• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BRP GO App clarification

B
Nov 26, 2007
Seems like some clarity with this App and its capabilities would go a long ways. On the BRP website, the BRP GO App (CLICK HERE) has four compatible apps. Three for maps/tracking and one for music. I have no use for the music but I am sure some people will appreciate the option. The other three apps have a mixture of map/tracking off line options. I just downloaded the three I am interested in and not sure on what they can or cannot do. This may or may not exceed the 7s abilities since there are multiple app configuration options for the BRP GO. My hope, once I have spent time with all the apps is that one will have offline map and buddy tracking that can be utilized with the new 10" screen and that my riding buddies would just need a smart phone with the same app and would be able to track me with just the phone app. It would be universal since most folks have smart phones and from a software developing stand point would be easier to get everyone on the same smart phone app vs trying to get BRP Go to talk to the 7s.

B
Nov 26, 2007
Only viable when cell service is available...........not really a good option for mountain riding.
If you stick with the BRP Go to only track people you are correct. This is were I think it is somewhat miss understood. The BRP Go map is suppose to work with the GPS from your phone and you do not need cell service. Just like Avenza, with a Georeferenced PDF you can be in airplane mode and the phone still tracks your location when out of cell service. The Genius App that is compatible with BRP GO has free downloadable maps for offline and the Rever app that is compatible with BRP GO has free tracking of your buddy but not sure if it works out of cell service for tracking your buddy and they offer offline maps with a subscription. I believe people are just throwing in the towel because they think the entire BRP Go platform needs cell service to work and in reality it does not. There are out of cell service options that work with BRP Go.

Last edited:

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
You are missing the point.......being able to see the location of other riders in your group is important and relying on cell service is marginal at best. We use Garmin Rino radios currently as they use a radio signal to communicate location. The manufactures really need to establish a commonality in future tech so all devices can communicate and update ride locations regardless of what brand sled.

B
Nov 26, 2007
You are missing the point.......being able to see the location of other riders in your group is important and relying on cell service is marginal at best. We use Garmin Rino radios currently as they use a radio signal to communicate location. The manufactures really need to establish a commonality in future tech so all devices can communicate and update ride locations regardless of what brand sled.
Um, sorry bud but no I am not missing your point. The BRP Go is much more than just tracking your buddy which you are apparently fixated on just this one feature. Apparently that feature is a sore spot for ya and I didn't intend to get your panties all bunched up. Just looking at all the different software BRP has going on and making sense of it all beyond including the track your buddy feature. I get safety and the ability to track your buddy etc. Being there are apps that interface with BRP Go offline in some shape or form I'm sure in due time one of the software updates they talked about in their reveal may harness that ability by using the GPS on our phones. As far as manufactures having a commonality in tech, the only way that will take place is if a third party like Apple Carplay or similar comes along to join the party. The likely hood of 7s being compatible with BRP is as likely as Ford installing OnStar. Cheers

B
Nov 26, 2007
Well look at that, BRP is working on it to potentially work offline.

What happens if I lose network connection during a ride?​

Once you set up your itinerary and before you head out, download it so that the trail, points of interest and anything nearby will be saved on your mobile device. You'll still get navigation with your position, but you will be unable to track your friends on the map, as this feature is still in beta mode and currently requires connectivity. We are working on improving this feature.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
but you will be unable to track your friends on the map, as this feature is still in beta mode and currently requires connectivity. We are working on improving this feature.
While I just pulled thr trigger and ordered a 23 with the large screen, I will be honest, The only reason I did so was my willingness to GAMBLE on BRP following through with MAKING IT WORK next season.

For me, being able to track my riding group would be THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT feature of this new gauge.

I frequently find myself in near WHITEOUT conditions where we ride in SE Idaho on a regular basis.
And finding a stuck rider by radio is hard at best, and dangerous at worst.
Only takes MOMENTS to become separated when we are playing in the trees along edges of meadows.

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
While I just pulled thr trigger and ordered a 23 with the large screen, I will be honest, The only reason I did so was my willingness to GAMBLE on BRP following through with MAKING IT WORK next season.

For me, being able to track my riding group would be THE SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT feature of this new gauge.

