• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Current Pro-RMK Ride Evaluations

WyoPro

Lifetime Membership
Sep 19, 2008
Laramie, WY
sled works great i love the balance points of the sled you can hold nice lines although i did find a low on the sled... after 40 miles of riding and hoping back and forth on the running boards they are bent on both sides already not to impressed!

I installed the Polaris running board supports as shown below on my 155 Assault. Didn't and still don't think they need them but I ordered it with my sled and put them on. They are 70 bucks from any Polaris Dealer if this is something you are concerned with...

tunnelsupports.jpg

dansyl159

Lifetime Membership
Aug 27, 2008
SW Iowa
We bought a Pro 155 for my wife( her turn:D) took it out today for the shake down tour. Initially had her riding her 07 600 RMK which she loves, switched her over halfway through the day. For the techy folks her comment was it was like comparing her old Blackberry to her Droid. Best way to put it!

Reactions: skiwiz
T

Tec

Mar 31, 2008
Fraser, CO
I've got 66 miles on my Pro, engine is coming alive with 4.5 hours on the clock. I haven't seen my water temps over 125 in the last 3 days, but we have pretty good snow here.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Just wondering if anyone feels any similarity in this chassis to the 03-07 revs? The characteristics look to be very similar. The riding position seems to be similar to the old revs and the pyramid frame is identical. I just want my old rev back but with the ability to turbo it as well.

NO! There is no comparison between the two. I think the Rev was a great machine in it's day. I still recommend that sled to people who want a $3000-$4000 mountain sled. It evolved. The Pro Ride doesn't even feel like the Rev or XP when standing on it. It does have a rider forward feel, but not as much as the Rev/XP. The Pro Ride does turn much better and has the XP's turning radius. The IQ was a slug to turn in the trees.

Reactions: glassman
M
Nov 28, 2007
or
i would say the chassis is way closer to the dragon/M chassis than the rev/xp. only have one ride, 22 miles on mine, but was an easy transition from the M. they carve very similiar, just need to do a little tuning on the front end. thing keeps on turning right down to where the bars hit the snow, hang on because when you think its gonna wash out it keeps turning and the sled may end up going a different direction than you:)

Last edited:
S

snopro_ac

Oct 17, 2009
i'm jealous of everyone that has snow! My sled has dust all over it and it's only a month and a half old. this thread is greatly appreciated.

2strokes_are_awesome

Dec 8, 2007
Flat and Boring
I noticed how fast this sled heats up. I've had to go to the scratchers often and hopefully more snow will help. I've seen the Pro Ride at temps in the 160's already and I'm not sure my D8 ever got that hot.

I'm glad I have this sled. It rocks!

How bad are the snow conditions where you're seeing 160? Are you riding on dirt? Using scratchers?

I only ask because I put close to a thousand trail miles on a pro last spring and the hottest it ever got was mid 140's in melty snow conditions when running the scratchers.

I agree the sled does rock though!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
How bad are the snow conditions where you're seeing 160? Are you riding on dirt? Using scratchers?

I only ask because I put close to a thousand trail miles on a pro last spring and the hottest it ever got was mid 140's in melty snow conditions when running the scratchers.

I agree the sled does rock though!

Two rides ago I was on some pack trails that didn't have as much loose snow. There was no dirt though. Just cold packed snow so nothing was really getting up in the skid/cooler. This sled def. gets hot faster than the IQ. Maybe more venting will help. I noticed that the scratchers instantly get the temp back down though.

Reactions: MX86

Super A

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Belgrade Mt
Great Posts Guys

I pick mine up on Saturday and I have to say that you guys have me looking forward to it. Many Thanks

A

MX86

Lifetime Membership
Apr 9, 2008
Bemidji, MN
Two rides ago I was on some pack trails that didn't have as much loose snow. There was no dirt though. Just cold packed snow so nothing was really getting up in the skid/cooler. This sled def. gets hot faster than the IQ. Maybe more venting will help. I noticed that the scratchers instantly get the temp back down though.

