.

any ideas if the 146 rear suspension is same as 155?
Yes they are the same. I have a 146 khaos with a 153x3 powerclaw track. You just bolt longer rails of choice on.

It cools better than my 19 with 8inch cut tunnel with 3foot mtntk cooler and same track.

Yes they are the same. I have a 146 khaos with a 153x3 powerclaw track. You just bolt longer rails of choice on.

It cools better than my 19 with 8inch cut tunnel with 3foot mtntk cooler and same track.
Awesome! thanks!

it is. but the drivers on the driveshaft are different. so if you switch tracks, you will have to switch those as well.
i read the m66 works well in my snowpack. It’s 2.86 pitch like the 146”

I’m still on an 850 axys 155 but will likely buy a matryx for next season. Not stoked by cooling issues plaguing slash sleds. I too will not go back to massive flaps.

My wife’s 650 Khaos 146 has the longer cooler. Such a fun sled in the right conditions. Always runs cooler but apples to watermelons comparison.

Debating what to buy while I wait and pray for snow in the sierras. Priorities is longer cooler, 155 for main season.

1. Khaos 146 slash. Swap in 155 track when season requires it.
Is that swap just rails, track +/- drivers like 155 to 165 or whole skid?

2. 155 non-slash and cut tunnel.

3. 155 slash and install mtntek cooler.

It looks like the simplest option is #2.

Interested to learn how @KhaosRipcord likes his diy slash sleds this season.
I don't see much overheating issues and we run big tracks. The new scratchers are supposed to cool better too.

Premium Features

Back