• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BIG BOOST TURBO by MTNTK

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
This turbo kit is the 1st of its kind, not only is it the 1st and only bolt on turbo for the polaris 800's, it is clean looking. It is easy to set up taking only about 3.5 to 4.5 hours to install. The best thing is; YOU DO NOT HAVE TO CUT AND WELD THE EXHAUST or CUT HOLES THAT NORMALLY SHOULD NOT BE THERE! That's right no more Frankinsled cut and weld, this unit bolts on and you can return your sled back to stock for under a $100 bucks, serious. It comes with:
)Aerocharger 66 series self contained lubrication turbocharger with patented variable vane technology (read faster spooling, no lag).
)The newest version (for boost) 3.25 Attitude fuel controller which uses patented load based fuel technology which is more engine/rider friendly and less tempermental than other brands.
)Koso dual EGT gauge with fast response probes, high temp recall, and over temp backlighting change warning.
)Digital boost gauge to show you your boost.
)Blow-off valve for instantanous boost reponse and longer turbo life.
)Increased oil capacity to allow oil pump recalibration for more oil or longer rides.
)Outside draw cold air intake (How much air and how hot is it under the hood when there is 1' of powder on your hood and you are moving 10 miles per hour at full throttle with your ski's pointed at the sky? really.)

It comes in two packages:
#1 The Pull the Rope and Ride package. This is a pump gas package that includes all the vents and clutching needed, this is the set up you would want if you want to go ride with 40 to 50 extra horse and run back to the trailer & gas and go do it all over again day after day, No more messing with your machine on the mountain all day long. PULL THE ROPE & RIDE Package.

#2 Is the "Kick Gas" set up (read "race gas"). you can do over 14 pounds of boost on this set up. The race gas set up is the package you want if you want to crank out some serious horsepower.
)It comes with additional venting for the intake, chassis, and hood.
)Adjustable boost controller
)Adjustable clutch weights
)Bigger trim turbo (Only recommended for boost exceeding 12lbs and looking for the maximum top end power with a sacrifice in low speed boost)
THE BIG BOOST TURBO by MTNTK (Mountain Tek)
THE 1st and only Bolt on TURBO on the Market
Look for video of dyno testing in the next week or two!
Currently the Northwest Distributor is Performance Motor Sports in Ashton Idaho. www.pmspolaris.com

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Holy Shhhmoly.....Saaaweet!! And an Aero kit too? Ought to be a screamer!!
Wonder what this badboy is gonna cost?
Would like to see pix too...

Cheers!!

S
Sep 2, 2009
what company is this and how long you been around?. Where have you tested? Where is the pics? Can you post dyno numbers? Who's did you copy? I thought the aero was junk? How much is big boost. How many times can the wheel be reinvented? how many more turbo companies can there be? When did you start developing this kit? How many miles are on this kit? Who are you getting your turbo's from? Are you guys going to be here tommorow or is this turbo thing a fad for you guys? How many are on the snow? What size of wheels in the turbo? Do you use a 1-1 reg or 2-1? There is a couple dragon kits on the market that do not cause you to cut holes? Have you look around your market? Are you using top notch product? Do you have turbo repair figured out? What is the cost? why should i buy your product? How do you increase the oil capacity on an aero? dont they only use 1/2 ounce per 1000 miles? I GUESS THESE DAYS EVERYBODY IS A TURBO KIT BUILDER !!!!!!
This forum sucks for this kind of stuff no control over people just posting about the newest get a quick buck scheme.

R

raggededge

Aug 18, 2008
Have to agree with smile on some stuff. There are new turbo builders every year, here today gone tomorrow. Were do all these people come from?

RIDECATS

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2002
MN
Low overhead to get into the market allows lots of entrepaenures to put out product and the internet allows them to "market" the product with little to no investment. This can be positive since some "small guys" have great ideas but at the same time the "small guys" may have harder time keeping up with service.

Keep in mind none of them have to seriously tool up to make these kits. They have their investment in time but if they have shops already why not add a product that is higher cost/value....they are in business like all businesses to make $$$

My belief is the market is also slightly more educated as to what questions to ask since we have open forums and people are seeing more kits in the field. Lots of lurkers out there that are "soaking up" information. In the long run the market do what it does best...the good product with good service going will bury the poor products with poor service. Think of all the aftermarket companies that have not survived.

