• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858s hitting the line!!!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Boy better have a turbo for that kind of money!
Easy to say that now after Poo and Doo f’d up and produced to many 23/24s and are now giving them away. Great opportunity for now but I don’t anticipate the industry going back to the good old days of picking up cheap holdovers. Good luck to anyone trying to sell a 1 to 2 year old used sled. Better be ready to bend over, especially you Poo turbo guys. Great for the buyers though.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Easy to say that now after Poo and Doo f’d up and produced to many 23/24s and are now giving them away. Great opportunity for now but I don’t anticipate the industry going back to the good old days of picking up cheap holdovers. Good luck to anyone trying to sell a 1 to 2 year old used sled. Better be ready to bend over, especially you Poo turbo guys. Great for the buyers though.
No kidding! I've seen sleds similar to my 2023 boost going for $15,000...yikes granted I only paid 17. Now Lynx are going for $16,000 Turbo'd from All Terrain in Grand Junction, Co but they come with the base screen manual start.

I have no regrets I enjoyed my riding last year and this year I've got the TRS powerflow valve, clutching/pipe, and mapping so I am keen to see what this baby will do with an extra lb or 2 of boost.

Reactions: christopher
H
Oct 14, 2009
Appleton Maine
Crying because sleds are delayed, Crying because sleds come in too early. ;) When I snow check something, get the thing to me as fast as possible. $20k, thats reasonable. The 9r that I checked last yr and never rode was quite a bit more than that. Once good thing about it, i didnt have to check one this yr! Better to get the thing early than be waiting early december with no word. Im interested in seeing how these go. I think they are going to be a ripper.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
Crying because sleds are delayed, Crying because sleds come in too early. ;) When I snow check something, get the thing to me as fast as possible. $20k, thats reasonable. The 9r that I checked last yr and never rode was quite a bit more than that. Once good thing about it, i didnt have to check one this yr! Better to get the thing early than be waiting early december with no word. Im interested in seeing how these go. I think they are going to be a ripper.
All I've learned the last couple years is NEVER snowcheck. I cannot fathom buying any sled for $20,000+ when there are Turbo sleds going for $16,000. Doesn't even matter they are 2024 they are the same dam thing as the 2025! You can have 2024 n/a sleds for $11,500 too. There is no way in hell I would ever drop $20,000 for an n/a 850 right now I don't care what platform

Krause09

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
All I've learned the last couple years is NEVER snowcheck. I cannot fathom buying any sled for $20,000+ when there are Turbo sleds going for $16,000. Doesn't even matter they are 2024 they are the same dam thing as the 2025! You can have 2024 n/a sleds for $11,500 too. There is no way in hell I would ever drop $20,000 for an n/a 850 right now I don't care what platform
I myself like others don’t mind paying for an arctic cat premium sled, we’ve been waiting a long time for the release of this new platform with the new power plant! Comparing this sled to an 850 doo isn’t even in the same ballpark imo, but a 9r maybe?

• Haha
Reactions: Sheetmetalfab

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I myself like others don’t mind paying for an arctic cat premium sled, we’ve been waiting a long time for the release of this new platform with the new power plant! Comparing this sled to an 850 doo isn’t even in the same ballpark imo, but a 9r maybe?
LOL congrats on paying a premium to be a first year tester I suppose? Good thing all first year models of Cat are known to be highly desirable and perfect. Feel free to come line up against my poverty boost when we get a nice 2-3 foot snow day. You should be able to sync your GPS to mine on our touch screen displays so I can go back and find you right?

Krause09

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2016
Washington
Boost is boost, All I’m saying is try one before you knock it, Most likely you haven’t is why your saying that, this chassis works and is the real deal from the ground up not like the matrix which is built off the 2011 pro. Even the g5 is pushing 8yrs old!
I feel many will be coming to cat in the near future:)

• Haha

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
LOL congrats on paying a premium to be a first year tester I suppose? Good thing all first year models of Cat are known to be highly desirable and perfect. Feel free to come line up against my poverty boost when we get a nice 2-3 foot snow day. You should be able to sync your GPS to mine on our touch screen displays so I can go back and find you right?
2nd year on the chassis with not many issues reported from last year. I think most would trust a 1st year Cat engine over a 1st year Polaris engine. Can't get much worse than the banner year Polaris had last year for stop rides and recalls.

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
2nd year on the chassis with not many issues reported from last year. I think most would trust a 1st year Cat engine over a 1st year Polaris engine. Can't get much worse than the banner year Polaris had last year for stop rides and recalls.
Yeah Cat has a stellar rep for first year 800 engines. Oh wait nah that was Sukuzi. I wouldn't be a test dummy for any manufacturer first year which is why I'm not sitting on a 2022 boost. 2023 I've got had all recalls complete when I bought it. No problems since.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I can speak for myself only, There's a local dealer who's a good guy and supporter of our sport. I've wanted to do business with him but until now Cat didn't build a sled that inspired me enough to buy. My last new Cats were 31 years ago. LOL At my age this may well be my final new sled, so what the hell. Not that 20 bones isn't a ton of money because it is, but for 2025 I'll have the sled I wanted, not the one that was a bargain.
I refuse to drive hundreds of miles, even if the savings is thousands. It isn't worth it. Local service is PRICELESS when there's snow on the ground.

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I can speak for myself only, There's a local dealer who's a good guy and supporter of our sport. I've wanted to do business with him but until now Cat didn't build a sled that inspired me enough to buy. My last new Cats were 31 years ago. LOL At my age this may well be my final new sled, so what the hell. Not that 20 bones isn't a ton of money because it is, but for 2024 I'll have the sled I wanted, not the one that was a bargain.
I refuse to drive hundreds of miles, even if the savings is thousands. It isn't worth it. Local service is PRICELESS when there's snow on the ground.
Can't agree more about great local dealers. I just so happened to luck out my local dealer is All Terrain here in town. When you are spending $15-20,000 the difference of a few racks is negligible especially when you factor in all the other stuff like your rig/trailer and all the other expenses to ride. Despite my name I'm honestly not super brand loyal so when All Terrain threw down their holdover deals I've considered trying to unload my sled to try and buy the one of their 75 turbo Lynx sleds. As I've learned selling my 2017 last year it is a pain in the ass dealing with facebook market place "buyers" that never show up or offer 50% of sled value so I am content with the 2023.... for now. I am also still enjoying having the 7s screen/gps.

I honestly haven't seen many Cats the last few years despite all I've heard about their new platform. Do they have or are they getting close to the GPS screen setup?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I'm with you on trying to sell stuff on the Internet. Total pain in the azz!

They've had Garmin tread as an accessory for a couple years. For 2025 it was a snow check option to have it included in the new gauge. You can upgrade a base model with the fancy gauge later as an accessory but it's over $1000. It was developed with Garmin so it will talk to other Garmin devices, but not skidoo or Polaris gauges. Which is dumb. All the manufacturers need to get together on the same page with that.

Z
Jan 26, 2011
I'm with you on trying to sell stuff on the Internet. Total pain in the azz!

They've had Garmin tread as an accessory for a couple years. For 2025 it was a snow check option to have it included in the new gauge. You can upgrade a base model with the fancy gauge later as an accessory but it's over $1000. It was developed with Garmin so it will talk to other Garmin devices, but not skidoo or Polaris gauges. Which is dumb. All the manufacturers need to get together on the same page with that.
Ski Doo does not work with Polaris either. If you download the Garmin Tread App to your phone, you can track up to 20 riders as long as they have the app.

Reactions: Mafesto
Premium Features