• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3,

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Still no pictures?

I'm really hoping it's painted like your new Doo!! The Mirage "dreamsicle" edition!!

963adbecf387bcd570ad3020a89d2a07.jpg

I'm still pulling for these colors!!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
2017 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3, the 3rd build begins...

Just pulled into the Mirage pickup lot to get our new trailer and it Looks like we are getting the EXTREME SPORT version this year for all season use!

9b3aa29d39ab7455912edf2b3e5489ff.jpg

f97a069c58a9cdb37b4cf483dc5c1a50.jpg

0985a9f5b3af66563a0abe54bdac0556.jpg

f7e952966ac6dfca022b6ce14c454885.jpg

Last edited:
L
May 15, 2009
I'm surprised that Mirage is still using screws on the exterior trailer siding and not going with the bonded method. Personally I think the screw less sides look a lot better.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
I'm surprised that Mirage is still using screws on the exterior trailer siding and not going with the bonded method. Personally I think the screw less sides look a lot better.

X2

Plus there is less places for water to get inside with bonded sides.

Every trailer I see after a few years has water streaks and rust coming from the screw heads.

Looks nice otherwise.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

They offer the trailers in BOTH configurations.
The last 3 we had were screwless.
And this one is screwed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You pick up a RZR too?

he he he
no.
they had their RZR parked in my trailer when I pulled into the lot to show me that the Sport Trailer was setup for 12 month recreational use and not just for hauling sleds.

So Mirage tells me that the dedicated SNOW trailers only account for about 10% of sales in this market segment, with about 90% of the people going for this upgraded stronger trailer configuration that supports heavier vehicles for year round use. If I understand it correctly, the entry angle on the rear ramp is shallower, the ramp itself is heavier/stronger for increased vehicle weights, and the axles on the trailer are higher rated for heavier capacity. Otherwise the trailer is pretty much the same as the SNOW edition.

Thats why they wanted me to try this configuration this year.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
he he he
no.
they had their RZR parked in my trailer when I pulled into the lot to show me that the Sport Trailer was setup for 12 month recreational use and not just for hauling sleds.

So Mirage tells me that the dedicated SNOW trailers only account for about 10% of sales in this market segment, with about 90% of the people going for this upgraded stronger trailer configuration that supports heavier vehicles for year round use. If I understand it correctly, the entry angle on the rear ramp is shallower, the ramp itself is heavier/stronger for increased vehicle weights, and the axles on the trailer are higher rated for heavier capacity. Otherwise the trailer is pretty much the same as the SNOW edition.

Thats why they wanted me to try this configuration this year.

This make sense to get more use out of the trailer. If would be interesting to see the weight difference between your last trailer and this one as I think you said both were the same 30' size correct?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Seen it at the snow show out front Sharp!!!!:face-icon-small-hap
Agreed
Its a VERY different look from the last 2 trailers they built for me.
Each of these project trailers has been a LOT of fun to play with.
This one has some differences from the past ones and it will be interesting to hear what other riders think of it this winter.

JUST NEED MORE SNOW now!

Premium Features