• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Buff Pass

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
34676222edb3e356bb105ab494b49d4a.jpg

S
May 2, 2013
Colorado
Really disappointed in the snowmobilers who rode off trail into the skiing areas of Buffalo Pass last week. Pretty much ruined one of the more active areas in the Steamboat Powdercats tenure. Huge trenches. Not ****ing cool at all.

Luckily it is dumping big time so those trenches are probably filled in by now. :face-icon-small-coo

Reactions: rhalloran
O

oneal30

Nov 6, 2009
Rapid City, SD
Buffalo Pass/Rabbit Ears

Looking for a solid 2-3 guys to ride with if at all possible this week. Could be there as soon as wed to ride. My son and I are both experienced riders with all the safety gear and 2014 Pros and newer. Never rode this area and would love to meet some cool people and see some new terrain. Just not comfortable taking venturing out as a twosome into new territory.

Looking for cool guys that are passionate about the sport, and have experience in this terrain.

PM me if you're interested. I'm available starting wed on.

Thanks!

cash

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Omaha
Trenching off trail

We saw this group as we came back to to our trailer on Tuesday the 22nd, 6 to 8 riders just off the trail as you head back to parking. Both sides of the trail just destroyed, these guys did not even ride 5 miles up the trail. Next day Wednesday the 23rd we drive into the Grizzly lot and all the open area east of the lot is trashed with sled tracks. My first thoughts are why did these guy's come to the mountains if all they wanted to do is ride just outside the parking lot. Did not look at the truck tag's but one truck was pulling a Burandt Trails West addition gooseneck and another 4 place enclosed. Saw both trailers in Walden on the night of the 22nd and day of the 23rd.

D
Sep 25, 2009
Heading to Walden area right now, how is the buff pass area heard they have maybe been getting a few inches here and there. We are open to any area we don't have a plan. Thanks in advance

N

nytro-r6

Dec 15, 2008
Des Moines, IA
Closest lot to walden:
Take HWY 14 towards steamboat
Take county Road 24 towards Coalmont
Stay on HWY 24 until you come to the road closure. There is a parking lot there. You will have to ride trail for a few miles (10 or so) to get to the top.

Otherwise you'll need to drive around to the lot off of HWY 40. But that's probably an hour or so from walden.

C
Jan 2, 2016
Might as well keep the thread going- anyone been up after the New Year? Snow forecasts this week are looking good. Mostly interested in seeing if the base has built at all. Last I'd heard they had 100" in Steamboat, but the base was about a quarter of that.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
snow is pretty tracked up :( I believe I am done with RE and buff for the year time to hit the other honey holes :)

C
Jan 2, 2016
Hoping this storm coming up will push some more snow into the area. Were you guys only North of the highway or did you hit the south end as well?

Premium Features