• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best most reliable turbo for M1000

sp700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2009
Hey guys first of all i am from PA some friends and i come out west two or three times a year Togwetee is a 34 hour drive for us . We have ridden at togwetee, larimie,lions head ,island park, cook city and we just go where theis is snow when it's time to leave .I have an 08 M1000 was a 162 has been changed to 153 power claw with stock motor with a Ypipe ,ski doo style power vaulves, jaws can removed oil injection ,cutler clutch conversion ,BDX intake thats the power plant. I have lost some weight BDX DD lite geared down ,BDX lite track shaft, BDX lite rotor, BDX seat
Van amburg new rear bumper ,titanium a arms , mesh hood and that' what i have to work with .
Now i am looking to get a toubo & not sure who's or what kind to go with? Thats where you guys come in i need some help. I want a pump gas kit & a reliable one & something that is user friendly.don't want to spend a week getting it set up for different riding places . I will have it installed because i am sure that their a lot of tips & tricks that i won't no & i don't want to wast my riding time working on a sled . I alwaws do my own work just want a pro just want someone that knows turbos . Who takes pride in there product & workmanship Any help would be appricated Thanks Chris

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I hope you are not saying that the Boondocker kit uses a closed loop fuel system, because it does not. There is not a Cat turbo kit on the market that does.

C

cpatts2000

Jan 22, 2008
Winthrop,WA
I have a twisted on my 08 M1000, it is a race gas kit, but I run it around 7-8 lbs and absolutely love it. It used to be a boondocker kit, and I had nothing but problems.

T

twsandrew

Nov 26, 2007
My 09 Twisted kit has proven suprisingly reliable as well as powerful. I am running race gas at 11-14 lbs

10000ft

Dec 27, 2007
My Boondocker M1000 race gas kit seems to have closed loop fuel system. Tee off main fuel hose to secondary fuel rail. The aux fuel rail has a plug in the end, no return. I did have to change my fuel pump to a newer model (in tank)

It has been anything but reliable, been fighting problems for a month. It this what your talking about for closed loop fuel system?

Thanks

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
My Boondocker M1000 race gas kit seems to have closed loop fuel system. Tee off main fuel hose to secondary fuel rail. The aux fuel rail has a plug in the end, no return. I did have to change my fuel pump to a newer model (in tank)

It has been anything but reliable, been fighting problems for a month. It this what your talking about for closed loop fuel system?

Thanks

uh no that i not what there talking about when it comes to closed loop they are talking about the fuel controller being closed loop i run an OVS and love it

G
Dec 3, 2007
I have a m1000 and it has a Boondocker kit on it. I paid for the kit in September and it is still not on the snow yet. Stay away from Boondocker as they do not have their **** together. I so badly wish I went with another company right now.............what a waste of money.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
twisted has the most time into pump gas m1000's. when everyone else said it wont work without a nock sensor like the m8 he already had one running. He also does extra motor work if you want the real deal for a pump gas setup that will beat the average bolt on setup.

B

Boyko

Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
Hey guys first of all i am from PA some friends and i come out west two or three times a year Togwetee is a 34 hour drive for us . We have ridden at togwetee, larimie,lions head ,island park, cook city and we just go where theis is snow when it's time to leave .I have an 08 M1000 was a 162 has been changed to 153 power claw with stock motor with a Ypipe ,ski doo style power vaulves, jaws can removed oil injection ,cutler clutch conversion ,BDX intake thats the power plant. I have lost some weight BDX DD lite geared down ,BDX lite track shaft, BDX lite rotor, BDX seat
Van amburg new rear bumper ,titanium a arms , mesh hood and that' what i have to work with .
Now i am looking to get a toubo & not sure who's or what kind to go with? Thats where you guys come in i need some help. I want a pump gas kit & a reliable one & something that is user friendly.don't want to spend a week getting it set up for different riding places . I will have it installed because i am sure that their a lot of tips & tricks that i won't no & i don't want to wast my riding time working on a sled . I alwaws do my own work just want a pro just want someone that knows turbos . Who takes pride in there product & workmanship Any help would be appricated Thanks Chris

The biggest factor on the reliability of a turbo kit is going to be the install and the tuning. The kits out there are all pretty good. It is going to be up to the guy behind the bars to make sure the thing is properly tuned and maintained.

You have to have a good understanding of the function of the fuel controller. The dobeck box (pure logic & attitude) are really quite straight forward. Some guy seem to have trouble with the boondocker box.

Sounds like you have done some work to your sled and should not have any trouble tuning after you get some boost thrown at it. Once you have a understanding how the different areas of the fuel controller work it takes no time at all to tune it.

As far as tuning for different altitude you do not have to do anything with the clutching, just turn the boost up a little so you are running at the same RPM

You will not believe the amount of power you can get out of the M1000 even at low boost, after you turbo it there is no going back

Last edited:
E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
Believe me, the boondocker kit is what I started with, and have now converted to the Twisted Turbo kit.Shain is great to deal with and I do believe his set up is equal to or better than the others.Boondocker cost me a written off sled,but I rebuilt it to Twisted Turbo set up now and I'm pretty happy with it.

S

SnowDevil

Nov 26, 2007
Portland
X2 for the OVS setup, you can arrange to show up at the shop and they will do the install in a day and tune it. knowing Travis he will give you all the attention you will need to feel comfortable with the sled. Best service and they have ALL the parts. Great riding in utah also!

rusty rider

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Middle of the West
which turbo?

I live in MN and have seen Kens Push Turbo kits in person at the 09 Haydays Swap meet, he had a booth set up with M8s and 10,s on race and pump set ups. They looked very clean and well put together. I really like the the fuel cooled charge tub before the throttle bodies, ken states it is much more consistent with cooling the air over air cooled inter coolers. Oil cooler for turbo is also a nice upgrade over other brands. Very large blow off valve also for quick turbo spooling when your on and off the throttle. Priced ok compared to other brand kits.

Premium Features