• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Belt Wear or Damage

W
Dec 24, 2019
Pulled my belt after about 100 miles and discovered this. I didn't closely inspect it when I purchased the sled, so it may have been there originally.

Will this impact performance or lessen the useful life of the belt? Do I replace it?

2023 Freeride 165 Turbo

a.jpgb.jpg

W
Dec 24, 2019
Gave this careful thought and inspection. I think it is possible I damaged it when I put the cover back on, as I didn't properly seat the belt on the secondary initially.

So any experience or guesses if it would impact performance? I wouldn't think so. Maybe faster wear?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
I had rubbing on my belt after my first ride but only 1/4 of the way on the inside edge. If you follow your secondary around to the back you will see where the belt makes contact on the chassis. It will only make contact if your belt deflection is too loose. Belt cord flush with secondary and you will never have an issue. I’ve had 4 rides since with zero contact.

After 100km on my sled I was surprised how much the belt, track, and chain case broke in.

Premium Features