• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anybody with Split Second's 885 in XP chassis?

Jan 29, 2008
GUNNISON CO
I've heard this Chevron thing before, but every weekend about 500 sleds fill at the one in revy so i'm not to sure. I fill there everytime i'm near revy.

As for the BB i ride with a guy who has one in an XP and it rocks, sled was set up by Baker.
I think low $2000's for the kit.

chevron supreme plus is the only fuel in bc, not ran through the pipe line. its trucked in from the coast. lower sulphur content.

D
Jul 4, 2001
Central Alberta, Canada
I would get that soon, cost price on that stuff has gone up a lot in the last month. What price are they charging today Dave?
I didn't have a sled that required it this year.....last year I ran a 14:1 Cudney head on the 800r and I ran 30:70 LL100:premium. Every time I bought LL100 it was about 25c a litre more than premium.

DRD just bought some e few weeks ago.....I'll PM him.

D
Dec 23, 2007
09 upgrade

Interesting topic. Looking at checking an 09 xp currently have 08 xp 154 had share of problems etc. Anyway what where who how? can one get hold of 885 kit who builds them? how much$ Pherhaps its worth it too get one put in 08 instead of going 09 if price point the same. Any info on price reliability etc appreciated.

Sheriff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Olds, Alberta
Interesting topic. Looking at checking an 09 xp currently have 08 xp 154 had share of problems etc. Anyway what where who how? can one get hold of 885 kit who builds them? how much$ Pherhaps its worth it too get one put in 08 instead of going 09 if price point the same. Any info on price reliability etc appreciated.

That topic is on this 4m. Ralph @ Split Second (Valleyview Alberta) 780-524-4330. $2500 plus labor for the kit. Tell him Marcel told you to phone him. Ralphy does top notch work, he has built several (too many) lol :D different motors for me. If you do it make sure you purchase from your dealer adjustable needles from the 07 model, start with the clip in the centre position. I have seen 6 or so of these & don't know of any issues once that tune is done. :beer;
Contact Fred W on here or Brotha Nos. They are both running them & are both happy

Last edited:
F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
well two years latter and it time to reply:D:D,

yes still running the 885, 2500miles on xp chasie, and lovin ever mile of it

chassie has stood up to every tree, pinecone, rollover, and so on.... i have never torchered a sled like this one before, and still riding it after the second year

as for the motor i think, you could not get a better running engine, the tq of the 885 dominates all others in xps by a margin, and makes the sled ever so much fun, as for max power, i have still not dyno yet, but will happen soon, i would guess a 170-175 range, and that like sheriff says, real hp, not the stuff quoted on the websites

if one thing i have learned over the few years with this sled, is that fuel quality is a must, bite the bullet, and get some race fuel, add 1/3 and see most problems be gone... one year i ran all farm dyed 87fuel and it ran ok with 13.5 to one, till i let a guy fill my sled, with ethanal, then squeaked:mad:

other big benifit i just found out has been the track, the tq this motor makes, the big track just compliments the motor, and cluching is so easy, other bbs cannot run this weight for a reason, and weiscos hold up sweet

another happy customer of ralphys

Premium Features