• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else going back to the Rev chassis?

B

born2sled

Jul 1, 2009
i my self own a 2007 xrs this is my newest sled i have ever owned had it for two seasons now well actually one and a half cause in 09 blew the crank and had to park it to save to get a new crank warranty ran out had other issues with it to but when it runs good they do go good have tried the xp also they sure do climb good but feel different then the rev but im sure once your used to it the sled would be no problem to ride just like my rev took a bit to get used to but once you get used to the way it handles easy sled to ride. i dont know do like both forsure i would love to have a new xp cause they do go good and they are lighter the only thing i dont like about the xp is they do feel weaker but they say they are stronger but then you here also about the clutches dont stay aligned but you can buy that thing to keep em aligned (cant think of the name of it but looks like it works),also seen a guy with a new xp and the track was rubbing on the bolts near the back of the track on his first ride but like i said xp is lighter and that is what most of us mountain riders look for.to be honest wish i had an xp, a m1000, and a dragon, and a nytro.but dont think that will happen till i win the lottery . man i cant wait for winter sick of summer it is so damn hot just roasted at work today

Z
Jan 12, 2005
Hahns Peak, CO
I've had three Rev's and three Xp's. I now have just the two XP's, both 09's. You can't beat an XP in the deep powder, but I do miss my Rev's when the snow turns soft (wet) or hard. The Rev chassis handles better than the XP in anything but deep powder. Wish I could have my 06 Rev-X back just for a dedicated Spring time sled. If you go with an XP, I suggest getting the sway bar quick disconnect. Take it off when riding in deep powder or boondockin, and put it back on when riding the trails back home.

F

frog

Feb 16, 2009
MN
Had an 08 154 and traded the 08 fro a 09 154 but liked the 08 better for some reason. Sold my 09 and bought a 07 XRS that I will have a SHR 860 in. I have owned a new Doo since 05 and out of all of them including the XP's I like the 07 XRS the best, most fune sled to ride for me. My 08 Xp climbed like a mountain goat bit in the trees it was not as nimble as the rev and that is where I like to ride.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
Three pages later I finally get someone who agrees!

Slim, did you remember to unhook the swaybar frorm you xp, maybe that was the problem? ;):beer;

Absolutely! Not only unhook, but completely removed them on both our XP's.

This is an ALWAYS must doo IMHO on Rev's & specially XP's, everytime I hear about riders complaining of handling and sidehill capabilities on a REV or XP, I just shake my head due to the banter & arguments on the 4M when I suggest this. So as a result, I just don't post it anymore.:confused:

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
I still ride with my sway bar on my 06 and feel like i can cut a doughnut or sidehill whenever or wherever i want. I dont feel like the swaybar is holing me back. maybe i'll ride someone's rev without swaybar this year to compare.:light: :face-icon-small-con :light: :beer;:beer;:beer;

D
Nov 26, 2007
Wenatchee, Wa
Absolutely! Not only unhook, but completely removed them on both our XP's.

This is an ALWAYS must doo IMHO on Rev's & specially XP's, everytime I hear about riders complaining of handling and sidehill capabilities on a REV or XP, I just shake my head due to the banter & arguments on the 4M when I suggest this. So as a result, I just don't post it anymore.:confused:

My tongue was planted firmly in cheek when I suggested this:D

I think that horse is finally dead, I just couldn't help prodding it a little:eek:

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
I didnt feel a difference from removing the swaybar.. But i only ride deep snow for some reason.

Anybody ever figure out the bearing problem on the 800r? i want an 07 summit instead of my 05 with go fast goodies, but dont want one that last as long as my BB cats did lol

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
I have an o4 rev 151 that I absolutely love. havent ridden an xp fearing that I would have to buy one.Been looking for one all summer to buy and install a turbo on...problem is that my rev is dialed in and WAS unbeatable until the xp came out...now im getting my azz kicked all over the mountain.So the question is....keep the o4 and install the halverson turbo kit OR buy an 09 xp and install the turbo?

BY the way,I have about 4500kms on my rev and the bottom end is awesome. Top end has been rebuilt several times due to BOss NOss not being able to dial it in properly. The biggest improvement to my sled was the Hyperlite secondary...night and day over the stocker and you have to remove the sway bar if you want to have fun!!!

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
feels like a tank compared to my m10. it climbs good but like stated ealier, it likes to be on flat ground. it feels like a trail sled that has been extended. every sled has it ups and downs though

Too each their own, I guess. I have ridden M8s and M10s and I thought those things handled horribly compared to my XP. My XP is very rarely on flat ground, FYI.:D:D

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
Too each their own, I guess. I have ridden M8s and M10s and I thought those things handled horribly compared to my XP. My XP is very rarely on flat ground, FYI.:D:D

the couple hours on the m series, and i thought the same. it was all over the place! i would think about going one way and it would just lay right over. after one day, i went back on an xp and i then i was sold on the m series. i think everyone makes a quality sled, but overall boondocking, i think ski doo has some improvement to make. i just wish they would focus on a "mountain chassis." oh well, cat, doo, poo, yamaha.... all gooders!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I most definitely agree with the to each his own. i flop around the hill on a dragon and can't pull a cat over unless i've been working at figuring it out all day. An XP feels better but STILL feels strange to me so I'm stickin with my Rev...

Did anyone else notice that it's getting harder to buy aftermarket stuff for a rev now? Holtz for Rev? No more!! Sucks... But I found me a Holtz skid anyway and sent my suspension in to get rebuilt...

I say keep the Rev and just give her plenty of love... but I'm into mods and building so it works for me... ( I HATE how crammed the XP engine compartment is; I have small hands and I can't even get in there to get anything done!)

V
Jul 4, 2008
orem, utah
( I HATE how crammed the XP engine compartment is; I have small hands and I can't even get in there to get anything done!)[/QUOTE]

agree!!!! even just checking the plugs on my pop's xp is a ****ing act of congress!!

C
Nov 28, 2007
Elizabeth Co
So for all the people that like the REV or just flat dont have the cash for an XP
what if anything can be done to the REV to make it run with or even close to an XP in the deep

I know a lot of people are keeping there sleds for a few more years than they did in the past but may have a few bucks to throw down on up-grades.

So lets see the list.

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
So for all the people that like the REV or just flat dont have the cash for an XP
what if anything can be done to the REV to make it run with or even close to an XP in the deep

I know a lot of people are keeping there sleds for a few more years than they did in the past but may have a few bucks to throw down on up-grades.

So lets see the list.

My 07' has run with...maybe even a bit better than the XP's in our group. Just clutching and a little ventilation.

Rt

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia

So lets see the list.

list below, Might need a 146 x 2.5

Premium Features