• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out the all new AVIATOR goggles from 509 - PM me for a free set!

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Uh oh
Them r Nice

How is the bronze lense in flat light?

Bronze is a good all around lens. Meaning it will work well in most conditions. We will have a yellow lens which will be your best bet for those really flat light conditions.

Will anyone have these to check out at the Calgary Sled Show?

Possibly. We did ship a few to Canadian dealers.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Ha Tom , would like to order a pair of these , but would like to get one of your hard carrying cases as well , but do not see them in the ordering foam , also would like to order now and pay for your new mag. straps and you send it all out together when you get them.

arcticman31

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Colorado
Ouch

125.00 Pair of goggles to wear with my 100.00 Helmet?? Im Thinkin not......Might be worth that if I was fling an F-16 maybe. Is there financing available??

R

Rob1334

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 26, 2008
Bismarck, ND
125.00 Pair of goggles to wear with my 100.00 Helmet?? Im Thinkin not......Might be worth that if I was fling an F-16 maybe. Is there financing available??
Your brain Bucket is only worth $100 to you??

Nice goggles Tom, these will def. be on my list, love all my 509 gear so far...

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Ha Tom , would like to order a pair of these , but would like to get one of your hard carrying cases as well , but do not see them in the ordering foam , also would like to order now and pay for your new mag. straps and you send it all out together when you get them.

Our hard cases and polarized (sinister) lenses are two items currently on backorder, so they are not listed on the website. Soon as we get them they'll be back online. The SNAPS will be listed soon as they are finished and instock. We don't want to take preorders on these.

Will that work with a Klim F4?

Great question. I'll find out.

typical....just bought a new set of 2010 Sinisters.......damn

We can swap you out for the difference if you would like?

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
One note about the price. Yes, no doubt they are high end. We wanted pull all the stops and bring out an all new high end goggle with no expense spared. The Aviator isn't intended to replace our $75 sinister, but instead offer a higher end alternative. That being said, comparatively to others on the market it's far cheaper. Take the Smith I/O for example. It's a similar rimless style goggle without a nosemask, with a basic strap and it retails for $180. And when you hold the Aviator in one hand, the I/O in another and compare the quality....well you'll notice there is no comparison. And we all know you can drop $200+ on a set of Oakleys.

So I hope that explains the price a bit. These are an AWESOME goggle. I wore a proto most of last year and loved it. We do have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. So feel free to give them a shot and if they don't work out we'll get your money back or do an exchange.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
Thanks , finally got my ? answered , i guess i will have to order the aviators now and keep an eye on your site and hope i check it at the rigth time to get the hard case and the mag. straps .
Thought it would be alot easyer To preorder and ship things at once across the border , and less shipping cost . O well.

Our hard cases and polarized (sinister) lenses are two items currently on backorder, so they are not listed on the website. Soon as we get them they'll be back online. The SNAPS will be listed soon as they are finished and instock. We don't want to take preorders on these.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
Thanks , finally got my ? answered , i guess i will have to order the aviators now and keep an eye on your site and hope i check it at the rigth time to get the hard case and the mag. straps .
Thought it would be alot easyer To preorder and ship things at once across the border , and less shipping cost . O well.

Sorry about that, wish we had these items in stock. No need to keep checking the website, we'll send an email to our newsletter list when we get them in. Also tell ya what, remind me prior to ordering the case and polarized lenses and I'll get you free shipping on those.

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta

Sorry about that, wish we had these items in stock. No need to keep checking the website, we'll send an email to our newsletter list when we get them in. Also tell ya what, remind me prior to ordering the case and polarized lenses and I'll get you free shipping on those.

Thanks Tom , I know you must be buzzy , just put my order in on line for the Aviator , will order Case , polarized lense and mag. straps when you get them instock , i will be waiting for the E-Mail
PS
How do i go about reminding you , by PM on here , let me know when you are going to be in Revey. this year and maybe we can hook up .

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
We can swap you out for the difference if you would like?

that is a great offer
BUT - I already took the lens protector thingy off (thin plastic thing) and I leave in 1.5 weeks for Revy

no way that i would have my new ones by then
AND i bought them from a dealer, not direct from your site

thanks anyways Tom!

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
One note about the price. Yes, no doubt they are high end. We wanted pull all the stops and bring out an all new high end goggle with no expense spared. The Aviator isn't intended to replace our $75 sinister, but instead offer a higher end alternative. That being said, comparatively to others on the market it's far cheaper. Take the Smith I/O for example. It's a similar rimless style goggle without a nosemask, with a basic strap and it retails for $180. And when you hold the Aviator in one hand, the I/O in another and compare the quality....well you'll notice there is no comparison. And we all know you can drop $200+ on a set of Oakleys.

So I hope that explains the price a bit. These are an AWESOME goggle. I wore a proto most of last year and loved it. We do have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. So feel free to give them a shot and if they don't work out we'll get your money back or do an exchange.

yep your right oakleys new splice goggle, that dosent have oversized face foam that you need snowmobiling are $235 cnd for the polarized

Not to be a jerk but what is the difference between the 509 helmet and the fx-17 helmet? i love my 509 but is it made of better materials or has different padding?

Last edited:
Premium Features