• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't wheelie anymore :( 07' Rev 800r

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
alright, I haven't given up just yet.. It's that time of year again. So after last years mess I left it off with the clutch now screams on the low end but I still am having issues holding rpms under load in the top end, (it's not backshifting) the sled just dies. I am thinking of sending the primary off to thin air in truckee I believe I still have a month left under warranty, but with that said i've been to lead to believe it may be the secondary that is causing the non-backshift issues? Either way I deiced with my warranty soon being up to opt for an aftermarket secondary clutch, I just ordered up the Team Tied driven clutch , with a, 6662.33 6660.36 helix, and Red Black Spring. Hopefully this will help this sled put more of the power it has to the track, and if I'm really lucky elevate the issues I'm having with it dying in the upper end, we haven't touched or messed with the driven clutch yet all efforts have been focused no the primary, am I on right track or in worse case at least be eliminating the driven clutch as a possible suspect?

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Yes, the stock '07 secondary bushing wears FAST and causes problems.
Make sure you get a 2009 spring cap assembly in the primary...'07-'08 was no good.

Reactions: brahm

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
dont get the team secondary. Lose reverse and get the supertorquer reverse cam roller secondary and it will scream. I'm not a big fan of the enclosed secondary design, I think arctic cat and yamaha were right on track with their idea of a roller secondary reverse cam design. No matter which clutch you get, if you are riding in the mountains make sure that you get pretty much the shallowest helix you can find and that will help you a LOT

hcx.jpg

Reactions: brahm
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Yes, the stock '07 secondary bushing wears FAST and causes problems.
Make sure you get a 2009 spring cap assembly in the primary...'07-'08 was no good.

Thats good to hear, is there a kit for the 09 spring cap or should I just order the parts from say cyclenation, is there any machining involved or a direct fit?

dont get the team secondary. Lose reverse and get the supertorquer reverse cam roller secondary and it will scream. I'm not a big fan of the enclosed secondary design, I think arctic cat and yamaha were right on track with their idea of a roller secondary reverse cam design. No matter which clutch you get, if you are riding in the mountains make sure that you get pretty much the shallowest helix you can find and that will help you a LOT

Ah, it's on it's way here. I've read some good things about the new team tied, and in all honesty I like having reverse. I don't have it on my cat and it can be a pain in the *** sometimes. You'd be surprised at the number of things I've managed to wiggle my way out of by going back and forth a few times austin powers style hahaha.

Premium Features