Was going to say i rode mine for a good couple hours yesterday and the hottest i saw was 132, but the switchback assault does have the cooler in the front of the tunnel as well as the tunnel coolers, so maybe that helped?

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I was with hillclimbr up in Wyoming and rode that pro. And I'm selling my 2010 m8 just to get a pro. My m feels like a boat that pro is nimble. I can't wait. Hats off to polaris

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
How are the shocks on the pro vs the assault? I love that suspension on the assault;)

B2

Premium Member
Jan 31, 2010
Sheridan, WY
How are the shocks on the pro vs the assault? I love that suspension on the assault;)

I have a PRO 163 and have ridden the Assualt. If you ride pretty aggressivley (big air, cornice drops, etc.) I think it would be worth it to get the WE needles on the Assault. The harder you push that suspension, the better it seems to respond. I don't mind the ride of my PRO at all. It feels a bit softer, but for the kind of riding I do (as deep as I can find it, steep hills, riding the trees) it works very well and is far superior to my Dragon.

As for the power of the new PRO, I was a little dissapointed when I saw the dyno reports from DT. After riding this machine in the new soft stuff of the snowies however, the improved low-mid range punch and responsiveness of this engine are pretty impressive. Combined with the balance and ride of the chassis, it all comes together to make it the funnest sled I have ever ridden. It is light, perfectly balanced and responds right now and gets up and goes. On WOT hill pulls, it just keeps climbing.

The boards could stand to be just a touch wider in my opinion, but clear the snow fairly well. I did have some snow build up at times, but so did my Nytro on the same day and it is equiped with Snow Eliminators. I did notice some snow get in the engine compartment behind the muffler once, but did not notice any get in behind the clutch on the left side. I did not see any snow come in the two holes in front that some have commented on. The donut on my exhaust sealed up and quit spitting fuel/oil!

In summary, clutch this thing to your area and riding style and go have a blast! I would be very surprised if anyone is too disappointed with anything on the new PRO!

A

aadougie

Nov 26, 2007
Bigfork, Montana
I got to ride my 163" yesterday with a friend. I'm coming off a 163 XP - the new Poo handles so much better! Sidehilling on 2' of set up, sometimes icee, snow was no problem - it never tries to throw you down the hill the way an XP will when you hit a icee/hard spot. I did manage to turn it upside down however...:face-icon-small-blu. You need some snow to keep it cool - we had to park on a road with only 2" of snow and the temps went up pretty quick - once we got on the trail with some snow a quick spin of the track cools it down right now. The snow was so set up we could go anywhere so the ride impressions are a bit limited but based on riding the proto last year and now riding the 163, I'm very happy with the switch from Doo to Poo!

Steve likes his too...
232323232%7Ffp633%3A7%3Enu%3D72%3C4%3E4%3B9%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D333%3B43878534%3Bnu0mrj

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
well i swapped my deposit from the red pro to an assault. Can't wait to pick it up and throw a wrap on it :)

T
Nov 29, 2010
It's hard to put into words how well this sled works in all conditions. I rode the prototype last year for 3hrs and thought that the production sleds wouldn't run this good, not only do they feel better they run harder then the prototypes and I have never seen a production sled run better then the prototype.

Holy ****! If its even better than the pre-productions I can't wait to try mine out!!

dheard4992

Premium Member
Oct 28, 2010
Must be nice to have snow.Its raining in upper michigan today.A co-worker with a new rmk drove 30 hours to try his new rmk out last thursday.He said the sled ran great and he was very happy with it.I think he said Salt lake was where he was at.Him and another new rmk put only 30 miles of boon docking on but spent two days riding 30 miles.He said the motor ran great which is good to hear.I know another friend that took an 09 to Colorado and it ran so bad he rented a sled out there to ride.

Premium Features