• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cantwell DUI

J
Jan 28, 2009
Wow again

Something to ponder over:
We were in a bad predicament to say the least.
No DUI.s Thank GOD !!...
A fellow snowmachiner [me]gave beer to another whom he did not know.
We did nothing wrong, just enjoying Alaska like I have for the last 40 years.
Ahutna is taking over eveywhere, shutting us down.
Now the Troopers are getting in our faces, in a place where we should be left alone.
You cant tell me that the Trooper dont go Fishing,Hunting,4 wheeling,boating and dont drink at all. Lets just say!!

I explained that I DID say hello a couple of times before I rang the Bell
Tried to be somewhat to be kind in my explanations.

Yet everybody who is involved in this conversation is rude ,cocky, self centered, And could not and ,I mean could not say a kind word.

In todays world , of theft ,rape,murder,gangs, God Bless America !!

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Something to ponder over:
We were in a bad predicament to say the least.
No DUI.s Thank GOD !!...
A fellow snowmachiner [me]gave beer to another whom he did not know.
We did nothing wrong, just enjoying Alaska like I have for the last 40 years.
Ahutna is taking over eveywhere, shutting us down.
Now the Troopers are getting in our faces, in a place where we should be left alone.
You cant tell me that the Trooper dont go Fishing,Hunting,4 wheeling,boating and dont drink at all. Lets just say!!

I explained that I DID say hello a couple of times before I rang the Bell
Tried to be somewhat to be kind in my explanations.

Yet everybody who is involved in this conversation is rude ,cocky, self centered, And could not and ,I mean could not say a kind word.

In todays world , of theft ,rape,murder,gangs, God Bless America !!

See ya shoulda just called me I'm always up for free beer! :D

Some people just don't know not to look a gift horse in the mouth. :beer;

A
Dec 24, 2007
soldotna alaska
the way I see it is if a cop catches you on a sled your dumb a$$ deserves to be busted... Never, Never, Never stop, make em earn the bust... If they can hang in the trees till yer outa gas then they deserve the bust.

Mag, we gonna see you under the banner this year at Aman? We will be ready to pay ya back from last year!

J
Jan 28, 2009
learning

Some day I wish I could ride as well as all of the forum people
I need to buy some parts for my sled , so that I can get better.

my skandic was piped, but i need a can too!

Help me

G
Nov 26, 2007
Whole story?

Having been prior law enforcement in this state for 4 years, I'm curious as to the sequence of events that led up to the troopers contacting snowmachiners. If someone can take the time to pm me I'd appreciate it.

The issue of Ahtna/private property, blocking access to public property, and using State resources to patrol private land is a concern, but I don't have all the facts so I can't properly speak to the events or provide an opinion based on my training and experience as a former law enforcement officer in this state.

Maybe no one cares, but I snowmachine in that area and I'd want to know where I stand and what I'm required to do as a citizen when contacted by law enforcement in any situation.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Here is the deal, as I know it. The troopers and the park ranger were there right away Saturday morning. The park ranger was making contact with the groups trying to be fake friendly and telling people where they can and cannot ride. While doing this he was looking for registration stickers on sleds and what not. Never really being a dick but warning us to stay out of the park and let us know the troopers would be out so if we didn't have stickers we would get busted. Anyway after riding all day getting back to the parking lot at about 4 pm or so the ranger and the trooper were still there. The group I was with got there Thursday night and we were staying till Monday. To say the least when back at the parking lot we were all shocked to see the po po still there. Some time later after it was dark some dude (Jackkkk) came busting into our wall tent asking if there was anyone sober here to go down the trail and get their sleds cuz the cop had them pulled over on the side of the trail. How do you get pulled over on the trail? Jackkk said well we were sitting by the airstrip off the side of the trail drinking beer when the cop pulled up. The they fail the field test and the BRAC didn't work. The cops weren't going to let them ride the sleds out. Jackkk then gave us the free beer and left cuz the cop was still on the trail with his other buddies.
Jackkk next time just announce yourself before you bust into the tent. Thanks for the free beer. I would like to say this to u Jackkk might want to rethink what you have been doing for the last 40 years here in AK. You were just down for a day trip and you guys had a lot of beer its not good to drive your truck and trailer down the highway wasted could be hazardous for you and others out on the roadway. Get a RV stay the night if you want to get wasted while out riding. my .02

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
Thanks for the heads up on ticketing...I registered my sled today. You can do it for four years at once now...kinda handy. So now I'm legal for this weekend...and if anyone is giving away beer save some for me.

On a side note, I watched a guy with a warrant apply for a license and get arrested in the lobby...bonus!

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
i would bust in your tent like rambo on a killing spree, take a giant post-mexican dinner crap in your lap...then hold both arms up in a gangsta like position and say "what nigga what!"...:D

regards,

Tyron aka internet tuffguy

Premium Features