• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Benefit of changing out stock drivers?

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Nope.

After seeing 5-6 break most of them are preventative maintenance. (No broken shafts with avid drivers)

Lots of composit tracks sold and installed for the toast tracks. (From noobs ratcheting like crazy)
What track are they replacing with?

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
Any thoughts as to why this happened? I cant see any damage to track where I hit anything. 21 2.75, 800 miles.
my thoughts track is just too tight and it snapped when the lug torqued on something.

8C6B7795-91BE-48B7-AC76-3627AC13CA27.jpeg C4EAC8A3-8EAC-43CD-BA41-57E6257088FA.jpeg A24E75EF-D92A-491F-B0BF-BEB8A28A6F76.jpeg 663F5632-2641-4030-A35A-331F50B1411C.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: SS 155 dragon

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
The Promised Land……..
Any thoughts as to why this happened? I cant see any damage to track where I hit anything. 21 2.75, 800 miles.
my thoughts track is just too tight and it snapped when the lug torqued on something.
My series 7 track on my 2016 snowcheck tore like that at 500 miles.

I wasn’t able to determine a cause.

All the fiberglass rods were broken at the rear wheel track locations also.

I stitched it with wire and trashed it at 1100 miles.

Last edited:
Reactions: d8grandpa
C
Dec 15, 2017
My buddy's 2.75 after 800 miles. While being set to proper tension 3 times. Dealer he bought it from let him know we need to be lodging complaints with polaris customer service. Between the 6 tooth driver requiring the track to be way too tight and the track being not that durable it looks like we are all headed for issues that polaris needs to address. But we have to make them aware of the scope of the issue.

T
Nov 11, 2008
My buddy's 2.75 after 800 miles. While being set to proper tension 3 times. Dealer he bought it from let him know we need to be lodging complaints with polaris customer service. Between the 6 tooth driver requiring the track to be way too tight and the track being not that durable it looks like we are all headed for issues that polaris needs to address. But we have to make them aware of the scope of the issue.

They will all end up like that with the current drivers.

Is it a ProRMK or Khaos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
Nov 11, 2008
It is a khaos 165.

It does seem to occur more on the Khaos. Or maybe a lot of us just have Khaos 165 this year.

Oh and Polaris Customer Service/Warranty denies knowing or seeing any track related issues for these sleds. The guy said he hasn’t seen one report of it yet. So pointless to file a complaint with them and if the dealer doesn’t follow up and just goes with the warranty denied response there will be no fix from Polaris.

So aftermarket solutions it will most likely be if you haven’t already switched out to extroverts.

C
Dec 15, 2017
It does seem to occur more on the Khaos. Or maybe a lot of us just have Khaos 165 this year.

Oh and Polaris Customer Service/Warranty denies knowing or seeing any track related issues for these sleds. The guy said he hasn’t seen one report of it yet. So pointless to file a complaint with them and if the dealer doesn’t follow up and just goes with the warranty denied response there will be no fix from Polaris.

So aftermarket solutions it will most likely be if you haven’t already switched out to extroverts.

Well I certainly hope for 17k or so they would step up and help fix it. I am really curious to see if they make a change for next year. How is your track holding up running the extroverts?

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Polaris knows....until someone gets hurt or Polaris spends more on Warranty then a fix we won't hear a thing. Love paying all that money to do the r and d for Polaris and then have to pay even more to fix their mistake. It would be interesting to know how many failures on this forum and what sleds.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska

Does anyone know the number for Polaris to file a complaint about this track and driver issue? My dealer has taken very good care of me but he has done all he can and I am well on my way to destroying this track in under 1000 miles, even though I run it 100% of the time at the specs in the manual. Its not acceptable.

And I know someone is going to get on here and tell me to stop complaining and just spend more money and do extroverts. Save your breath. It would be one thing if this track was okay in most situations and its not holding up because I'm abusing it. Sure, I'll buy extroverts and hack my rails up. This is not that situation.

T
Nov 11, 2008
Does anyone know the number for Polaris to file a complaint about this track and driver issue? My dealer has taken very good care of me but he has done all he can and I am well on my way to destroying this track in under 1000 miles, even though I run it 100% of the time at the specs in the manual. Its not acceptable.

And I know someone is going to get on here and tell me to stop complaining and just spend more money and do extroverts. Save your breath. It would be one thing if this track was okay in most situations and its not holding up because I'm abusing it. Sure, I'll buy extroverts and hack my rails up. This is not that situation.

1 (800) 765-2747

They will tell you they don’t know anything and won’t do anything except log the call and it’s up to your dealer to put in a claim but the dealer says they have already denied claims for the same issue. At least you can get a case file number from Polaris for future calls.

And I agree, extroverts is most likely the end result for me as well and it’s going to be over $600 for that and anti stab, plus %100 agree why should I have to hack up the rails on my two month old $18k sled because they messed up.

Reactions: akmclean
C
Dec 15, 2017

I totally agree with everything you said and while i also recognize that polaris will deny an issue as long as they can the more people that call makes it harder and harder for them to play dumb

Premium Features