• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Polaris RMK

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
No chopped tunnel so it must be coming with an updated chassis for 2022. Be interesting to see if the cop the tunnel how they deal with cooling with the new 2.75 lug track since the RMK has no front cooler.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I wonder where the buyers are going to go then? There is a sizeable thread on Dootalk where people are complaining over the lack of news from Doo this year, and congratulating Polaris for gaining customers from BRP's lack of news. And now this.... perhaps Cat will have a brilliant 2021 season?!?!?

A new chassi/platform and a new engine, I'd say that is plenty of new stuff.
Sorry, I guess I forgot to clarify that I'm only talking about what is happening in the west. What is said on Dootalk is fairly irrelevant as the overwhelming majority of them don't ride at an elevation where the Doo Turbo is meaningful, so then, yeah, I would expect them to feel like Doo didn't do much for them this year.

So let me be clear: Polaris will lose a lot of market share IN THE MOUNTAINS TO THE DOO TURBO. I understand that not everybody can afford one. Shoot - I can't afford one. But also - lots of people can afford one - and have been waiting around for this to happen for 10 years.

Reactions: Remmy and Boreal

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
I'm not sure that Polaris will lose much, some.....yes but that will always happen with the guys that think they need the newest thing. The Doo is still in an old chassis and there have been several complaints on how heavy the front end feels on these at slow maneuvering speeds. Will it have power, I'm sure but it will never handle like an RMK. I think the only reason Doo threw the new turbo into the market was to limp the old chassis along another year or two.

Bro - you're an ambassador. Could anybody possibly expect you to say anything otherwise?

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
NEW Track - series 8 - 165 x 2.75" - 3.5" pitch
NEW Quick Drive 2 (QD2) = Lighter and Quicker = even Lower Inertia.
NEW 10% Gear Reduction
NEW weight savings - 5 lbs lighter.

Not too bad, in my opinion, for a "non-new chassis" year. The color choices are pretty lame this year though.

I agree, it's actually not too bad. And at the elevations I ride, I actually love them gearing it down - that's awesome.

But what Doo did this year was just knock it out of the park. So even though Polaris did some good things - this year at least, it pales in comparison.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Honestly, I can't find a reason to upgrade mt '18 Axys
I will not own another without PIDD & E Start

React front end is the reason I look forward to upgrading my 18. Also, the extra 50 cc will be nice assuming they can make it more reliable in the next year or two.

• Love
Reactions: mrclueless

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Let’s not get too carried away here...

The gen4 chassis came out in 2017
The axys chassis came out in 2016
So Polaris is the one with the “old” chassis, even though the axys chassis is pretty stellar ( I owned one for 3 seasons ).

I think you’re referring to my thread on the heavy front end feel of the doo turbo, and while I’d like to make it more playful I’d compare what I’m feeling to that of an RMK vs a Khaos.

As far as the Polaris reveal goes, I think it’s awesome that you can finally get a belt drive in all tracks now. I thought they said the reason the 3” tracks didn’t have it before was they couldn’t get the gearing they wanted to fit in the chassis? Did they go to a smaller driver to bridge the gap or just slap the belt drive in there like the aftermarket?

Yes dropped to 6 tooth driver..

Reactions: justinkredible56

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
Turbo on the doo won’t make it handle like an axys. I rode a ‘20 summit for a day in Colorado and couldn’t wait to get my khaos back. It’s not if people can afford it it’s if they want to sacrifice handling for power, IMO of course.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Doo did nothing for me and the way I ride. They added 15# to the front of a already heavy sled. I like the changes and will be sno checking 2 khaos.

Doo needs to put taller spindles on and raise there chassis up because they are a snow plow compared to an axys in deep snow. They need a turbo to push the snow out of the way.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Haven't found 2021 RMK warranty info on Poo's site - did anyone else happen to see it?

• Sad
Reactions: boondog

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Have been thinking the same thing these last few days. I want to see some "nude pics" :p

Me too. And the cynic in me says that the only reason that they won't show it to us is because it would be our proof that the only real difference between the AXYS and the MATRYX is the plastics. They obviously don't want that to be the message that the market receives.

R
Feb 26, 2008
Me too. And the cynic in me says that the only reason that they won't show it to us is because it would be our proof that the only real difference between the AXYS and the MATRYX is the plastics. They obviously don't want that to be the message that the market receives.
Thats cause thats the only real difference. Running boards and footwells, steering support slightly. But the bulkhead is the same.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
So what about those new reveals after 6 days?? No hillclimbs at Jackson, but what about the news?

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Premium Features