• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boy I sure can't wait for Obama to be elected president....

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
there ain't no big attack coming so keep voting for those that want you to think there is, and while you're chasing this diversion they will continue to loot the country

What's your definition of "big"?

Oh, the same way Clinton and Carter handled the problem in the middle east. After the attack, Clinton jumped right up and said he warned Bush about al qaeda attacks, but he wouldn't listen. Carter just waited for Reagan to take office.

I don't think Iran would try something as stupid as that. Even the Euro's would be ready to go to war. But, if the technology got developed in Iran, transfered to Pakistan, and handed to Osama, hummm. Wonder if a billionaire could find a boat?

Not sure it will happen either, just impressed with the ability to generate 50,000 volts per meter. That's freaking insane.

Oh, and haven't you heard, everyone's a victim. You don't need much to hate someone. Even misinformation and religious beliefs are sometimes enough. Specially when your just one poor kid in a country with no education and too many people.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
I was talking about the gulf war actually, like ten years before 9/11. Remember that?

Oh yha, nothing like having armed military police start guarding the gate, and they put those concrete highway barriers in front of the entrances to the Navy facility I was working at. Afraid of suicide bombers in trucks. They even made plans to hand out handguns to all employees. I remember the poor purchasing girl that had to purchase 50,000 body bags. That's what they were predicting for US causalities. So yes, I remember that war. Luckily, the Navy didn't do much, but launch planes and get a couple mines against the hull.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
News Flash, Obama Saves Social Security

Obama's developed a new plan to save social security. You'll never guess how. RAISE TAXES.

He's decided that anyone making over $250,000 a year (I assume jointly, maybe individually) will have to pay an additional 6.2 percent social security tax. (tax as in, never get the money back). It's not like successful people don't already pay 35% tax in the country, while the majority pay 15% tax. (let me know if we have any liberals reading this, I'll explain how percentages work).

They have to pay more social security in, to offset the the masses that never paid in, and all the stupid earmarks and riders the congressmen like to shower their states with.

More Taxes

You wanted change,make the check payable to "Change".

Yha, I'm sure most people here don't make that kind of coin (including me), but I'm tired of being raped by my government, just because I worked hard.

Last edited:
H

H2SNOW

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 19, 2005
North of 60 ...Deep Deep in the bush ......
Obama's developed a new plan to save social security. You'll never guess how. RAISE TAXES.

He's decided that anyone making over $250,000 a year (I assume jointly, maybe individually) will have to pay an additional 6.2 percent social security tax. (tax as in, never get the money back). It's not like successful people don't already pay 35% tax in the country, while the majority pay 15% tax. (let me know if we have any liberals reading this, I'll explain how percentages work).

They have to pay more social security in, to offset the the masses that never paid in, and all the stupid earmarks and riders the congressmen like to shower their states with.

More Taxes

Yha, I'm sure most people here don't make that kind of coin (including me), but I'm tired of being raped by my government, just because I worked hard.

don't forget ..his plan for high fuel prices is to air up your tires .....dimwit :mad:

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O
Media is killing this country. People that don't spend the time to actually understand how government works are the ones who will destroy us all. They just watch the tube and base their decisions off that. Unf^^^ingbelievable!

TurboT

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2008
W...Y...O

More Taxes

Well said:beer; Maybe you can teach Ruffy as your padawan;)

B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
Jon Tester MT

Joe Lieberman CT

Herb Kohl WI

Just off the top of my head. Don't get me wrong, I'm far from a Democrat.:face-icon-small-win

Tester is a newby, He is a yes man, and don't know chit. When they tell him to vote he says sure, just tell me how. Montana has gone in the toilet with both of our Senators. This state will be for Obama. The only good thing is we only have 3 elect. votes.

W

Wolfrun

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 26, 2007
Lander Wy
The next time you all are bored just go in and read a bunch of MoveOn,org's
web site That REALLY gets my blood up.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Well said:beer; Maybe you can teach Ruffy as your padawan;)

You know what happened to the chosen one when he was taught don't you? :p

The rich should pay the most taxes, they make the most money, and benefit the most from a civilized country. You have to pay to play.

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
Why should the wealthy have to pay to fix a program that the government ****ed up!? The goverment will still continue to **** up the program anyway.. Man that really boils my blood.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
You know what happened to the chosen one when he was taught don't you? :p

The rich should pay the most taxes, they make the most money, and benefit the most from a civilized country. You have to pay to play.

Hello Ruffy, today we will learn how "Percentages" work.

If Joe makes $40,000 per year, 10% of that would be $4,000.
If Jane makes $140,000 per year, 10% of that would be $14,000.

See, even if Jane and Joe pay the same percentage, Jane still pays a lot more. This example is incomplete.

Since the tax schedule actually gets steeper:

2008 Tax Brackets
Tax Rate Single Married Filing Jointly
10% Not over $8,025 Not over $16,050
15% $8,025 - $32,550 $16,050 - $65,100
25% $32,550 - $78,850 $65,100 - $131,450
28% $78,850 - $164,550 $131,450 - $200,300
33% $164,550 - $357,700 $200,300 - $357,700
35% Over $357,700

This is just a rough analysis for simplicity.
So Joe pays 15% taxes on $40,000 or $6,000.
Jane pay 28% taxes on $140,000 or $39,200.

Not to mention, Joe may qualify for earned income credit, and Jane is flirting with an additional AMT tax.

Now, does that seem fair enough for you?

Last edited:

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Now, does that seem fair enough for you?

I though fair was communism?:p I have seen the numbers and yes, it is staggering.

good info, conservative republican source

Another way to think of it, is that they are paying the poor so say they can stay rich. Paying them so that they will be happy with there own little lives and content with there meager wealth so the competition to become rich is much much less, and therefore the rich can stay rich.

The rich have much much more to loose if a society should collapse than poor people do, with standards of living being grossly different between the groups.

M

modsledr

Nov 26, 2007
Western WA
Hello Ruffy, today we will learn how "Percentages" work.

If Joe makes $40,000 per year, 10% of that would be $4,000.
If Jane makes $140,000 per year, 10% of that would be $14,000.

So Joe pays 15% taxes on $40,000 or $6,000.
Jane pay 28% taxes on $140,000 or $39,200.QUOTE]

Why does Jane always make more than Joe...gender inequality, gender inquality!! :D:D

G

Good to Go

Banned
Nov 21, 2007
North Bend, WA
If everyone just left everyone else alone none of this stuff would happen,

Welllllllll, it doesn't work that way. That's the dream. Reality says 'they' want to kill you. Head in the sand, isolationism, etc, only allows evil to thrive. It would be nice of course, but...

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Welllllllll, it doesn't work that way. That's the dream. Reality says 'they' want to kill you. Head in the sand, isolationism, etc, only allows evil to thrive. It would be nice of course, but...

Same thing as pacifists are only pacifists until they are either dead, or no longer pacifists.

Premium Features