• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else going back to the Rev chassis?

I sold my xrs to a buddy last year, and bought an xpx. Although I had virtually no mechanical issues with the xp (other than poor clutching/rpm issues) I never got the same feeling riding it. I got back on my old rev for a couple hours and was grinning ear to ear. The xp always felt like a tank, I thought I would get used to it but never did. The Rev chassis is so just so much more nimble.

BRP put a new engine in my old machine last year, I think I am going to buy it back and spend another season on that ugly yellow pos. Never has one piece of machinery given me so much pleasure, and grief! Am I crazy?:eek:

The fun factor of the Rev is tough to beat!! Once a XP is setup right, they are almost as much "fun", but will kill a Rev in the deep, plus they are noticably lighter. I spent alot of time on the XP and Rev (and a Dragon :rolleyes:) last year....bought a XP.

Like Winter Brew said, the fun factor of the rev is hard to beat. I disconnected the sway bar early in the year, it helped, as did letting the limiter strap out, but no matter what I did the xp always felt like a tank. Than I got back on my old rev, and it felt like a sports car. I put over 1000 miles on the xp so I feel like I gave it a fair shake.

Granted, I did not have the clutching of the xp completely dialed, but many days the new m-8's and dragons were beating me out the top anyway so I am thinking I might as well enjoy the ride of the rev.

I bought the 09 154 and like it just a bit better than my 06 rev which I've been able to keep,the fun factor is great on both.Can't go wrong on the 06

I don't think your crazy. I rode a freind of mine xp and didn't care for it. I was going to buy an xp but after riding his I'll just keep modding mine.

i kinda agree with ya. i had an 07 rev with the slp package and no sway bar. i jumped on my pops xp and it didn't feel as agile. i then bought an 09 m1k and the xp feels like it is glued to the snow now. they climb great, other than that, don't see why everyone has such a hard on over them

I know my XP is funner than most Rev's:D. Except for one pesky one who keeps tagging along;). No doubt they do take some getting used to. When I rode the prototypes in 07 I could tell the rear skid was going to do some serious climbing. Has not dissapointed in that department at all. To each his own though. I'll build you a power kit for a Rev too.

Dave Halverson

thats why I kept my 06 and my 04, great sleds, but I have only rode the 09 one time, seems like it all about suspention set up, time will tell

that would be like going back with the x.wife!

touche my friend!

I have finally come to the heartbreaking conclusion that I am not going to be the first one out the top every time. No one is. So instead of spending more money and time chasing a finer margin of return, I am going to sell the xp, buy my rev back and use the extra money to fund more snowmobile trips............and:beer;!

Its all in riding style and suspension set up.... Once you "learn" how to ride it, and set it up appropriately, the xp is 10 times the sled a rev is. It will climb higher, boondock better, and is much more comfortable. No comparison in my books

I spent 1000 miles trying to "learn" how to ryde/setup the xp. I still don't like it as much. Anyone that has ridden with me can vouch for the fact that I am a capable rider. It only took me a few hundred miles to "learn" how to ride a rev, and that was coming off a polaris. That was a much more drastic change than going from a rev to an xp.

The very first day I got on a rev, I was pissed that I had to ride one. Half a day later it was still a little strange, but I knew I had to have one. I bought the xp thinking I was going to love it, and have never really cared for the sled all that much. Flame on.

You won't get any flames from me....I can't ride a Dragon for poop! Most awkward, twitchy thing I've ever ridden...yet some guys are at home on them, every rider is different. :beer;

Duffman i agree with ya. Didnt are much for the XP so i added a timbersled skid, 07 seat, removed everything that wasnt necessary, venting venting venting and ofcourse a clutch kit and it seems to be unstoppable. Weighs what a stock xp does or a lil less, but the added durability of the good ol' rev.. I call her the cat/polaris killer

Premium Features

Back