• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BMP Pipe for Dragon/RMK 800

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Appreciate it

Sure. No they are not approved by Polaris. But they work and hold the back pressure because we develop them on the dyno to have very close to the same airflow and hp numbers as stock. Maybe we will have to look into getting them approved.

Thanks for the honest answer Mike.

well an MBRP can claims 2hp, terms of back pressure i have no idea
but from the other pics of light weight cans mines bigger than the powder lite muffler you make. My sled runs better with an MBRP can on it anyways, throttle response is nice with it
but i would really like to know if it would work with the BMP pipe cause i love the sound of a MBRP on my sled. and need more power, stock suitcase sucks *** and i dont wanna buy another can

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I have a buddy who is working with a manf. and Colorado Law. His repsonse was 88db at 12 feet from exhaust at 4k RPM. I know that the law takes effect in July 2010. MountianHorse, you are right, it is too bad. Too many wicked loud stingers out there.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
well an MBRP can claims 2hp, terms of back pressure i have no idea
but from the other pics of light weight cans mines bigger than the powder lite muffler you make. My sled runs better with an MBRP can on it anyways, throttle response is nice with it
but i would really like to know if it would work with the BMP pipe cause i love the sound of a MBRP on my sled. and need more power, stock suitcase sucks *** and i dont wanna buy another can

I can't truthfully answer that question for you. All we test here is our products and make sure they work. I will say many aftermarket cans will gain you a little more bottom end, and lose on top because of having too much airflow. I can say ours do not lose peak hp and most times gain a tiny bit down low... sometimes even on top. But its usually nothing to brag about.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Well we found out the dragon has a different fuel map above 70 degrees. Last week it was 80, now its 50. This means our dyno numbers are off quite a bit. Were re-doing all our testing and should have a video up within the next day. Not looking good on the stock HP numbers, but our pipe is working even better now.

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I see that peak power is around 8400 rpm. According to a Polaris tech i know the old map, (last years maps), had an "rev limiter" built/programmed in that pushed 30% more fuel in for 20-30 seconds if you reached this limit revs. And the limit was set to something like 8300-8400, (dont remember exactly but it was not far above standard peak power revs)

Isnt this going to be a problem if a higher reving pipe is fitted? Or did they remove this "genious feature" in the new map?

(this rev limiter might explain some fuel consumption problems people had last year)

I can't truthfully answer that question for you. All we test here is our products and make sure they work. I will say many aftermarket cans will gain you a little more bottom end, and lose on top because of having too much airflow. I can say ours do not lose peak hp and most times gain a tiny bit down low... sometimes even on top. But its usually nothing to brag about.

thats all good

i think from what i hear about this update, soon as i get mine back i think im going to put a head and pipe on with a PCIII or sumthing on that line to get the power this 800 should have

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
I have a buddy who is working with a manf. and Colorado Law. His repsonse was 88db at 12 feet from exhaust at 4k RPM. I know that the law takes effect in July 2010. MountianHorse, you are right, it is too bad. Too many wicked loud stingers out there.
upon further investigation Bugito is right, the law for snowmobiles in CO mf after 1975 is 88 db.

OHV's are 96, which is complete BS if you ask me. Guess I better do some more looking for a muffler for the turbo

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
I see that peak power is around 8400 rpm. According to a Polaris tech i know the old map, (last years maps), had an "rev limiter" built/programmed in that pushed 30% more fuel in for 20-30 seconds if you reached this limit revs. And the limit was set to something like 8300-8400, (dont remember exactly but it was not far above standard peak power revs)

Isnt this going to be a problem if a higher reving pipe is fitted? Or did they remove this "genious feature" in the new map?

(this rev limiter might explain some fuel consumption problems people had last year)

I don't think he had his facts straight. There was no such thing on the old map or the new one that we ever found.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
So here is a dyno sheet showing mostly our billet head and what kind of power you can get by leaning it out. Billet head is'nt making a ton of peak hp but really helps out at 7300-7700rpm.

dragon8002010updates, billet head.jpg

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Alright here we go now the big results. Pipe made great power. With the pipe, billet head, and our Boondocker we made 20.6hp over stock!

2010updatedpol.jpg

I

IDAHO HOT SHOT

Jan 21, 2009
South of Bellevue...way south
Many after market mufflers have too much flow which lose peak hp. Thats why i highly recommend checking out our mufflers if your going to go after market because we develop them on the dyno to not lose hp.

On Friday we ran the Dragon 800 with the billet head and the pipe on from the day before. It was raining all afternoon, with all the humidity in the air the baseline was slightly down from the day before. With our low elevation billet head we picked up some nice gains of 3ft/lbs of torque and 5hp. So the combination of our single pipe and low compression billet head picked up 14-15hp over stock. High elevation guys can expect that number to go up to almost 20hp with our 14:1 high compression head.

Today (Monday) we will run all this with a set of new Boyesen Rage Cages.

So, at 20 hp, that would put them at 175hp. That is better than the SLP twins and probably more bottom end. I hope to see you guys out here testing your stuff in the steep n deep. Good luck this pipe n head sounds like a good deal, How much????

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
So, at 20 hp, that would put them at 175hp. That is better than the SLP twins and probably more bottom end. I hope to see you guys out here testing your stuff in the steep n deep. Good luck this pipe n head sounds like a good deal, How much????

Check out the latest results. We are making 20hp on our low elevation setup, so expect 25 on the high elevation.

Pipe is $399.95 for black or $439.95 for ceramic

Head is also $399.95, down from last years price of $449.95

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Hey Mike,

Glad you posted this stuff. A couple questions for you.
  • Do you recommend EGT gauges for your mapping and mods?
  • Have you, or do you plan on coming out west to test at elevation?
  • Your results look a lot like DynoTechs graphs, do you guys work together on this stuff?

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Hey Mike,

Glad you posted this stuff. A couple questions for you.
  • Do you recommend EGT gauges for your mapping and mods?
  • Have you, or do you plan on coming out west to test at elevation?
  • Your results look a lot like DynoTechs graphs, do you guys work together on this stuff?

I always recommend an EGT or AFR. The more info you can get on how your motor is running the better. However they are not nessecary, we will be able to get you very close with our numbers.

Yes we will be doing some elevation testing for sure. Always looking for an excuse to go out west! The good thing is for now we have a great idea on whats going to work because we did test this stuff out west last year. Once we learned how the new machine acted, it was easy to see that this setup would work just as well at elevation as it did last year.

No we do not work with Dynotech. All of these dyno sheets i posted were from runs done within a few hours of the post time.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
162hp i likey

Mike are you going to make a performance package that includes head, pipe, boondocker computer?

So do we!

We actually have one in our latest catalog. I just need to put it on our website. Kit comes with pipe, Boondocker, billet head, Boyesen Rage Cage, and our stage 2 clutch kit.

$1875 with the pipe, or $1700 with the pipe mod

J
Dec 2, 2002
Monticello, MN
So after the stock top end update, the sled makes 142.5 hp at 1k feet? Am I seeing that correctly? That's only 11.5 hp off the marketed 154 hp :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Premium Features