Good luck with your new kit!

MTNTK

Premium Member
Nov 5, 2009
Ashton, ID
mtntkperformance.com
what company is this and how long you been around?. Where have you tested? Where is the pics? Can you post dyno numbers? Who's did you copy? I thought the aero was junk? How much is big boost. How many times can the wheel be reinvented? how many more turbo companies can there be? When did you start developing this kit? How many miles are on this kit? Who are you getting your turbo's from? Are you guys going to be here tommorow or is this turbo thing a fad for you guys? How many are on the snow? What size of wheels in the turbo? Do you use a 1-1 reg or 2-1? There is a couple dragon kits on the market that do not cause you to cut holes? Have you look around your market? Are you using top notch product? Do you have turbo repair figured out? What is the cost? why should i buy your product? How do you increase the oil capacity on an aero? dont they only use 1/2 ounce per 1000 miles? I GUESS THESE DAYS EVERYBODY IS A TURBO KIT BUILDER !!!!!!
This forum sucks for this kind of stuff no control over people just posting about the newest get a quick buck scheme.

Smile, I appreciate your cynical nature and am glad that there are people like you that have an opinion and a mind of their own. I wish more people were educated about the topics that they talk about like you. Mountain Tek is a new company founded with partners that have been around for quite a while. Combined experience is over 50 years of riding, tuning, modifiying sleds, quads, and bikes. We are committed to the long haul and you will be seeing more and more products that we have coming! Recently we just tested (yes we just rode in 16" of snow!) and are working on calibrating the turbo kit. I can post pictures tommorrow. Wednesday or thursday I can post dyno numbers (providing a part for the dyno comes). We didn't copy anybody's stuff, completely original thinking. I have seen many things and kits that I don't like, let's leave it at that. The aerocharger is not junk, in fact it is so advanced nothing can touch it, thats why we are using it. How much is Big Boost? That depends what your question is. You will have to call a dealer for the price. Or if your question is: What boost level is big boost? Depends on the octane your willing to pay for. Big Boost actually is a name by which marketing can revolve around. Ask the patent office how many times the wheel can be reinvented last time I checked it was over 7 million. Until I take over all of them there will be many more turbo companies. I would have to say we have been developing this kit for 2 years now. We have been fixing and modifying other kits until we couldn't take it anymore. The kit we just installed has 13 miles on it now, not bad for the 1st of November, ey. We get our turbos from Hiperformance LLC, the manufacturer of the Aerocharger Turbocharger, ask for Brad he is the grandson of the inventor of the variable vane self contained turbo. To be brief we use a different trim of wheels than everyone else. It is a 1-1 regulator, that works the best with the new Attitude controller, call Derek Fisher, he will tell you about it. As I said before those other kits all had disadvantages, we turned neg into positives. Yes we have looked at the market and Yes we are using the best available technology, materials, and the like. With an Aerocharger turbo repair is very rare. Brad at Hiperformance stated that across their entire product line auto, motorcycle, offroad, military, they only had 2 failures last year. Cost I cannot tell you, retail you need to go to one of our dealers. You should buy our product because we are going to do anything it takes to make sure you have the product that you paid for and thought it was going to be. Just because it is bolt on kit, doesn't mean that you are going to compromise on quality or performance. The pictures that I post will reveal that it is not the Aerocharger that we increased the oil capacity of but the two stroke oil tank. Yes it is true, many will build, but few will perform. I hope this has helped. I will not use this venue to promote our products directly, but I will answer as many questions as possible. Thanks, MTNTK

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
Everyone wanted pictures! The BIG BOOST TURBO by MTNTK (Mountain Tek)

DSCN4417.jpg

DSCN4418.jpg

DSCN4419.jpg

DSCN4420.jpg

DSCN4421.jpg

DSCN4422.jpg

DSCN4423.jpg

PMSPOLARIS

Premium Sponsor
Premium Member
Feb 21, 2009
Ashton Idaho
www.pmspolaris.com
Thanks

Have to agree with smile on some stuff. There are new turbo builders every year, here today gone tomorrow. Were do all these people come from?

We have met with MTNTK and understand that new products are what this industry is all about, We are excited to be the Mountain West Distributor for their products, and products they do have they have hundreds of more products that are coming. Thanks for your interest in MTNTK

pmspolaris

Last edited:
Premium Features