• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2021 Marlon Xplore Pro II Sled Deck

M
Mar 28, 2013
Houston B.C.
I edited my other post as I remembered what the white wire on the harness was for. The white wire is for the reverse light circuit.
That light bar is not a Marlon product. Go look at the Plutco Blade light. It will show the harness and the the wiring, and you tube vids.
I do not know why Marlon or the dealer do not know of this wire harness. It should be supplied with the deck.

When I explained what I wanted to do with Plutco, they are the ones that told me Marlon can get that harness I needed, When I called Marlon with the part number, they told me they never ordered that before.
I called lots of deck manufacturers, and they were clueless on how to get around the trailer app, one told me to splice into the taillight wiring.
Thanks for the help! Marlon was decent on telling me what they figured I needed but my dealership had no clue. If I was a dealer for them I would make sure I knew what everything did, how to wire it as well as how to mount it in the new boxes. Considering how much they cost I would expect better customer service. The 4 lil headache rack lights must be on that same white wire circuit cause mine have never worked. Either that or I don’t know how to turn them on

M
Mar 28, 2013
Houston B.C.
I edited my other post as I remembered what the white wire on the harness was for. The white wire is for the reverse light circuit.
That light bar is not a Marlon product. Go look at the Plutco Blade light. It will show the harness and the the wiring, and you tube vids.
I do not know why Marlon or the dealer do not know of this wire harness. It should be supplied with the deck.

When I explained what I wanted to do with Plutco, they are the ones that told me Marlon can get that harness I needed, When I called Marlon with the part number, they told me they never ordered that before.
I called lots of deck manufacturers, and they were clueless on how to get around the trailer app, one told me to splice into the taillight
Not sure why this posted twice lol

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
So here’s a crazy option. My gmc dealer ran the fender flare screws through the wires that illuminate the fender clearance lights when they did warranty work on my A/C lines that required removing the inner wheel well liners. ****ed up all my rear end lights. And of course they wouldn’t admit to their mistake.

23FA51C0-7B75-4B89-91A6-181C2FF9D8BE.jpeg 7F55D24B-54E2-4B3F-9533-397162B77A25.jpeg E75314FC-C4A0-4729-929F-014773EB5736.jpeg

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Thanks for the help! Marlon was decent on telling me what they figured I needed but my dealership had no clue. If I was a dealer for them I would make sure I knew what everything did, how to wire it as well as how to mount it in the new boxes. Considering how much they cost I would expect better customer service. The 4 lil headache rack lights must be on that same white wire circuit cause mine have never worked. Either that or I don’t know how to turn them on

Your Welcome.

This drove me bonkers the first time I put my deck in.
Gm likes to make simple stuff complicated, All my truck would do is everytime I started the truck it would recognize the deck as a trailer, regardless if it was the 7 or the 4 pin in the bed or the bumper. The mirror camera would activate with the signal lights, which was cool, but the warning chime to select a trailer got old quick.

Humm, Those 4 penny lights in the headache rack I thought were on a switch? Maybe @Norona or someone else can assist.

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Your Welcome.

This drove me bonkers the first time I put my deck in.
Gm likes to make simple stuff complicated, All my truck would do is everytime I started the truck it would recognize the deck as a trailer, regardless if it was the 7 or the 4 pin in the bed or the bumper. The mirror camera would activate with the signal lights, which was cool, but the warning chime to select a trailer got old quick.

Humm, Those 4 penny lights in the headache rack I thought were on a switch? Maybe @Norona or someone else can assist.

Oh and it shut off my rear park sensors.

M
Mar 28, 2013
Houston B.C.

That’s what I use in my 2020 duramax with a 2020 Marlon sled deck. Just set it up in the trailering app as an “in bed accessory” or something like that. Works like a charm.

I can help more if you’re still running into problems.
SOB!! lol. I just tried a 7-4 pin adaptor and did what you mentioned. Works like it should. No Faults. Other than it showing the side of your vehicle when turning (which i can deal with), it's good. I guess I should have been a little more patient and waited on this thread a little longer. Now I have to send the wire harness back to Marlon. I'm sure they will be happy to hear about this cause they figured for sure you would need a harness. Thanks for the help! Have a great season!

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
You will always have your trailer app recognize the deck as a trailer. That’s the purpose of the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
To turn off the turn signal side camera, press settings/Trailering/ toggle “side trailer camera” off.

Side note, I’ve noticed using a round to flat adapter specifically for LED trailer lights has made the truck always recognize my trailers now.

8F7728C6-880B-4ED4-8EE4-E8FA62F3B3E3.jpeg

H
Oct 18, 2016
Just bought a new marlon deck and installed it to my 2018 GMC HD, has anyone tried wiring the reverse light to the box cargo lighting? That way you can use the reverse light from the cargo light aux switch and don’t need to be in reverse to function the flood LED on the putco blade?

Winshady

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 16, 2019
Northern California
I removed the left rear taillight and gained access to the in bed LED light wiring. I spliced in a new lead off those wires and hooked them to my sled deck under lighting, plus added some cool little light bars on the underside of the ramp attaching bar. Now when I push the cargo light button the mirrors, the under deck, the high mount stop light cargo lights, everything lights up. Works well for me. Oh by the way, 2020 gmc HD.

H
Oct 18, 2016
I removed the left rear taillight and gained access to the in bed LED light wiring. I spliced in a new lead off those wires and hooked them to my sled deck under lighting, plus added some cool little light bars on the underside of the ramp attaching bar. Now when I push the cargo light button the mirrors, the under deck, the high mount stop light cargo lights, everything lights up. Works well for me. Oh by the way, 2020 gmc HD.
Good idea thanks for the feedback!

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
NEW GM and NEW Marlon deck,

what is everyone doing with the driver side front leg where the fuel filler protrudes into the bed?

also, what wiring harness is needed to keep the truck happy?

i had a hell of a time getting the right one for my Ford. but once I did, it was great

thanks

Premium Features