• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chain case life Gen 5

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Ok this horse is getting beat. That broken one piece shaft did not take out the chaincase or the bottom lightweight sprocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Interesting findings on a 2024 turbo today, the chain was hitting the case cover. Even with the chain tensioned properly the bottom sprocket moved around on the insert spline.

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
Been quiet here. Have not seen any HYVO chain/sprocket failure so far

Im not saying there are no more issues, but so far could say that issue is fixed with proper chain & sprockets

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I see lots of people riding and no issues so far

Define lots? lots of people putting around due to low snow is different than the amount of snow in North America last year.
The snow is not what last season was.
Plus the solid bottom sprocket will definitely help mask an issue. I already seen chain rubbing on the case cover of a 2024. Only one way for that to happen.

D

Driver

Dec 22, 2018
Define lots? lots of people putting around due to low snow is different than the amount of snow in North America last year.
The snow is not what last season was.
Plus the solid bottom sprocket will definitely help mask an issue. I already seen chain rubbing on the case cover of a 2024. Only one way for that to happen.

Well thats the way it goes every year, some areas get good winter and some dont

I have seen rub marks on chain cases way before 2-piece drive shaftt. You might wanna check that everything is okay inside your chain case if you have those

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Well thats the way it goes every year, some areas get good winter and some dont

I have seen rub marks on chain cases way before 2-piece drive shaftt. You might wanna check that everything is okay inside your chain case if you have those

My sled is good, Its a one piece shaft on a 2023.

I said on the cover, not on the chain case of the 2024 I looked at. Take a guess what happened when we put force on the bottom sprocket, it wobbled.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Features