• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bar Height and position?

A

aksnopro

Mar 11, 2008
Palmer, Alaska
www.mtfak.com
Im still neutral 500 miles im 5' 4 and i like a click up from bottom. Low bars are nice for certain riding but i think the pro climb bars being higher is better for most of the day, then lower for the slow gnarly tree picking carves.

Higher everywhere else for more stability when coming out of carves taking pow hits ect ect.

Not as much leverage is needed as the m i think the bars can be higher without suffering as much as the M did.

I gotta get the steering tighter asap.

-Aksnopro

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
Now that I have my belt issue resolved and my clutching working realy well the only real complaints I have it the seat is way too tall and I absolutely hate the lack of steering. I am building a custom bel crank now to fix this and having a friend who is a machinest for Boing make me a new tricked out billet one. I swear every time I ride it I want to go home and shorten my seat with a chainsaw. Other than that the sled performes well and the thing flat out rips.

J

jkjasperson

Jan 28, 2008
Rock Springs, Wyoming
I did not mean that really pointed at anyone. I ment more that if you think the sled is perfect then you must be a ditch banger. Because in the deep snow and mountains its far from perfect.

No offense taken, never met you Kevin but I do know Brett pretty good. Just recently did some porting and head work on a 1000 for a guy the sled came from you.

By the way your bumpers are sick, simple and clean just the way it should be. Gonna have to get my hands on one, I am getting fond of the look of bark on the hood and a arms tho.

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
The more I ride it the more I'm trying to climb over the bars to keep the front end down, in the kind of way that the sidehill gets to steep and the track washes and your either stuck or you have to get the nose down, I know most don't do sidehills of pointing the nose straight up and moving sideways, but the only way out of it is to climb on the nose and steer out, (if you have the right suspension and power helps) and for the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would raise them up, but to each there own.

One thing I can say though is if your suspension is not setup right counter steering can be tough, This piece/lowering bracket will help counter steering and will make it easier and more predictable.
So I wouldn't go back alone but going back and down has its advantage, along with the geometry change to make it easier counter steer. I hope to go down and forward though without making it harder, ??? not sure what to do but going to worry about the running boards first.

One thing I don't agree with is $175 to look cool, much cheaper ways to do the same thing, thats just me though.

Last edited:
Premium Features