• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2023 Boost Flash

Flash my 22 Boost with the 23 update?

• Yes

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Has anyone done this to there 2022 Boost and had positive results? I was going to have my 22 Boost flashed in hopes that it would help the God awful bottom end. Seems to me a lot of guys are complaining about their 23s. I never flashed my 20 or 21 850s because they always ran great and never fouled plugs. I'm a firm believer if it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I'm skeptical about doing the flash on my 22. I have accepted it being a turd and it will only be brought out if the 9R grenades or we have 3 feet of fresh.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Has anyone done this to there 2022 Boost and had positive results? I was going to have my 22 Boost flashed in hopes that it would help the God awful bottom end. Seems to me a lot of guys are complaining about their 23s. I never flashed my 20 or 21 850s because they always ran great and never fouled plugs. I'm a firm believer if it ain't broke, don't fix it, so I'm skeptical about doing the flash on my 22. I have accepted it being a turd and it will only be brought out if the 9R grenades or we have 3 feet of fresh.
As long as the dealer relearns both solenoids.

Definitely do it.

Crisper bottom end.

Also get rid of that awful series 8 track.

skibumm

Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2004
Utah
The bottom end issue is interesting for sure. My boost clutching and bottom end is WAY better than my 850 was. In fact, it was the first thing I noticed about it.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
My sled is in getting the flash today. Ive heard it’s much better, expect the brake update thst comes with it. The bottom end on my 22’ boost was pretty good, better now with a P-85 and TRS clutching.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
As long as the dealer relearns both solenoids.

Definitely do it.

Crisper bottom end.

Also get rid of that awful series 8 track.
2.75 is awesome in our sugar snow. Took lynx out this last weekend. Track definitely hooks up waaay better in snow we were in. Lynx is a heavy girl. Track, motor and suspension are better. They still haven't got my buddy's boost in to do recalls. He rode my 9r anyway.

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I am still surprised you like the 9r over the boost. I ride at 9-10,000, but there hasn't been a day that I would prefer the 9r. 9r runs great. Just no boost.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I am still surprised you like the 9r over the boost. I ride at 9-10,000, but there hasn't been a day that I would prefer the 9r. 9r runs great. Just no boost.
If you are doing tight technical riding the heavy boost with lag is too much of a workout.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They aren't a boost at that elevation but light and fun. A lot of our trees are really tight and can't completely light the boost up. Bottom end when tight in tight trees is priceless.
Also, i never said i was smart. Sold my kaos boost and am riding a lynx. I will make it work but the lynx is heavy. Night and day better than 2020.5 i had. Completely hated that sled. Lynx motor, suspension, track are better than poo. Playing on rutted out, tracked out steep sidehills with pretty good consequences, was a workout. Not a problem but she felt heavy and i was sweating like a pig. That is why it's nice riding something light and rippy. Just like trying new stuff. My boost was just too good
Then the only thing to blame is me. Can't have that.

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
If you are doing tight technical riding the heavy boost with lag is too much of a workout.
Heavy ? A boost 165 no e-start is 535 ready to ride . That’s lightweight to me . My 22 n/a 165 e-start was 525 ready too ride. I rode a 22 boost in the trees on the weekend and the lag was terrible. Hope my 23 is better

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
The 23 flash has the same lag, just runs a bit better. We found epi p22 cluch weights are the best for bottom end response. It would be nice if polaris got the boost to have the same bottom end snap as the the doo turbo-R.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Heavy ? A boost 165 no e-start is 535 ready to ride . That’s lightweight to me . My 22 n/a 165 e-start was 525 ready too ride. I rode a 22 boost in the trees on the weekend and the lag was terrible. Hope my 23 is better
I don't know where you get your stats but Polaris says 26lb difference. That being said it's mostly all top weight too, which is the worst possible place you can add weight. Boost are heavier and have lag. 2 worst things for technical riding.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The 23 flash has the same lag, just runs a bit better. We found epi p22 cluch weights are the best for bottom end response. It would be nice if polaris got the boost to have the same bottom end snap as the the doo turbo-R.
I hope next year their 9R turbo is alot closer to the Doo. The Doo is the closest thing to no lag I have ever seen. I'd almost go as far as to say it has zero lag.

Premium Features