• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can you keep a secret???

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
hey all, just wanted to ask a few of you if you could keep a secret area to yourselves? ummmmm............... i guess there really are no secrets out there, just some areas are ridden more than others. if you ride by yourself............. how much fun are you having?
Stupid thread??????? abso-fuggin-lutely.............. same as the Golden locals that think the AB riders are invading their secret spots. LMFAO.
I love the fresh untouched pow as much as the next guy, but give me a break. if you're a local & you can't find fresh tracks, then you're not a very good local hehehe.:eek:

my .02

T

jrcactus

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Winfield BC
Just a thought

The locals since they are so close should head out Mon-Thurs and there would be lots of fresh Pow and very few sleds, save the weekend stuff for the long distance travelers. ;):D

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
hey all, just wanted to ask a few of you if you could keep a secret area to yourselves? ummmmm............... i guess there really are no secrets out there, just some areas are ridden more than others. if you ride by yourself............. how much fun are you having?
Stupid thread??????? abso-fuggin-lutely.............. same as the Golden locals that think the AB riders are invading their secret spots. LMFAO.
I love the fresh untouched pow as much as the next guy, but give me a break. if you're a local & you can't find fresh tracks, then you're not a very good local hehehe.:eek:

my .02

T

HAHA Thanks T-bone for showing the foreigners some of the "less-than travelled" areas. Don't know what the big deal is, if no one ever showed anyone else where to ride, all the sledders in the area would be crowded into Quartz and Silent. Besides, I'd love to see them groom that trail into Silver Mines one day, tons of riding back there and would lessen the pressure on some of the other areas, but its hard on the old azz if the trail is bumpy....which is always! LOL

C
Nov 28, 2007
Kelowna
they should put silvermines on the grooming program.it will increase the likelyhood that it will stay a snowmobile area and lessen the pressure on silent.

D
Nov 27, 2007
Why do you all talk about Silver Mines as being such a hidden area?

Its on the Sun Peak brochure labelled as 'The Gem' of Golden with directions and all? Maybe all sledders are just too stupid to read

jrcactus

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Winfield BC
They should groom the Bobby Burns rd and to Rocky Ridge as well, that way it would spread people out a lot more, back in the day when Caribou and Baldy were open you hardly come across any other sledders.
Make our $15.00 worth it rather then .50 cents a km of groomed to silent.
US trail systems are 100's of Km's long compared to out 30.

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
Why do you all talk about Silver Mines as being such a hidden area?

Its on the Sun Peak brochure labelled as 'The Gem' of Golden with directions and all? Maybe all sledders are just too stupid to read

It's not that popular due to the "avy prone" nature of the bigger hills & the longer trail in(& rough as chit). i'm glad they don't groom it( kind of) due to the numbers that would go there, but it would be nice to have a few less whoop-dee-doo's in & out of there. alot of riders just won't go in there no matter what the trail looks like. it can be pretty intimidating to some!!!

T

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
This Albertan has been going to the mines for over ten years. It doesn't seem any busier than back then just able to get in there sooner and easier with the new machines. Like T-bone said the long, rough trail and avy hazard are enough to keep many away (and us most of the time).

You would think with all the logging roads being built all the time there are some new areas that are accessible. Maybe the locals are keeping some secrets.

C
Dec 22, 2007
thats all we need, groom that trail, get everybody in there, soon when it gets tracked out a few azzhats will ride into heliski terrain,which is very close in a few places, then next thing you know that area will be closed.

Premium Features