• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't wheelie anymore :( 07' Rev 800r

whitefish

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kent WA
Sounds like dirty clutches probably with worn rollers as well. Springs could be getting soft too.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
Unless your riding at 500' above sea level i cant see your primary being at postion 1 and/or someones changed the stock spring and ramp setup/pin weight.

the one solenoid(rave) on first carb by secondary does not have a hose attached to the one nipple.

Buit i think everybody here has pointed ya in the right direction,sound like buggered bushings,rollers,faded spring.Time for a primary reno.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Ya, thanks again for all the responses, I got some great advice! I'm looking forward to giving it ago and seeing the difference, I do find it surprising though my clutch would get so gummed up (if that's the case) in 400-500miles (that's all i had on the sled when I started noticing issue, now I've got about 715. For those of you that have had similar issues how many miles did you have on your sled when that happened. As far as my altitude. In a single day I can ride from about 7500'-11000' above sea level.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
500 miles is the magik number for hooped bushings and rollers ,especially if the dealer has not done a primary update.

like i said before at that friggin elevation,unless someones changed your spring and pin weight there's no way you should be at clicker1 .....i ride from 3500' to 7500' and i'm between #3 and #5

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
500 miles is the magik number for hooped bushings and rollers ,especially if the dealer has not done a primary update.

like i said before at that friggin elevation,unless someones changed your spring and pin weight there's no way you should be at clicker1 .....i ride from 3500' to 7500' and i'm between #3 and #5

..how can I tell if they did the primary update?

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Go to a DOO dealer and they can look up the maintenance history for all warranty work done to your sled. The primary update will be on there if it was done.

Evan

I bought the sled new. There was no warranty work. I bought it in 08, but it's an 07. The local dealer "claimed" to have done updates. I won't find anything out by taking it to them and the next dealer is 400+ miles away. I'm on my own here guys. So if you know what I should physically look for that's what I'm going to have to do. While I like all the guys who work @ my local dealer great bunch of guys. I will buy parts from them, but I won't take my sled to them.

S

snowyo

Dec 11, 2007
BC
There were an honest 2 updates for your primary.Take it back to them so they can remedy this for you.

Cause if you dont have the special tools it's pointless,besides it should cost you nothing but your time.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
There were an honest 2 updates for your primary.Take it back to them so they can remedy this for you.

Cause if you dont have the special tools it's pointless,besides it should cost you nothing but your time.

Heh, that's the problem right there. If I take it back to them to do the updates I'll have the sled come summer. No thanks, I'd rather buy the tools and do it myself on my schedule.

T
Jan 5, 2008
Rockford, MN
Yes it does need the clutch updates.
My sled was working great (like yours) then lost power, and then
I blew a belt. Found out about clutch updates, and brought it
in and the rollers were bad. They replaced the entire clutch because
it had damaged the rollers, pins, buttons, and outer clutch half.
Long story short, a new clutch covered under warenty and about 1400
miles later, its been working great.
Get the updates and you should be set!!!

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
how can I tell if the clutch updates have been done, as I said I was under the impression from the dealership when first purchased they were done, so taking it back to them is a waste of time unless i can definitively prove they weren't done.

P
Nov 27, 2007
I do not know if all dealers did the same thing for updates, but I ride around the elevation as you and my dealer let me watch the clutch work as it was done and It consisted of new rollers, spring, and spring cup...they pulled the set screws out of pins that came stock, and changed the spring force from 160-260 to 160-290..so I would say if you have no pin wight and 160-290 spring it. It has been done...My sled ran like a top again for around 500 more miles then it all started again..IMO, the crappy coating they put on the arm bushings and the faulty spring cup bushing are main culprets in this particular clutch....I can tell when the cup bushing starts it's destruction as the ware marks on the rollers starts moving to one side, shows something is not running true....at this point it is ready to blow rollers...and remember when you roll your clutch over by hand and can not here the arms clinking on the ramps....you have a sticky arm bushing....Best thing I did...got my own clutch tools.

Wolf.

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
I do not know if all dealers did the same thing for updates, but I ride around the elevation as you and my dealer let me watch the clutch work as it was done and It consisted of new rollers, spring, and spring cup...they pulled the set screws out of pins that came stock, and changed the spring force from 160-260 to 160-290..so I would say if you have no pin wight and 160-290 spring it. It has been done...My sled ran like a top again for around 500 more miles then it all started again..IMO, the crappy coating they put on the arm bushings and the faulty spring cup bushing are main culprets in this particular clutch....I can tell when the cup bushing starts it's destruction as the ware marks on the rollers starts moving to one side, shows something is not running true....at this point it is ready to blow rollers...and remember when you roll your clutch over by hand and can not here the arms clinking on the ramps....you have a sticky arm bushing....Best thing I did...got my own clutch tools.

Wolf.

Thanks, just called them to see. I managed to get ahold of the service manager he looked up my file, and it looks as if they haven't done any of the updates, and aren't aware of there existence. He said he is going to call ski doo on monday and get back to me... ...With that said I am under warranty until 11/09. He also told me "warranty stuff" i don't pay for..but Updates I do?!

R
Un-frickin-believable???

