• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ascender lift spindle options and opinions

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
gonna burn through your deep snow track pretty quick, you should also look at swapping the 2.6 on it. they make a 146 2.6 sled for this type of riding now. still low but better for crap snow and tricks

• Haha
Reactions: Suzzy-Q
I
Jan 4, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Your rear suspension drop brackets don't accommodate anything more then 1.25", ZRP's billet lift spindles are far cheaper then Ice Age, and should be a lot stronger then the BMP spindles.

Installation is easy on the ZRP.

sled.jpg

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Riots are taller, similar to zrp raise, and top of spindle is pushed forward more.

spoon

Wrenching to ride is half the fun
Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Riots are taller, similar to zrp raise, and top of spindle is pushed forward more.
Only if you use TKI upper arms. I installed Riot spindles on my 2013 with Zbroz uppers for 2016 spindles on the 38 frt end 2 seasons ago. Had to put spacers on tie rod mount to clear lower control arm and trim the ski rubbers on back as they forced ski tips up too much. Been happy with the setup over the 2016 spindles. I have a 175 track with a turbo on this sled and it is a bit of a beast in the trees but the spindles helped along with the changes I made to rear skid.

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
What’s wrong with riot uppers?
Only come in 40" stance and at the time I needed 38 uppers that would clear the reservoir shocks I have. Only Zbroz made an upper a-arm to clear the older reservoir shocks to use the new style spindles. They unfortunately no longer make them. I can use Blast uppers if I change my shocks.

Last edited:

spoon

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Kootenays, BC
Only come in 40" stance and at the time I needed 38 uppers that would clear the reservoir shocks I have. Only Zbroz made an upper a-arm to clear the older reservoir shocks to use the new style spindles. They unfortunately no longer make them. I can use Blast uppers if I change my shocks.

20220921_162729.jpg

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Got the elevates on tonight. Skid almost lays flat now, last paddle is about .75” off the ground(my skid is dropped 1”).

Might ride it a few times as a alpha before going twin.

Now onto the next on the list of mods.

Reactions: spoon

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
what is TKI/riot setup?
is this for the rail or the spindles?
Spindles (Riot) and upper a-arms with a different caster angle then the stock uppers; the geometry works really well with the the Alpha rail. The Iceage spindles work also and lots of guys like them on the Alpha, but they were originally designed for twin rails and in my opinion work much better on a twin rail setup; its a more noticeable change. The TKI/riot setup was specifically designed for the Alpha and greatly improves the handling. Some can't get over the looks of the riot spindles, but if the setup improves the handling then that is what is important, not the damn looks. :D

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
Spindles (Riot) and upper a-arms with a different caster angle then the stock uppers; the geometry works really well with the the Alpha rail. The Iceage spindles work also and lots of guys like them on the Alpha, but they were originally designed for twin rails and in my opinion work much better on a twin rail setup; its a more noticeable change. The TKI/riot setup was specifically designed for the Alpha and greatly improves the handling. Some can't get over the looks of the riot spindles, but if the setup improves the handling then that is what is important, not the damn looks. :D
so where do you get riot spindles? and what is TKI involvement in this equation? thanks for the reply, im start

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Riot spindle is roughly 1 3/4” taller.
I love the angle adjustment. My local dealer carries riot spindles and upper an arms, lowers are the same. Uppers angle back more than standard. I don’t have anything TKI on mine.
Have three other alphas with various setups and the riot is my favorite.
Steers easiest, especially in rough stuff.

Reactions: wasatchcomm

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
ok I see
you have to change the upper a arms as well as the spindles leave the lowers stock on the 2020 alpha, and all this helps get the front up 1 3/4" and this helps the alpha with rougher terrain or maybe more set up snow or spring snow... does it hurt it in the powder?
my last sled was that 1100t and the 14' cat,, and stock this alpha is ridiculously easy to ride
sorry for my ignorance, but im trying to catch up from 2014

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think the biggest benefit to a raised front on the Cat is down hill in deep snow.
It nolonger submarines. I would like to try the riot front, as i think the 27° caster is drastically exaggerated with the elevate.
Kinda sucks on firm spring snow.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Premium Features