I frequently find myself in near WHITEOUT conditions where we ride in SE Idaho on a regular basis.
And finding a stuck rider by radio is hard at best, and dangerous at worst.
Only takes MOMENTS to become separated when we are playing in the trees along edges of meadows.
I find it likely that a 3rd party company will pick up on the chatter of how badly consumers want a product that's capable of offline or out of reception live tracking and come up with some type of subscription base solution.

As much as I'd love for it to be a free feature like on the 7S, it'd be convenient for the new gauge to allow 3rd party app downloads so we could all get on the same page(app) without having to pull your phone out every few minutes to check your buddies location.

Has anyone tried linking a phone with the Ride Command app to a 7S and seeing if it works in real time without cell service? The ability to see each other in real time on a map has suddenly become more and more important! I realized that this year riding with 3 polaris' with 7S.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I find it likely that a 3rd party company will pick up on the chatter of how badly consumers want a product that's capable of offline or out of reception live tracking and come up with some type of subscription base solution.

As much as I'd love for it to be a free feature like on the 7S, it'd be convenient for the new gauge to allow 3rd party app downloads so we could all get on the same page(app) without having to pull your phone out every few minutes to check your buddies location.

Has anyone tried linking a phone with the Ride Command app to a 7S and seeing if it works in real time without cell service? The ability to see each other in real time on a map has suddenly become more and more important! I realized that this year riding with 3 polaris' with 7S.
With the ride command app you can see your riding buddies if they have the app. Works great in airplane mode.

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
That in itself is pretty awesome! Worth having if friends are on polaris. Do you only have the track feature without service? Or is there messaging capability also?
Only track feature. You can load the app on any phone.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
With the ride command app you can see your riding buddies if they have the app. Works great in airplane mode.
If this is the case and you are in airplane mode what phone do you have that has the ability to transmit and receive the location of you and or other ride command app users.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Um, sorry bud but no I am not missing your point. The BRP Go is much more than just tracking your buddy which you are apparently fixated on just this one feature. Apparently that feature is a sore spot for ya and I didn't intend to get your panties all bunched up. Just looking at all the different software BRP has going on and making sense of it all beyond including the track your buddy feature. I get safety and the ability to track your buddy etc. Being there are apps that interface with BRP Go offline in some shape or form I'm sure in due time one of the software updates they talked about in their reveal may harness that ability by using the GPS on our phones. As far as manufactures having a commonality in tech, the only way that will take place is if a third party like Apple Carplay or similar comes along to join the party. The likely hood of 7s being compatible with BRP is as likely as Ford installing OnStar. Cheers
If it requires cell phone apps why buy the cluster? just mount your phone on the sled, save yourself 1200, Or if you are so set on having a large screen purchase a tablet for a couple hundred with LTE Service, mount it and run all the apps you want without the other stuff, BRP has not come close to providing GPS and Buddy Tracking with this new app. I do not carry my phone with me while ridding leave it in my truck, we typically do not have cell service where we unload, let alone where we ride.

Though on occasion someone in our group has got a call on the mountain top, you know just trying to check out if our warranty is about to expire.

I don't think he is missing the point, just more focused on a feature that would be very beneficial to a lot of users.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the new larger gauge is a swing and a miss. hopefully there will be upgrades but I can’t believe it doesn’t have its own gps.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Poo bought the tech and invested in sled hardware - slim chance there's going to be a standard location tracking comm, beyond RideCommand, with Poo. Access to 403C sat service could definitely be offered by all, tho.

Have been rocking the 7S this season - ease of tracking groups, terrain, backtracking, waypoints, route planning, post-ride route review/saving rides and waypoints, it exceeds expectations. Been surprised how well it works. New features from doo, if/when, will only raise the bar.

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
I’m thinking about getting a trail tech voyager pro and mounting it on the flat dash of my Summit expert. It’s half the price of the new doo gauge.

https://www.trailtech.net/en-us/voyager-pro/

“Buddy Tracking is compatible with POLARIS RIDECOMMAND GROUP RIDE. Integrate seamlessly into Polaris ride groups.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great option

Premium Features