• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out the all new AVIATOR goggles from 509 - PM me for a free set!

W
Nov 26, 2007
Bay City MI
OK I've been biting my tongue on these new goggles for awhile..................... when do you need a pair of snowmobile goggles while flying a fighter jet? they look cool but their marketing strategy has you all douped! I have a pair of 509 and love them but come on, really?

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
OK I've been biting my tongue on these new goggles for awhile..................... when do you need a pair of snowmobile goggles while flying a fighter jet? they look cool but their marketing strategy has you all douped! I have a pair of 509 and love them but come on, really?

Uh, what?

You don't need a pair of 509's to fly a jet. The marketing strategy makes the connection based on the similarity in "STYLE" to that of a jet fighter pilot...

1016_JetFighter.jpg

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Do you have any actual pictures of these in a helmet in real time? Not the photoshop lenses. Need to see a real picture before you make a $125 believer out of me...

-Nolan

Photographing a mirrored lens is a tricky task. The most accurate way to replicate the mirrored effect is by touching them up in photoshop. That being said, they do look even better in person.

T

twistedtunnel

Dec 6, 2007
can a guy get just the goggles without any strap at all and just get the quick strap pieces instead, i don't see the point in wasting a good strap by cutting it if it's not going to be used anyways. Not trying to make a big deal about it, just a suggestion.

N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Photographing a mirrored lens is a tricky task. The most accurate way to replicate the mirrored effect is by touching them up in photoshop. That being said, they do look even better in person.

Yea I can see that. But still would be nice to see these on an actual person wearing the helmet. They managed to get a picture of the fighter pilot....?

I
Nov 26, 2007
they look cool, I might buy some when there's more lenses available but the price is still a deterrent. It doesn't seem that long ago a guy could get a set of 509s on special for $50 ;) ;)

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Got my 509 swag pak..couple decals and a cool little chrome sticker thrown in too...THANKS Tom.

One thing I did notice is, unlike other goggles, you barely see any of the frame in your field of vision. Except for a little at the bottom your view is unobstructed. The lens also don't seem as "bronze" as the digital ones on the ad.

IMG_2825.jpg

IMG_2827.jpg

Can't wait to test them out on the hill...

Thanks again
-diz

Premium Features