• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A/F Gauge Readings

Ran into a problem. Calibrated sensor and installed back into pipe and now the reading are only in the 5's not 10's to 14's. Replaced with new sensor and calibrated and then installed in pipe. Same readings. (5's) Ran all last season with no problems. Anyone have any thoughts. Installed on a M7 turbo bd with intercooler.
Jed

Ran into a problem. Calibrated sensor and installed back into pipe and now the reading are only in the 5's not 10's to 14's. Replaced with new sensor and calibrated and then installed in pipe. Same readings. (5's) Ran all last season with no problems. Anyone have any thoughts. Installed on a M7 turbo bd with intercooler.
Jed

good question, mine did the same thing the other day, the highest I saw was 7, but it was in the 5's most of the time. I have a hard time believing that it was that rich, the plugs looked ok.

What is likely happening is that the LC-1 (black box that connects to the O2 sensor) has somehow changed from gasoline to a custom setting (it can be setup to read A/F for methanol, propane, etc). The only way to change it back to the gasoline setting is to connect the LC-1 to a computer running their LMConfig program with their serial cable plugged into the LC-1 (most computer don't have serial ports anymore so you will need a USB to serial adapter). It will probably show it is set to "Custom" so you need to set it back to "gasoline".

There has been some discussion about this on Innovate's website forum. One theory of how this gets messed up is that if you partially unplug one of the stereo connectors when the LC1 is on, it can go from transmit to receive mode which will cause it to get reconfigured.

We have been cutting off the stereo plugs and hardwiring them - but be aware that the wire colors can sometimes be different between the 2 cables you are splicing together. If I remember right, you could see red,black,green on one side and red,black,white on the other. You need to connect red to red, but instead of black to black, black goes to white and green goes to black.

I was just about to start a thread on these gages but sence some already has I hope you don't mind me jumping on with a few questions of my own.

1> put new gage on went threw set up now the gage is alternte flashing o2-20.9 have not installed gage into pipe yet is this what it is supposed to doing.

2> what is the yellow and brown wires for I have a xd gage from what I understand these wires are not used unless you hooke up a data logger please correst me if I'm wrong.

3> when my gage went throught is set up it did what it was supposed to warmed up the sensore did the count down falshed cal and then started falshing the above 02-20.9. Pushed the call button three times as instructions said cal lights up for a couple of secounds then gose back to anterntating flashing of the 02-20.9.

any help would be great thanks Rodger

I was just about to start a thread on these gages but sence some already has I hope you don't mind me jumping on with a few questions of my own.

1> put new gage on went threw set up now the gage is alternte flashing o2-20.9 have not installed gage into pipe yet is this what it is supposed to doing.

2> what is the yellow and brown wires for I have a xd gage from what I understand these wires are not used unless you hooke up a data logger please correst me if I'm wrong.

3> when my gage went throught is set up it did what it was supposed to warmed up the sensore did the count down falshed cal and then started falshing the above 02-20.9. Pushed the call button three times as instructions said cal lights up for a couple of secounds then gose back to anterntating flashing of the 02-20.9.

any help would be great thanks Rodger

u need to do a free air calabration with the o/2 sensor out of the pipe

When the sensor is in free air (not in the exhaust), it flashes the 20.9/02, which is also what it does when you calibrate it (must be in free air). The unused wires provide an LED output, button input (for calibration), and an analog output and don't need to be connected.

the O2/20.9 just means the sled is not running. 20.9 is atmosphere. Start the sled up and it will not flash O2/20.9 any more. It will read your A/F ratio.

Was it reading 5's just idleing or while you are riding it? Do you have egt's also or just the xd16?

What is likely happening is that the LC-1 (black box that connects to the O2 sensor) has somehow changed from gasoline to a custom setting (it can be setup to read A/F for methanol, propane, etc). The only way to change it back to the gasoline setting is to connect the LC-1 to a computer running their LMConfig program with their serial cable plugged into the LC-1 (most computer don't have serial ports anymore so you will need a USB to serial adapter). It will probably show it is set to "Custom" so you need to set it back to "gasoline".

There has been some discussion about this on Innovate's website forum. One theory of how this gets messed up is that if you partially unplug one of the stereo connectors when the LC1 is on, it can go from transmit to receive mode which will cause it to get reconfigured.

We have been cutting off the stereo plugs and hardwiring them - but be aware that the wire colors can sometimes be different between the 2 cables you are splicing together. If I remember right, you could see red,black,green on one side and red,black,white on the other. You need to connect red to red, but instead of black to black, black goes to white and green goes to black.

I suspected that this would happen when we had a hard time making connection in your office and getting an error message.

Thanks
Jed

catman1200 I did as the intructions said to do for a free air calibration. I puched the button on the front of the gage three times it flashed cal then --- then went back to flashing 02/20.9. all of this was done with the sensore out of the pipe. so am I ready to install it in to the pipe thanks Rodger

catman1200 I did as the intructions said to do for a free air calibration. I puched the button on the front of the gage three times it flashed cal then --- then went back to flashing 02/20.9. all of this was done with the sensore out of the pipe. so am I ready to install it in to the pipe thanks Rodger

Yes.

Fastgas

It is as you said. I disconnected the cable between the XD-16 gauge and LC1 Sensor controller and connected to the OUT that goes to the LC1 controller with the serial cable from the computer. Powered the LC1 with 12V and start the program "LM Programmer". It loaded the software from the LC1 and it did have a custom setting for fuel setting. Changed to (14.7)gasoline, it then asked if I would like to load setting to LC1. I choose yes and the process was completed. Hooked up the connection, started the sled and everthing was reading correct. Thanks again for your time.

Jed

Premium Features

Back