• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 SnoWest "ULTIMATE" Project Trailer #3,

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How about 2 days after the show, should give them time to clean all the foot and finger prints off of it from demo'ing it at the show!!

Any preference between the two ramp traction companies?

Caliber and Superglides?

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/snowmobile-trailer-accessories/LPGG.php

http://www.superclamp.net/superglides.asp

I have superglides in mine that I installed 10 years ago but some have gotten hammered and I need to replace some sections.

Ya, they would certainly want the new DEMO Sled at the show for everyone to see.

As for the glides.
I have used the SUPERTRAX on the last 2 trailers and absolutely LOVED THEM.

In all honestly, I would NOT have the polybead floor WITHOUT the glides if you are going to use the trailer for MULTI-DAY events and melt out the sleds at night.

My experience has been that the floors end up with a LOT of WET ICE and I have had several people slip and go CRASHING to the floor when the heaters are running.

Once we installed the Glides, that never happened again.

As of right now, I have NO experience with the Caliber other than knowing it is quite a bit less expensive.

DSC_0466.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

JMCX

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
You keep saying Supertrax, that is a magazine not the manufacturer of
Superglides. Superclamp is what you are trying to think of. I didn't realize Caliber had copied so many of the features of the Superglides. They haven't copied the optional edge trim mounting method yet. This can make for an even cleaner, easier install. Are Calibers made in China?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
You keep saying Supertrax, that is a magazine not the manufacturer of
Superglides. Superclamp is what you are trying to think of. I didn't realize Caliber had copied so many of the features of the Superglides. They haven't copied the optional edge trim mounting method yet. This can make for an even cleaner, easier install. Are Calibers made in China?

HE HE HE

RIGHT YOU ARE.
Superclamp's SuperGlide Pro II is what I have had in the last 2 trailers from Mirage. They have been GREAT.

http://www.superclamp.net/superglides.asp

FSHEETBG__SGLIDESwWIDE-new.png

As for the Edge Guide.
We did that in the last trailer, and we all agree we would NOT repeat it.
That is just not appropriate for a trailer given that sleds must cross over from left to right and right to left from time to time and the edge guards do NOT like to be driven over. I think they are IDEAL for the Sled Deck though.

D

DeckTred

Oct 31, 2016
Floor

Hey thanks for referring us to the site at the SLC snowshow, we're really enjoying it! We would love to put some custom floor in that trailer, its going to be DECKED OUT!!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hey thanks for referring us to the site at the SLC snowshow, we're really enjoying it! We would love to put some custom floor in that trailer, its going to be DECKED OUT!!!

Thanks for the offer guys.
Let me see what I can do for you.
We have two Mirage Trailers that SnoWest is running.
I might be able to get you in on the other trailer that the guys at the office use.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
one week from today I finally get my hands on this beast.
Just in time for the

Idaho Snowmobile Show
Event Date(s): Nov 18, 2016 – Nov 19, 2016
Event Details
November 18-19, 2016

Friday: 3 PM to 8 PM
Saturday: 10 AM to 6 PM

EXPO Idaho 5610 Glenwood Boise, ID 83714

$8.00 — General Admission Children under 12 Free
Advance tickets on Website

Click here to go to the SnoWest Magazine website.

Contact Infomation
phone 208.524.7000

studboy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2009
Nokomis,SK
Do they have an option to get the frame rails and cross members sprayed with a boxliner? Paint really doesn't last very long underneath a trailer and a boxliner type material should resist stone chips a lot better.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Do they have an option to get the frame rails and cross members sprayed with a boxliner? Paint really doesn't last very long underneath a trailer and a boxliner type material should resist stone chips a lot better.

I HAVE ASKED about this as an option.
And so far as I know they are not offering any upgrade undercoatings as yet.

And yes, I do agree, that IS something I think is worth doing if you are buying a new one of these trailers.

Premium Features