• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Polaris Turbo Matryx..

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
You forgot a factory cooker on the can!
Nah, gotta leave something for the aftermarket! Oh, how about reversible ice scratchers and a tether? Left those two off as well and they are both no brainers.

On a side note I did White Castle cheeseburgers in the cooker the other day - damn they were good! Buy Reynolds oven bags to put them in - keeps the moisture in.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
cbb8030919b771ee6bbf2bcee84ffb72.jpg

I mean have you ever looked at the porting on an old school PSI 1085? My gawd man you could just about stick your head in there and look around.. No wonder they went like hell then didn’t last too long.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I agree, should be easy to pull that off and if they do it right it will be more useful than simply an altitude compensator.
Depends on your definition of more useful... an "altitude compensator" would do anyone over 8k more good than a 200hp big bore. And a 900 is not gonna make anywhere near 200hp.

Reactions: Scott

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Turbo is more reliable? Ha Ha Ha you are killing me
These new turbos don't come out on a rope like they used to but big bores still do. Only had one buddy that had decent luck. It was an 1140. Everyone else blew up. If you had a big bore to match doo, at elevation, the warranty list would be a mile long. Their turbo has been pretty flawless. We will see on Polaris. I still think that's next year but maybe not.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
These new turbos don't come out on a rope like they used to but big bores still do. Only had one buddy that had decent luck. It was an 1140. Everyone else blew up. If you had a big bore to match doo, at elevation, the warranty list would be a mile long. Their turbo has been pretty flawless. We will see on Polaris. I still think that's next year but maybe not.

The 840 production engine is a “big bore” brother to the 640 production engine. The big brother just came first..

or did it..?

Maybe the 840 is not the biggest brother.. ?

Maybe we have not met the biggest brother yet?

What if the 1040 is only $1000 more? for 200 HP at sea level..

When we finally meet the biggest brother what happens when you add an aftermarket turbo to that.. ?

You get to be king .. ?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Depends on your definition of more useful... an "altitude compensator" would do anyone over 8k more good than a 200hp big bore. And a 900 is not gonna make anywhere near 200hp.
I know some of you southern guys ride above 8000' but most of us Canadians don't. There is a lot of good ridings under 7000' and much of that as little as 5000'. And torque right from the bottom is nice with less weight and possibility better balance.

Reactions: Mentzel and Boreal

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Big bores don't last. I have a buddy who is selling his wife's silber freeride for new turbo. The guy buying it is sick of putting his 872 back together. Burandt claims the 900 carls is different and maybe they are. There is something more fun about naturally aspirated sometimes. If the snow is deep there is no replacement for boost at our elevation. We unload at 5500 to 6000 and most of our riding is between 8000 and 9500.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Some patents Polaris filed, I know its been posted before. There is a lot to read and pick apart if you go through them all. Some cliff notes are reeds in the airbox,exhaust bypass, 2-3psi at low elevation, 7psi at high elevation.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Some patents Polaris filed, I know its been posted before. There is a lot to read and pick apart if you go through them all. Some cliff notes are reeds in the airbox,exhaust bypass, 2-3psi at low elevation, 7psi at high elevation.
7 psi at 10 or 11 thousand feet would be just absolutely freaking awesome!!!!!

Tree Boss

Lifetime Membership
Jan 11, 2009
Franklin County ID
I keep checking in on this thread to see what new info has come forth. I'd love to see a 400 lb boosted 895cc released. I know some folks haven't had good luck with Polaris motors but I have. I've actually had better luck with Polaris motors then Ski Doo and that includes their 850 which only made it 1200 before it blew. Thank goodness for warranty! Don't let us down Polaris!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Seems like Scott know's what is coming and has hinted at Polaris having quite the gag order in place.
I've been on a couple of different forums with guys knowing about the next big release and all have commented on how much fun it was watching the rest of us speculate on what was to come. Some are way off, and some come scarily close.
Does that mean you don't think we know sh!t
Terry, what people know, what people think they know and what people wish for, can overlap or deviate quite a bit. :)

Premium Features