• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't wheelie anymore :( 07' Rev 800r

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
grumble..grumble..take it to the dealer they said..2 pow days wasted.. taking it back again this week.. after doing the "updates" the clutch is worse now then it was before.. now from a dead stop half the time the motor just got BAP-BAP-BAP-BAP-BAP-BAP (sounds like it's bouncing off a rev limited and the track like "jiggles, or doesn't move it all.. and I can't even pull 8200rpm let alone hold it there.. sigh..

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
that sucks.. I had issues the whole time on my 07 with my tra clutch. I got rid of it and had a polaris p-85 on there which worked awesome and now I have a comet 108 exp im using. It pulls 8400 rpm's at 10k feet no prob. Maybe look into getting rid of the tra and your clutch problems will go away too:cool:

Yella Belly

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Yakima, WA
100km?????

on the '09s, every hundred km or so! Haha.

Your plug color understanding sounds right to me.

nate

I have 800 miles on belt 1, and changed just cuz I felt sorry for it.

NO belt problems on the 09 for me.
And no it's not all trail riding for those about to start bashing.

For your oil use question, I run thru about a quart for 80 or so miles.
ABout the same as my 06 used.

Mark

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
check your compression. if your rings are worn out and losing compression you will loose power

no power loss from what I can tell, it's all clutch the sled hauls *** when engaged and on flats..just can't hold the power under load. :(
I've got just shy of 900 miles on it now, I could do a top end on it but don't you think it's a bit early?

Last edited:

evandaigneault

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2008
Portland,OR
the comet you can buy with the ski doo taper already done. The polaris you have to have machined to the ski doo taper. I run polaris 10-60 weights in both clutches and a blue/pink SLP spring. I have my polaris p-85 with weights and spring for sale if you are interested.

Evan

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
FSKSING AWESOME... THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I KNEW WOULD HAPPEN..DAMMIT.

So I call today to check on the sled...
me: Hey whats up x, just wanted to check on the status.
x: We haven't gotten to it yet, but what do you want to do it's not under warranty now (starts hinting at diagnostic fees)
me: what do you mean it's not under warranty
x: well you we did the warranty update, so now we have to look elsewhere.
me: um.. ya but the update didn't work and now I have new problems
x: oh, so are you saying we didn't put it back together correctly.
me: yes, obviously as new problems developed after you did the work.
-silence
x: i'll check over y's work and get back to you.. click

WTF.. 1) My sled is still under warranty until NOV 09 2) If I bring something to a shop and they are supposed to fix X, and I get it back and not only is X not fixed now Y is broken to.. how is this my fault..

.....good thing I have the spare 600, or It's sidelines for me a while..although I need to fix the pull cord on it.. I don't see this getting resolved correctly until I take it out of town, but it's BULL**** that I should have to pay 300 gas to tow my sled to Tahoe because my local BRP dealership can't put a clutch together.

Last edited:
B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
any updates?

Well it's snowing, and my sled is still sitting down there, talked to them they have the clutch disassemble and want to go over everything with me in person.. not sure why I'm no clutch expect, and outside of extremely abnormal wear I wouldn't know my head from my *** as to what I should be looking at. I shot down there today during my lunch break but only a sales guy was in, the rest were out to lunch.. I looked over the clutch I do see some wear in the helix, rollers ect, but I couldn't tell you if it was normal or abnormal although on the helix it definitely wasn't "smooth" wear, I could feel a lip if I run over it with my nail.

D
Apr 6, 2009
Do you have the original clutch kit in your primary clutch. I have an 07 summit w 144 and the clutch arms were gummed up after 150 miles because of some new coating on the pins holding the arms. Fixed that and now it ripps hard after 1800 miles. Also check your compression.

T
Mar 8, 2009
eastern sierras
i have 07 with 3,000 miles so not the top end. first check rave springs & conections of all hoses rave related. then i would replace spring cup and sliding sheave on the primary, also look at the bushings&buttons to see if worn.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
'07 RPM problems are mostly secondary related, espacially if the primary updated were recently done. Most dealers don't even look at the secondary bushing. :rolleyes:

T
Mar 8, 2009
eastern sierras
well had same symptoms and replaced all parts in primary and the sled rips, only cleaned the secondary (3,000 miles) although the bushings are smaller than previous years in the secondary the bushings may need replacing.... stick it out these sleds kill it when set up

B
Dec 16, 2007
Mammoth Lakes, CA
www.pbase.com
Thanks guys for the responses! I do have some good news! Just got off the phone with the local dealer and they found the problem, it appears a bushing let go in my primary which caused one of the arms to jam up, and a few other things to not work correctly in the primary. So the clutch wouldn't go into it's lowest "gear" this explains the newer issue, so once this is remedied we can go back to looking into why it's not holding RPM/Back shifting under load.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
So they fixed their mistake and you are now back to your original problem? I feel for you man, having a crappy dealer to work with and all. Good luck gettin her fixed, hopefully the snow will hold out for you.

Premium Features