• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cascade Playtime Rentals SUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoho98925

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2008
So I had a lodge rented for New Years Weekend and I invited a few guys from work to come up and ride. They have never ridden so I wanted to rent a couple more sleds for them to play on. I contacted Cascade Playtime rentals and wanted to get a price on 4 sleds, of course Shawn was not available but they took my number and said he would call. no call, so I called every day for 3 days before I got him. He gave me a price of 175.00 per sled including a trailer. I got there early like he asked and hooked up to his trailer which had a foot of snow on it that I had to shovel off. after an hour of him getting the sleds ready he loaded up the sleds. I got a old school phazer, an older freestyle, and he upgraded me to a newer xp that was held together with duct tape, and a new Polaris with seriously bent handlebars, the last 2 where upgrades from the first sleds he brought out. So I go inside and buy some more Klim Gear from his as well, it should be noted that I have spent at least 1500.00 a year on gear and parts from him every year for years. I also want to mention that I am a local to the area for over 20 years. So I head off to the lodge stopping at Sportland for some fuel, and noticed a flat tire on his trailer. Sportland does not have air so I fix a flatted it and headed on my way. Guys had a blast riding that day, just around the power lines. rode a few hours. parked the sleds. Got up early the next am to load the sleds and return them as agreed to by Shawn. Two sleds would not start. The new Polaris with 5000 miles and the phazer would not start. Wrenched on them for a few hours replaced plugs etc, waiting for some guys to return from riding there sleds to help load up this crap. So had they started I would have returned them by 9:00 am as discussed but ended up wasting my vacation time working on his CRAP and finally getting them returned about noon. So Get back and he charges me for an extra days rental nearly 1000.00 bucks for his pieces of ♥♥♥♥. I should have known better then to rent from him as I have helped tow his customers back from the mountains several times over the years, but since I always have bought gear from him and seemed like we where always on a friendly basis ( as long as I was spending money in his shop). I wanted to give him some business. He was not willing to negotiate anything about the second day rental. So......... I am going to spend much time and money letting the whole sledding community and Public know what a weasels Shawn and his business are. Shawn you will lose thousands over this crap. I know there are many on here that consider Shawn to be a friend or buddy, good luck to you. By the way no paperwork was signed on this rental. I wonder if he is paying taxes on this income? He did tell me he bought sleds in his name because the factory warranty wont cover rental sleds. Anyway enough for now. Hope you all had a great New Years and tell your friends to rent elsewhere.

I
Nov 5, 2012
We stayed at the Last Resort in that area and although we brought our own sleds, I taked with the owner there and they were quite nice. Perhaps would be a better rental place?

When I first started out on this (expensive!) hobby, I thought perhaps renting would be better...but our first rental from Chewack River Guest Ranch was not good (this is near Mazama/Winthrop). We decided even though renting looks attractive, there is some great benefit in knowing the driving/maint. record of the machine you are riding at 50mph 50 miles from nowhere deep in the mountains.

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
Rentals are tough biz I'n WA! Good luck! Always better borrowing from friends and family. You'd have more luck renting a Harley then a snowmachine.:face-icon-small-dis

azzkicker

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Crackhead's

They had a couple last few years that were a little tough Im pretty sure.Our sleds had a tough time starting on mon. in La sac lot (low mi pro and new xm)it was cold!

hoho98925

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2008
They had a couple last few years that were a little tough Im pretty sure.Our sleds had a tough time starting on mon. in La sac lot (low mi pro and new xm)it was cold!

Yes it was cold but my 2 sleds, and the other 10 in our group all started.

azzkicker

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
Crackhead's

So what time did you get there?Suppose to be 9?Was it close?1k is a rough deal!

N

nikeholley

Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma
Wow...

Thanks for the heads-up...

We were leanin' toward them for a family rental trip of 8 sleds mid-week...

But I think we'll go elsewhere...

Sounds like the Last Resort would be a good choice...

Nike

H
Oct 7, 2008
Ferndale,Wa.
I helped a friend rent a sled from him a while back and it took three sleds before I would consider one even close to ready to ride. Can not believe they are still around. W took pictures of the sled before it left the lot cause we were worried he would want us to pay for existing damage, it was that bad!

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
No contract signed And you paid him for a second day. I would have first charged him for parts and labor then talked about the cost for day two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hoho98925

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2008
No contract signed And you paid him for a second day. I would have first charged him for parts and labor then talked about the cost for day two.

He had charged the credit card used to reserve them before I even got them back.

Reactions: xpspenziv

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Contest ALL the charges. All of it and state his **** was junk and didn't meet contract due to you having to fix it. He will love you.

Reactions: 97exc and koben

mtnboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Seattle & Leavenworth, WA
We had some visitors over the holidays and rented two sleds from CJ Rentals. Great place for trail sled rentals basically at the Fish Lake snopark (no trailering necessary). The sleds were ready to go when we arrived. Don Weeks (former owner of Cashmere Repair) takes care of them and he is top notch.

Reactions: Yamaha_Ryder

sanity

Premium Member
Oct 26, 2010
Snoqualmie, WA
+1 for using Tim or Don across the street at Last Resort. Much better experience. I have my own story renting a PoS from Cascade Playtime and won't go back.

NRHS

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2012
Firestone, CO
Agreed, contest the charges with your credit card company!!!

I can tell you if he does not have a signed contract he will lose!

Reactions: MATCO

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I would highly recommend Webb Powersports in Ellensburg for sled rentals.

We were out of town for the holidays and had some friends come in from Calif and needed sleds. Matt had them delivered to my buddies cabin in Easton where they were staying. Sleds were practically brand new (Etec's.) Friends couldn't be happier with the service and the cost they received from Webb. Sled's ran perfect.

Shawn (who was the first call) wouldn't allow his sleds to be trailered to Easton to be ridden(this is what I was told.)

P

Powderboy

Nov 1, 2001
Renton, WA
I would highly recommend Webb Powersports in Ellensburg for sled rentals.

We were out of town for the holidays and had some friends come in from Calif and needed sleds. Matt had them delivered to my buddies cabin in Easton where they were staying. Sleds were practically brand new (Etec's.) Friends couldn't be happier with the service and the cost they received from Webb. Sled's ran perfect.

Shawn (who was the first call) wouldn't allow his sleds to be trailered to Easton to be ridden(this is what I was told.)

X2. Only drawback is Matt doesn't have 800's but his 600 etec's run good and depending on the rider might be all you need anyway. He's working with his insurance company on the 800's and hopes to make them available next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: SNOBI-WAN-KENOBI
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features