• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 m8000 pro armor plug and play tether

A
Sep 14, 2009
Hi I have put off working on my new sled a ton but now that the snow is starting to fly I got to get going. I purchased the pro armor tether and am not to sure where and which harness it connects to? Anyone know? And is that all I have to do or is there more to the install? Thanks!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Hi I have put off working on my new sled a ton but now that the snow is starting to fly I got to get going. I purchased the pro armor tether and am not to sure where and which harness it connects to? Anyone know? And is that all I have to do or is there more to the install? Thanks!!
Solder in to the wires in front of the steering post. That is the easiest way. Only downside to this, if u start the sled with the hood off or unplugged , u can't shut off the sled however, most people don't run the sled with the hood off.
90928f335643c6e3ef437abe662a5de1.jpg

GS6

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
But my tether looks like this? Doesn't this just mean it plugs into another harness somewhere? Where I do not know.
That is nice. Much easier than stripping and soldering. I would think if the company could make such a nice plug in, they would be capable of a nice set of intructions?

GS6

A
Sep 14, 2009
Ya it's a pro armor super nice set up, but the instructions that came were for the other style were you have to do all that. So I'm just not to sure where this plugs into?

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Gonna need to take the fuel tank off and get to the wiring harness behind the steering post

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
sweet setup if it will piggy the plug zip tied to the back of the coolant bottle.

cats tether is an epic fail!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Agreed, I just put my pro armor on and spliced into the wires at the bars. Would much rather liked to have done it by just plugging it in. Should just be plug in play with that harness plug zip tied between the post and fuel tank

A
Sep 14, 2009
No it didn't it came with like a general direction of how to test it and that was about it. It was for an older model by the picture and write up.

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Did you ever figure out where this plugs in? Would like to get a tether for my sled this year, only thing that has held me back is having to cut/splice wires... plug n play would be nice.

Last edited:

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
if it is anything like the cat tether, you have to re-pin one of the plugs on the sled for it to work. Not hard but gotta know what pin to move.

Sled208

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2010
Remove the seat and gas tank. And it looks exactly like the. Main harness plug that is zip tied to the back of the coolant bottle. That's a sweet setup. I just installed the cat one. Wished I'd seen this first

R

RiotCountry

Jul 11, 2010
Minneapolis
Remove the seat and gas tank. And it looks exactly like the. Main harness plug that is zip tied to the back of the coolant bottle. That's a sweet setup. I just installed the cat one. Wished I'd seen this first

Nice! Any insight into re-pinning the harness per the comment above?

Premium Features