• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best Dealer Ship

P
Feb 15, 2008
yea i got a friend who works in amds so i got some inside conections but ??? how many custom parts does AMDS usually have and howd u mannage 2 blow the engine

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
I have nothing bad to say about ASAC except that Wasilla AC seems to have stock more parts and can get anything that Anchorage dont have or cant get. They seem to be a little more friendlier too..

:D

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
yea i got a friend who works in amds so i got some inside conections but ??? how many custom parts does AMDS usually have and howd u mannage 2 blow the engine

Custom parts... ?? Just depends, some in stock, just depends really. If you get there monday and they don't have it.... order it and it will be there the following monday, you can pay expedited shipping charges... but those prices are steep.

As for my engine blowing, i was at turnagain goin' about 15 MPH, tried to do a u-turn at about 40% throttle and just heard a huge pop, then my motor had a little less power - comparable to a fouled plug, i still had forward momentum and i looked back and seen a mess of green on the snow... i knew she was done. One of the connecting rods broke in half, destroyed my bottom end and the broken rod sawed one of my jugs in half. :confused:

R

RATED-X

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 3, 2007
Wasilla
I guess i must be special, Valley CC treats me awsome. covered all my warranty issues no questions asked, and i get a discount.

Z
Mar 17, 2008
Iron Dog Outfitters!!

I have been riding ski-doo for a long time now, since the zx chasis. It has been awesome riding for the company that has slowly progressed in building better and better sleds each year, untill this year, i bought an XP and as all XP owners know, this release hasn't been as smooth for ski-doo as the release of the original rev, at any rate the one thing that has kept me riding yellow is the service i get from Iron Dog Outfitters in Tok. They definitly aren't the biggest dealer in the state but they have been quick at adressing every issue the XXP has thrown their way, Damon and Jerry are awesome, if you want parts fast and cheap and great personable service give them a call 907-883-5670, i live in fairbanks and won't go anywhere else other then them! P.S. riding in cantwell this last weekend was pretty good, not too hot.

L
Jan 9, 2008
Anchorage
How about service at marita sea & ski. I have gotten good info from Mitch over the phone. He has always been helpfull and taken the time to point me in the right direction. But now I need to send the sled in for some work inside the engine. How is there shop work? Any info about their techs???

Mitch has the knowledge...but I've yet to see him do the work. Had the pro-x in for BAD bogging issues. He told me/someone fixed(?) several things and first ride same issues again. 2 times this happened. Won't be using their services again.

Hatchers Pass Polaris is where we now spend our money. GREAT cust service, GREAT prices, And GREAT machine/repair service. Have never waited more than 2-3 days and it's ready to pick up. Saved about $900.00 on the 08 rmk.
Would have bought the 08iqrr from them if they would have had it.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
ERPAC crew is great and always a smile when I go and visit them. Heard great things about Hatchers also.
WORST OF THE WORST GOES OUT TO Big Lake Powersports. Waiting almost a year for warranty stuff, and then when I do get something they are used take offs(pipe/can). Frank is a redneck and doesn't know how to treat any customer unless he kisses his azz. Won't spend anymore money at their shop again through him, Jamie is working to resolve the issues though so that may save face a bit.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
If looking only at Cat, I've had great service from ASAC and Wasilla AC. Out of all the Cat dealers, Wasilla seems to stock the most parts.

Two thumbs up for Arctic Cat in Wasilla! They treated me like a human being, provided good service and they are a friendly group of guys. I don't think your going to get a price break on anything but that seems to be a given across all the dealerships.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Two thumbs up for Arctic Cat in Wasilla! They treated me like a human being, provided good service and they are a friendly group of guys. I don't think your going to get a price break on anything but that seems to be a given across all the dealerships.

HAHA Ryans house of Sleds is open for business!!! I enjoy wrenching on sleds beats the heck out of trucks I do enough of that on the slope. Just finished my fourth Ski doo NUN (with reinforcements). I might not be a speed shop but engine repairs and rebuilds are no problem. So if some of you are tired of being raped by labor costs let me know. Aftermarket acessories etc are no prob.

