• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Backpacks

ABS Freeride.

But It doesn't hold much at all. Need to get a bigger pack like Ogio, Fly, or something for the back country days outside of avy areas.

The stash tube idea on that BCA is a cool idea. I thought adding vodka to you gatorade was the only way to keep it from freezing.

I was told you can buy neoprene sleeves at REI and slide them on the tube and is suppose to keep it from freezing.

i cant stand to wear a back pac i have a underseat bag and a custom bag in the nose of my sled to carry everything... much easier to move around when getting myself and others unstuck

I rock the ABS Vario 15. Great pack, metal buckles, good storage, and you can remove the handle and store it in the belt when boondocking in the trees, etc. My backup is the Ogio Three Six, which is also a great pack with strong straps, and good storage if ABS is out of budget. I hear BCA has a new air bag pack for around 500 bones, might be worth a look? If you get a pack with a hydration pouch, just blow the water back into the pouch after you drink and it doesnt freeze up.

Just scored on a Dakine Heli Pro 20 from Steep and Cheap for $52.49 shipped. Will be nice to have a bit longer and lighter pack and not having my shovel hit my helmet when i'm riding.

Premium Features

Back