• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone else going back to the Rev chassis?

That is what I am thinking CAT. Plus I will not have cheap sled with a new engine. The clutching in my old rev is pretty close to dialed with clutching advice I received from winterbrew a couple years ago:D.

I think the sled has 1700 miles. Is the rev chassis reliable for 3500 miles?

That is what I am thinking CAT. Plus I will not have cheap sled with a new engine. The clutching in my old rev is pretty close to dialed with clutching advice I received from winterbrew a couple years ago:D.

I think the sled has 1700 miles. Is the rev chassis reliable for 3500 miles?
got 3200 on mine.. only broke 1 bumper and blew the stock shocks, excuse to go floats all around !

Wow.... I have the 163X and its the most agile sled i have rode in stock trim. I'm 5'10" 180lbs, no prob maneuvering it. A friend took the sway bar out of his 154x and cranked the springs up, hated it, slightest weight change and it was moving all over. The REV has always had a good feel to me though.

Have never left the Rev Chassis. Have ridden XP and really liked it, but I will stick with my REV for awhile. Have ridden REV since 04 and have never looked back or ahead.

Between the past two seasons most of the guys that we ride with have moved over to the XP. Some from the old REV some from the 900 Polaris. Most found the change in riding style very simple. There was one who just couldn't get it. He seemed to over work the sled and he was never in the right balance point. After a few pointers he is now loving it. To be honest I would say yes go back to the old REV So that those of us on the XP's can get to places you can't...... OK it probably isn't that big of a change but going from a 151 to a 163 has made a huge difference. MY 163 is more manuverable than my 151 was.

some prefer 50 pounds lighter than the cat:)

i never said my cat is lighter by any means. BUT what i can say, is after riding the m series, you wont think that the xp is lighter. the feel and the ergonomics of it much more mountain riding orientated. i'm not saying the xp is a bad sled by any means

Duffman....who set up the sled for you? Wenatchee Honda? I love the feel of my xp over my old rev. My dad felt the same way you did, untill we rolled his handlebars BACK, not forward. Just food for thought. Also remember the snow conditions around our area weren't ideal this year!!

Ace

Duffman....who set up the sled for you? Wenatchee Honda? I love the feel of my xp over my old rev. My dad felt the same way you did, untill we rolled his handlebars BACK, not forward. Just food for thought. Also remember the snow conditions around our area weren't ideal this year!!

Ace

Thanks for the advice Ace. Wenatchee honda did not set it up ;). Before this year I have never spent much time tuning suspension set up, never needed to. I spent all winter trying different set ups with this sled. I started with the bars forward, and I was able to make it handle better getting them way up front, I was hanging over the ski to get the thing transitioned from down to up. I settled on having the bars laid back like everyone here suggested, and it does make for better overall handling, but still does not come around very easy. The xp just does not like to go from down to up unless you are in 3' of fluff. I agree that the xp chassis does go accross deep snow better, but in my opinion the rev handles everything else better, and is more fun while doing it.

I saw an earlier thread (sorry don't know who to credit) discussing this earlier in the year. The guy was of the opinion that the xp chassis is at heart a flatland sled. I think he was right. I don't want to start a war with xp lovers, but no one can argue that the xp does not stay on edge very well. It seems to be happiest when it is flat, and that does not suit me all that well.

Between the past two seasons most of the guys that we ride with have moved over to the XP. Some from the old REV some from the 900 Polaris. Most found the change in riding style very simple. There was one who just couldn't get it. He seemed to over work the sled and he was never in the right balance point. After a few pointers he is now loving it. To be honest I would say yes go back to the old REV So that those of us on the XP's can get to places you can't...... OK it probably isn't that big of a change but going from a 151 to a 163 has made a huge difference. MY 163 is more manuverable than my 151 was.

I have always bought the longest track available, 156" and 159" polaris's. My rev was a 159". This is the first sled where I wished I had the shorter track (154" instead of 163")

Rolling the bars back does help too, not sure if i said that in my first post.. Pretty funny watching "older gentlemen" trying to ride those XPs with the bars 4 inches forward haha, like riding a 3 wheeler

The M doesnt feel so light when that bad chickens burried, spent plenty of time diggin mine out of holes

I have always bought the longest track available, 156" and 159" polaris's. My rev was a 159". This is the first sled where I wished I had the shorter track (154" instead of 163")

I read a few of your other posts on this blog. I am amazed at what you are saying. It just sounds so different than what I am experiencing. I am only 5'7 150 lbs and hill siding, carving even in no powder is fun on my sled. I have ridden all the sleds out there and each of them work great. The Cat is somewhat more maneuverable, but is squarely in the deep stuff. I guess my point is either 1. your set up is way off or 2. you need to find the right sweet spot while riding. Please don't take offence to this i am not trying to bash your riding abilities. But something is way off. I can do a figure 8 in 1 inch of powder with out crossing my leg over. It really is that maneuverable for me.

You thought the XP was a tank? I'd never go back to the old REV chassis. Love the XP. It is light, nimble and climbs like a MOFO! Boondocks good too.
That is a great sled until you wrap it around a hidden boulder at 60mph:(:(

Last edited:
You thought the XP was a tank? I'd never go back to the old REV chassis. Love the XP. It is light, nimble and climbs like a MOFO! Boondocks good too.
That is a great sled until you wrap it around a hidden boulder at 60mph:(:(

feels like a tank compared to my m10. it climbs good but like stated ealier, it likes to be on flat ground. it feels like a trail sled that has been extended. every sled has it ups and downs though

Rolling the bars back does help too, not sure if i said that in my first post.. Pretty funny watching "older gentlemen" trying to ride those XPs with the bars 4 inches forward haha, like riding a 3 wheeler

The M doesnt feel so light when that bad chickens burried, spent plenty of time diggin mine out of holes

no sled is light when it's stuck

feels like a tank compared to my m10. it climbs good but like stated ealier, it likes to be on flat ground. it feels like a trail sled that has been extended. every sled has it ups and downs though

Your M1 feels like a tank compared to my 1978 Everest TnT.

The ski stance is so narrow I can sidehill the ramp when I load it on the trailer.

NSC

I was debating the shorter track too when I ordered my 09 163X. What I did was measure the length of track on the ground compared to my 04 159X. Suprisingly it was within a 1/2" of each other, so I ordered the longer one cause I was comfortable on my 159.

Premium Features

Back