• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BUYER BEWARE Deal not looking good

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don, ya looking for stockers or mods?

Either prefer it ready to go but would like an IQ with SLP kit IN AS DESCRIBED CONDITION

I looked at buying a newer sled but the deals are gone by the time I get to them ... locals buy em.

Last edited:

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Isnt this what got you in trouble in the first place:face-icon-small-win Sorry Don I couldnt resist. Best of luck on finding a good sled. Dave has some nice stuff.

I am always getting in trouble. ... for some reason or another.

I don't know how else to buy a sled where I am located. Even a dealer might not know about a sled unless they drove it and wrenched on it.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Don the snow shows are coming up, Puyallup WA, Idaho and Salt Lake City are some good ones. Might be worth $800 in travel expenses to see what you are buying in person but if your budget is in the 4K range maybe not. Ebay is not a good place to shop for sleds in my experience. KSL has tons of stuff, this site has some too. I have had some luck putting a wanted to buy thread in the appropriate section of this site too.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don the snow shows are coming up, Puyallup WA, Idaho and Salt Lake City are some good ones. Might be worth $800 in travel expenses to see what you are buying in person but if your budget is in the 4K range maybe not. Ebay is not a good place to shop for sleds in my experience. KSL has tons of stuff, this site has some too. I have had some luck putting a wanted to buy thread in the appropriate section of this site too.

Maybe a show would be good. SLC is not far away. I am talking to a few about buying a sled.

Visi

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Paradise, CA
There are a few IQ 600's for sale right now in N. Cal. I can't remember off the top of my head exactly where though. Most have over 2.5K miles though. In the mean time you could get those 727's renik'd just incase you can't find one with the kit already on it. I'll keep my eye out since I'm on Craigslist all the time.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
yes just noticed that. Not sure how I missed those posts. glad to see it turned out reasonably well. I'm sure ebay lawyers will be contacting the original seller, though I do find it odd he is still considered a registered member.

A few days ago Ebay sent me a multipage questionare to fill out about this transaction. Questions like what happened to the sled? Is it as described? Did the seller offer a refund as stated in Ebay policy?

I have been on Ebay as a seller since 1998 ... actually earlier adn I would be long gone if I did not get a refund.

I just looked at Ebay and the seller is no longer a registered user. Was told they hve his info and he is banned from selling on Ebay.

Does anyone see any deals on a sled? Some sled owners on here have sent me some awesome offers ... but still looking.

Premium Features