• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 m8000 pro armor plug and play tether

schnid21

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2009
Solder in to the wires in front of the steering post. That is the easiest way. Only downside to this, if u start the sled with the hood off or unplugged , u can't shut off the sled however, most people don't run the sled with the hood off.
90928f335643c6e3ef437abe662a5de1.jpg

GS6

I'm new to the pro climb chassis so haven't traced all the wiring and where it goes yet. But hoping you could comment on the not being able to shut the sled off. In the spring I fog my engine and typically do it with the hood removed. Does the handlebar wiring on this sled go from the bars to the hood and then to the main chassis? Or how is it routed that removing the hood doesn't allow you to shut it down anymore. My pro armor just showed up so planning to install shortly.

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
I just ordered mine. They told me, no need to remove the seat/tank on the pre '15 models, the harness should be accessible from the cluch side.

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
I just ordered mine. They told me, no need to remove the seat/tank on the pre '15 models, the harness should be accessible from the cluch side.

When I had my 13, the harness was tucked behind the A frame right behind the secondary

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
Ordered the solder in Pro Armour tether with where I'll have to solder the wires in.

I'd like to remove the key from the equation and just run the tether as the switch. Anybody know how to wire it?

tadder52

Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Northern MN
I believe u just unplug the key switch

GS6

so, what you're saying is that people could just unscrew the keyswitch mech, unplug the connector, and pull the rope to steal a sled?

If that's the case (not saying you're wrong) I'll just leave the key in it and call the insurance company.....

Sled shows up Tuesday. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap The work starts then. :face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-coo:face-icon-small-dis:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features