• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Current Pro-RMK Ride Evaluations

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
We just put a couple hundred miles on our sleds this weekend. We has a assault, a pro and standard rmk. All three ran great and they are a way better handling then the IQ. Did notice that if you are on hard pack you better have the scratchers down also noticed that the standard did cool better because of the extra cooler and extra bogie wheels helped keep track from sticking while run around town to get gas. Assaults shocks rock and buddy with the pro had his rear shock fag out sooner then mine did on my standard. The assaults track hooks up better on trail but does trench more in the powder and could not climb as high as the other two. We did find that we could only get around 7900 rpm above 9000' so my have to address that issue other then that I am leaving mine as is, buddy with the pro is going to stiffen up rear shock. We all felt that this is best chassis that we have ever riden. I got a lot better fuel mileage then my 08 700 rmk got and used about half the oil that my old 7 used. Never had any issue with heat on the clutches and we were pushing them pretty good in some deep snow.
If sled runs like this the rest of the year I am going to be a very happy polaris rider again!!!!!

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
We just put a couple hundred miles on our sleds this weekend. We has a assault, a pro and standard rmk. All three ran great and they are a way better handling then the IQ. Did notice that if you are on hard pack you better have the scratchers down also noticed that the standard did cool better because of the extra cooler and extra bogie wheels helped keep track from sticking while run around town to get gas. Assaults shocks rock and buddy with the pro had his rear shock fag out sooner then mine did on my standard. The assaults track hooks up better on trail but does trench more in the powder and could not climb as high as the other two. We did find that we could only get around 7900 rpm above 9000' so my have to address that issue other then that I am leaving mine as is, buddy with the pro is going to stiffen up rear shock. We all felt that this is best chassis that we have ever riden. I got a lot better fuel mileage then my 08 700 rmk got and used about half the oil that my old 7 used. Never had any issue with heat on the clutches and we were pushing them pretty good in some deep snow.
If sled runs like this the rest of the year I am going to be a very happy polaris rider again!!!!!

Sounds like you had a great trip! Would you say that the chassis difference is like going from an Edge chassis to the IQ chassis?

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
I did things on this sled that I would have never thought about doing on my IQ, I did call a buddy who was on the fence and told him he better buy one and I think he is today!!! Like i said if this sled runs like this all year it is going to be a tough sled to beat, we did run into a few other sleds one day and lets just say they were a few steps behind our sleds even though they are suppose to have way more horse power:face-icon-small-sho!!!

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sounds like you had a great trip! Would you say that the chassis difference is like going from an Edge chassis to the IQ chassis?[/QUOTE]

Sort of... More like going from the Edge to a Raw chassis - the first IQ's took a little sorting out and seat time to get good on (or maybe like a 99 Powder Special to an M7). From the Raw to the Pro, it just does everything better that I had difficulty with on the IQ. Way better manners in deeper snow - no front end popping up and leaving you stuck in the middle of a hill. You set yourself on a sidehill and it just goes. If you fall out of a sidehill, you can recover and pull it back. You can sidehill on hard snow and keep it there. Foot steering is crazy easy on the Pro. When you reef on the bars, you don't feel the chassis flex like on an IQ. I find more ways to have fun my Pro everyday. The only negative I've found is when doing multiple turn maneuvers, be smooth as the chassis will react faster than you want sometimes and it will high side you pretty easily. For those that haven't been on the new Pro, you really gotta get some seat time on one.

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
We put on about 45 miles Sunday in good snow. We were able to ride with some XP's '08-11, a turbo D7 and stock D7. Of course, the turbo set the mark, but nothing but the Pro's could come close. We were pulling between 7900-8100 rpms with the two Pro's so there is a little more there with some tuning - running 91 octane with the Non-Ethanol plug at about 7000'. The turbo was ridden by a light weight kid (maybe 145#s) - when he tried the Pro he just about matched the mark and came back from his ride saying he was buying one asap. The '11 XP rider was very tentative and really never took a hard pull...that thing really sounds strange when it's idling. I didn't know the guy so I didn't get to ride it...

But none of that hill climb crap matters at all! The Pro flat out rocks the boondocking - no question that it's the best handling chassis ever.
232323232%7Ffp63394%3Enu%3D3346%3E232%3E799%3E243723288%3A25%3Aot1lsi

J

J5

Feb 19, 2009
Easton, WA
I've been an XP fan and had my '09 running perfect prior to pulling the trigger on a 155 Pro-Ride this year, NO REGRETS. Put 100 miles on this weekend and everything about it is great! It's snappy, floats well and doesn't wear you out after a bunch of riding. I did notice how much easier it lays over to the left vs. the right, does it have to do with the clutch weight being on that side? I'd love to make it turn as well to the right, but maybe it's just rider ability and comfort to one side. The Pro-Ride is a winner, I feel bad for my XP, it will be now babied for years by my wife and friends!

IMG_3483.jpg

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm at work and it's snowing hard outside...I can't stop thinking about how sick I'm starting to feel - I think maybe I'm catching the flu...or something...

I know how you feel. I get sick a lot these days. I'm running out of sick time!

Premium Features