Hatchers Pass Polaris is great for Polaris parts...usually a bit cheaper than ER Polaris, although might not be worth the drive for Anchorage folks! But you cant beat there Service!!

Last edited:
T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
HAHA Ryans house of Sleds is open for business!!! I enjoy wrenching on sleds beats the heck out of trucks I do enough of that on the slope. Just finished my fourth Ski doo NUN (with reinforcements). I might not be a speed shop but engine repairs and rebuilds are no problem. So if some of you are tired of being raped by labor costs let me know. Aftermarket acessories etc are no prob.

Hatchers Pass Polaris is great for Polaris parts...usually a bit cheaper than ER Polaris, although might not be worth the drive for Anchorage folks! But you cant beat there Service!!

Care to do a little jetting and clutching on mine? Doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to out run yours and AKSNOWRIDERS:D With all those nuns under your belt, you ready to start riding one? I mean Doo's, not the NUNS!

A
Nov 26, 2007
Wasilla, Alaska
Care to do a little jetting and clutching on mine? Doesn't have to be perfect, just enough to out run yours and AKSNOWRIDERS:D With all those nuns under your belt, you ready to start riding one? I mean Doo's, not the NUNS!

You could ride a NUN but it wouldnt be pretty:D...thanks but no thanks Tim...as far as AKSNOW's sled....ill have to talk to him about sabotaging yours:D

Dec 2, 2008
I ride skid doo now, but before this year had an RMK 800. I have had great service at AMDS, but I know other that have been jacked around by them. It seems their on and off all the time. But all in all I have personally had great service. Team CC has always been my Fav. ski doo dealership.

Team eagle river polaris, is probably the best shop I've been to. They are great when it comes to customer service. I have in the past received phone calls after hours from different mechanics discussing my sled problems and they where very willing to help and through in ideas..

To everyone their own !!!

They are all good and bad in different ways..

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska

I can vouch for "Ryans House of Sleds" and the quality of work he does! You'll get your Doo back in better shape and with a nun that can take twice the hit it could from the factory.. Price is right as well.

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska

Isn't that hearsay? :rolleyes:

Dec 3, 2007
Price vs Service

I am pricing a new M8 and M1000 (both 2008's) from Hienanmans in Maple Grove MN- $7000 and $7700 plus 200 for service and docs (no sales tax). They then re-crate the machine and will ship anywere in thel ower 48 for $400. I am pricing shipping to AK right now.

Price one here and the savings is staggering.

Not sure what kind of service I will get here if I have a warranty issue. But supposedly all dealers are required to perform service work...even if they did not sell the sled. We' see.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
After you get your quote, take it to a dealer here to see what they will do. If it is close, I would STRONGLY recommend buying it here, to keep your money here as well as the service after the fact should be less hassle, and they wont hate you every time you bring it in.

I always try to buy local, but I WILL NOT over pay just for kicks. Sometimes youll get good deals locally to. It just depends....

Good luck 7000 for a m8 is cheep!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I am pricing a new M8 and M1000 (both 2008's) from Hienanmans in Maple Grove MN- $7000 and $7700 plus 200 for service and docs (no sales tax). They then re-crate the machine and will ship anywere in thel ower 48 for $400. I am pricing shipping to AK right now.

Not sure what kind of service I will get here if I have a warranty issue. But supposedly all dealers are required to perform service work...even if they did not sell the sled. We' see.

Any dealer is required to work on it yes....But they get to scedule just how soon it gets in the door. There are dealers around that will let it sit til spring. Not right, just the way it works. Hopefully you can get one for a reasonable price locally. Call around and get some quotes and play one against the other. Good luck, but another vote for local.

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska

Supporting local dealers ensure's that they will be able to keep the doors open and be there for you when you need them. I'm all for a good deal, but supporting small local business' is also necessary to keep our sport alive. Just like theultrarider and c-bolt said, give a local dealer a honest chance to compete. The first time you "Need a part ASAP" you will appreciate the service they provide! Good luck

Premium Features