• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out what I found on Ebay

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
G
Nov 26, 2007
Utah
No matter how hard you fellers pick on SH Gal, she's going to win the debate

She's a loaded gun :)

----- Gimp -----

Not trying to pick on her at all. I've just been watching all the SnowHawk pleads over the years and finally decided asked some questions. While I think it's great that she's so enthusiastic about their machines, I'm not at all surprised at their current situation in today's market.

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
I'd ridden hawks, both the first 503(?) and last years 800...They are ok machines, for a second, or third sled, but with the price I cant's see myself ever getting one...

And, the guys at Boivin are actually good guys...too bad there are people like Snowhawkaddict that does most their advertising on here...I can't see how a SINGLE guy would get a Hawk after looking at what kind of people that rides them and talked about them...I think if Snowhawkaddict used a different approach on this forum, both he and Boivin would benefit from it..in my eyes he comes out like a complete J4ck4ass....

I'll be riding one one ski this winter, but it won't be on a Hawk...

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
Someone emailed me about your post

They asked if that means you will be side hilling every where you ride?

I think you meant you will be buying a 2Moto, or Explorer kit.

:)

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
And the interest grows.

Even here on Snowest.

I think its a guarantee that there have been at least a few people on this forum that were intent on buying a SH....until they met him

http://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89937

I don't your statement holds much water, there seems to be many good guy bad guy posters on this forum, I am sure some have met each other, and their statements don't seem to cause anything but LOL's.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
The Snowhawk is a fantastic piece of equipment.

Here is where Snowhawk ran into trouble and why they cost so much.

Under capitalized company: Higher input costs, handbuilt sleds, design/marketing/warranty/overhead costs spread over too few units, single type of vehicle to depend on 100% of sales (Unlike AC, Pol, BRP, Yam which all have other things they can sell when snow fall is bad for example) = higher costs than competitors

Brutal marketing: Barely any advertising, demo units non existent, no shows at most snowshows = Snowhawk revolution never really took off as fast as they thought. Here is one simple thing that told me they just don't get the marketing part. I went on thier site a few years ago, and signed up for a demo ride. I did this two years in a row, and never got even a phone call from anyone, the company, a dealer, nobody! Never got as much as a brochure or mailer either. Never got a response via email either. I knew then that the marketing department took at least two winters off.

Hey, I love the Snowhawk, I think it would be a blast to ride one of these things. The 800 with a 162" track would be an absolute blast out in the deep. Who cares if the guy next to you got 12' further up the hill than you did, I am over those days. I never got to try one as just as I started to stockpile enough dough to get one, they about doubled the price.

The only hope for the Snowhawk is to license one of the big sled manufacturers the rights to make the sled and keep the margins where they need to be so the licensee can make money

Kinda sad to see really.

Last edited:
G

Gimpster

The only hope for the Snowhawk is to license one of the big sled manufacturers the rights to make the sled and keep the margins where they need to be so the licensee can make money

Kinda sad to see really.

There's a thought
Someone around here had them number of years ago. Cycle Hutt ? anyway I was begged go ride one. Too busy racing indoor races that winter so just let it go.
Wish I would have for the experience anyway

----- Gimpy -----

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
that video shows how gay hawks are. it looks equal to running a big harley on a motocross track.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
that video shows how gay hawks are. it looks equal to running a big harley on a motocross track.

That is just plain uninformed and stupid.

Ever seen one in action in the deep snow?

Go on youtube and search snowhawk, and you will see how fun they are out in the deep snow and especially sidehilling and boondocking.......

I would absolutely love to have one of these sleds, just cannot afford one

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
Thanks Jeff

Uninformed is right, "just picking a side he wants to be on, he has a right to his opinion, I just hope it's his opinion!" Quote

Maybe you can make the effort and come to Hawk Fest this year, Lollo Hot Springs Montana, bring you snowmobile, you are all welcome and will surely get to ride many Snow Hawks.

Three guys from Spokane did that last year at Mt. Baker and they are planning on going this year.

S

snow hawk gal

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
I looked his Avatar up

Expected to see a younger person with a Myspace page, not a thirty something describing how "gay" something is.

Sorry for judging.

G

Gimpster

Sorry for telling you to quit putting links up

now I miss them

----- Gimpster -----

G

Gimpster

Over Out

Here's my sign

Going to watch 2 ski teasers in General