Thanks, just called them to see. I managed to get ahold of the service manager he looked up my file, and it looks as if they haven't done any of the updates, and aren't aware of there existence. He said he is going to call ski doo on monday and get back to me... ...With that said I am under warranty until 11/09. He also told me "warranty stuff" i don't pay for..but Updates I do?!

This dealership should be avoided at all costs ... updates ARE warranty work! It is amazing to me how some of these outfits stay in business ... totally ignorant of the product they sell. :rolleyes: Go to dootalk.com and get the clutch update bulletin #'s ... unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to do some legwork for them if you insist on that dealership doing the work on your sled.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168423&hl=clutch+update+bulletins

2007-0004ClutchUpdate.jpg

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
This dealership should be avoided at all costs ... updates ARE warranty work! It is amazing to me how some of these outfits stay in business ... totally ignorant of the product they sell. :rolleyes: Go to dootalk.com and get the clutch update bulletin #'s ... unfortunately, it sounds like you'll have to do some legwork for them if you insist on that dealership doing the work on your sled.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=168423&hl=clutch+update+bulletins

2007-0004ClutchUpdate.jpg

Thank you, thank you! Those symptoms are right in line with my issue. Hmm why do you think adjusting the clickers got rid of the issue for now, or at least it appears to have, I'll find out this weekend if they are going to wear more by the end of the weekend and not work correctly as we just got about 4' of fresh stuff and I have the next 3 days off.. I emailed that JPG over to the dealer and gave them a ring they want me to bring it in on Tuesday.. going to talk to them first before I do, as I am a bit leery as to how long it will take them to complete it and get it back to me, but maybe I can motivate them to get her done before the weekend (figures crossed), It would be great if they would take care of this for me would make my life alot easier then having to drag it up to Truckee. (400 miles away). Unfortunately there are no other dealers around, a little competition would do some good in this town in terms of motivation to retain customer loyalty.

Last edited:
J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If it's an 07 with a decrease in power, but engine sounds normal....probably the primary bushings/rollers have worn out. As noted above, 500 miles is the magic number

R
Thank you, thank you! Those symptoms are right in line with my issue. Hmm why do you think adjusting the clickers got rid of the issue for now, or at least it appears to have, I'll find out this weekend if they are going to wear more by the end of the weekend and not work correctly as we just got about 4' of fresh stuff and I have the next 3 days off.. I emailed that JPG over to the dealer and gave them a ring they want me to bring it in on Tuesday.. going to talk to them first before I do, as I am a bit leery as to how long it will take them to complete it and get it back to me, but maybe I can motivate them to get her done before the weekend (figures crossed), It would be great if they would take care of this for me would make my life alot easier then having to drag it up to Truckee. (400 miles away). Unfortunately there are no other dealers around, a little competition would do some good in this town in terms of motivation to retain customer loyalty.

Adjusting the clickers up will still increase rpm's but it's a temporary fix if your bushings or rollers are on the way out ... it will get nothing but worse as you put more miles on the sled.

My dealer did this update in Jan. '08 and they only had the sled for 2 days(1 day for parts to get expedite shipped to them). They also replaced the helix at the same time, since some helixs had bad manufacturing dimensions(OD too big) ... I am still running the 44 helix they installed with 2000 miles after updates. I could not find the other update that mentions bad clearances with some helixs but I'm sure somebody has that .jpg as well. Hope they hook you up and get it done while there's still riding to be done.

The updates I have paper copies of are 2007-3(exhaust screws, water intrusion into ECM and ECM flash-P codes?), 2007-4(rpm fluctuation clutch issues, including new helix), 2007-5(the one I posted earlier) and 2007-11(3D Rave troubleshooting). Hope this info helps you out.

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Adjusting the clickers up will still increase rpm's but it's a temporary fix if your bushings or rollers are on the way out ... it will get nothing but worse as you put more miles on the sled.

My dealer did this update in Jan. '08 and they only had the sled for 2 days(1 day for parts to get expedite shipped to them). They also replaced the helix at the same time, since some helixs had bad manufacturing dimensions(OD too big) ... I am still running the 44 helix they installed with 2000 miles after updates. I could not find the other update that mentions bad clearances with some helixs but I'm sure somebody has that .jpg as well. Hope they hook you up and get it done while there's still riding to be done.

The updates I have paper copies of are 2007-3(exhaust screws, water intrusion into ECM and ECM flash-P codes?), 2007-4(rpm fluctuation clutch issues, including new helix), 2007-5(the one I posted earlier) and 2007-11(3D Rave troubleshooting). Hope this info helps you out.

Ah ya, I figured as much. When we adjusted them the other day I figured it was a temp fix as it was running properly at 1, I shouldn't have to adjust the clickers to get the same performance @ 4 as I did @ 1. It should be for performance gains.. I wish I could just get skidoo to send me what I need to do the update myself. Can you post 2007-4? I want to send that to them so they have both. I'm going to go talk to them on Monday/Tuesday hopefully the adjusted clickers will keep the sled running good at least threw this weekend...but I guess when things are on the way out.. the added stress of the adjusted clickers might make it grenade faster.
Thanks again
-Brahm

Premium Features