• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BMP Pipe for Dragon/RMK 800

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Just did some more testing on the 800 with all the new updates. The new fuel curve is definitely leaner than the past ones, but still rich enough to where we are not needing a fuel controller with our pipe.

Please note that the drop in power is not actually a drop. When the powervalves open it "surges" the dyno with a longer run. On shorter runs you do not get that drop.

This is the best BMP pipe run vs the best stock run.

sept09 dragon800pipe.jpg polondynosmall.jpg

Reactions: TheFlyingFynn

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Mike,

I noticed that you are running the short track dragon on the dyno....

How does your info apply to the RMK's which seem to be the majority of people on this fourm? Is the mapping and CR the same on both models?

What Altitude is your Dyno at?

What plans do you have for High altitude testing of you new design?

attachment.php

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Mike,

I noticed that you are running the short track dragon on the dyno....

How does your info apply to the RMK's which seem to be the majority of people on this fourm? Is the mapping and CR the same on both models?

What Altitude is your Dyno at?

What plans do you have for High altitude testing of you new design?

attachment.php

This is our same pipe design as last year, we are just showing how it works with the new updates.

That being said we did a lot of testing with our pipe in high altitude last year (togedy... around 9000ft) and it performed great.

The mapping is the same on both models, and we are a little above 1000ft.

For high altitude i would highly recommend our billet head kit! These updated heads are not very performance friendly.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Here is a new product that mountain guys should like. Our Powder Lite mufflers. Extremely lightweight and don't lose hp.

In production stage

dragon800powderlitesmall.jpg

J
Dec 4, 2007
Northern Sweden
Nice numbers on the dyno... shuld not be any worse hp numbers in real life whit cold air etc, at around 1000ft

Should give mabe 1-3 hp more after the update kit is broked in or what do you guys think ?? Nice to know that whit a singel pipe your at 160 hp like the new m8 ...

Last edited:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Is this can approved for use with the new updates on a stock motor?

Polaris is really cracking down on warranty stuff unless you are using their reccommended cans.

The update seems to be VERY backpressure sensitive.

More so than any other Polaris model now or in the past.

Reactions: turboDS1300
S
Oct 16, 2008
would this pipe work with a MBRP can??

I had the BMP pipe mod done on my 600 Fuse, I ended up having to take my SLP can off to get it to run better. It did not like the slp it dogged it out. Put the stock can back and the snap was back. Gotta be a backpressure, flow thing.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Many after market mufflers have too much flow which lose peak hp. Thats why i highly recommend checking out our mufflers if your going to go after market because we develop them on the dyno to not lose hp.

On Friday we ran the Dragon 800 with the billet head and the pipe on from the day before. It was raining all afternoon, with all the humidity in the air the baseline was slightly down from the day before. With our low elevation billet head we picked up some nice gains of 3ft/lbs of torque and 5hp. So the combination of our single pipe and low compression billet head picked up 14-15hp over stock. High elevation guys can expect that number to go up to almost 20hp with our 14:1 high compression head.

Today (Monday) we will run all this with a set of new Boyesen Rage Cages.

sept09 dragon800pipe.billethead.jpg

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
Is this can approved for use with the new updates on a stock motor?

Polaris is really cracking down on warranty stuff unless you are using their reccommended cans.

The update seems to be VERY backpressure sensitive.

More so than any other Polaris model now or in the past.

Mike,
Can you respond to this comment? I'm having my engine updated very soon and don't necessarily want to buy the updated "stock" can from Polaris when I could go with an aftermarket choice. Thanks.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Mike,
Can you respond to this comment? I'm having my engine updated very soon and don't necessarily want to buy the updated "stock" can from Polaris when I could go with an aftermarket choice. Thanks.

Sure. No they are not approved by Polaris. But they work and hold the back pressure because we develop them on the dyno to have very close to the same airflow and hp numbers as stock. Maybe we will have to look into getting them approved.

Reactions: turboDS1300

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Have you checked to see what sound level your can is producing? In 2010 Colorado will have a new sound restriction.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Powder Lite is loud, probably won't be within the sound restrictions. However our lightweight muffler is much quieter and would most likely pass the sound tests.

Reactions: AkHockey10
T
Nov 27, 2007
Los Alamos, NM
Bug... What is the dbA for sleds in CO this year?

MH,

It's 88 dbA. I went through a voluntary test last year. They have you hold the brake and run the RPMs up to 4K. They measure from 6-10 feet away (my memory is a bit hazy). Test and repeat. Average the results. I'm running a BMP head, SLP can and I tested out well below the max (IIRC it was like 78 or so).

We had about 10 sleds go through the test. Most had aftermarket cans. The only one that failed the test was an 09 T-bo 700 Poo with a tunnel dump exhaust. He was barely over the limit.

I hope this helps. :beer;

T

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
haha, MH The turbo poo Treeman is referring to is mine.

And the 88db was the proposed limit. The law finally hit the books with 96db. I'm now well within range at 89.something. If I remember right Skyjumpers 08D8 w/HPS can on it was about 89 also but he had his tach on the wrong setting so wasn't sure on the RPM deal so he might have been high or low.

Also duely noted was the fact that the test circumstances could be picked apart easily by anyone that wanted to do a little research and come in and snowball the court with facts. It's actually a very reasonable limit. if your above 96 db @ 4000 RPM your probably running straight stingers with no glass packs which IMO should be illegal.

Premium Features