• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

440 snopro project

Looking good. What is up w/ two lines from the pipe center section? One for boost reference to fuel pressure regulator and the other? I like the block assembly off the regulator for splitting fuel to the carbs.

Looking good. What is up w/ two lines from the pipe center section? One for boost reference to fuel pressure regulator and the other? I like the block assembly off the regulator for splitting fuel to the carbs.

Thanks.

The other line is for the wastegate to lower boost pressure to around 5 psi because actuator is around 9 psi. We are at almost sea level here so going to start with low boost on av gas, then race fuel with boost controller later on.

That block is nice with the four outlets 2 for fuel 1 for low fuel pressure warning and the other for fuel pressure gauge.

Took a little break to catch up on other stuff last week so now time to get this done and dialed in, first race is feb 3. Waiting on a few more parts which should be here soon then do a total tear down of sled and build the brand new motor that was fitted with wisecos at 7 thou clearance. I let enough room beside the chaincase for the liquid intercooler NOS!!.

last of the parts finaly came in, but elbow was not what I ordered so had needed to to fab up a 2.25 flange to weld to the stock 2" flange. Parts are all in good to go now. next post will be the first pull on the cord.

well here it is finaly running. Was not to sure where to start with the carbs because the sled came with 34's and now it has 38, so I went rich on everything and work from there. second pull and she came to life. Everything seems to check out, fuel pressure in holding and oil pressure is looking good.
Guess tomorrow off to the lake to start on a tune after rapping the pipe and y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2mN_rFqKq4

Last edited:
Well pulled it out of the shop today on a shop tune for the first time with wastegate set at 5 lbs. Still need to rap the pipe to get some heat in the pipe but regardless it hit 5 lbs with ease. Still running real fat and rpm hitting 9 + on stock clutching. Im really pleased with the outcome for the first time out. That little motor feeds that big turbo with ease. Oh by the way this is a none studded track on ice so not really going anywhere.

All I can say is if it wasn't for Mr Gus Bohne I would have never built this. THANKS !! buddy

A couple driveway blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdv0Z6TvmWY

Last edited:
LMAO// Mike,,
damn good to put a face to the name.
Load that little clutch some and welcome to the club !!!

a 440 snoxer on boost !!!!!! You guys west of quebec are good in my book:face-icon-small-hap

Uncle Donny bought a new toy too...bet you know what that is..

Gus

went ahead with a different head design to lower compression without having 160 thou squish . It made boost with ease but it just didn't feel right it felt weak on the bottom, so had some spare heads so i figured ill play on the cnc and come up with something. I went with a top hat with a small toroidal center to increase a better burn to avoid deto. Now I have 80 thou squish with 110 on the cord. This design should bring back a little low end torque.

Last edited:
Thanks.

The other line is for the wastegate to lower boost pressure to around 5 psi because actuator is around 9 psi. We are at almost sea level here so going to start with low boost on av gas, then race fuel with boost controller later on.

That block is nice with the four outlets 2 for fuel 1 for low fuel pressure warning and the other for fuel pressure gauge.

Just wondering if the boost reference line on the pipe to FPR ever clogs up with carbon from the exhaust?

Premium Features

Back