• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 South Range/Twin Lakes Snow Conditions

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
It kinda finally settled out! The temps are in the teens and twenties. Great base and you can make great turns in fields and logging roads. After this next dump its gonna be time to venture off trail:face-icon-small-ton. We have had 100 inches of snow in the Keweenaw and winter doesn't officially start for another 5 days! We have more snow in houghton than snowbird, Tahoe and most other western ski areas:heart: so get after it!!

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Looking good.
Trails are in great shape some reported of some off trail but caution.
(Sent ya a pm)

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Trails were in prime condition this weekend. 30-40" off trail and setting up a nice base. Still some exposed stumps and they could use another 20" to completely cover them up but it should be really good the 28th and beginning of January. I got to test out my new C3 Sled Gear jacket at least, which is awesome btw :face-icon-small-coo hope the snow keeps fallin!

M

mthoodskiguy

Feb 19, 2008
DIAMOND LAKE/BEND
Trails were in prime condition this weekend. 30-40" off trail and setting up a nice base. Still some exposed stumps and they could use another 20" to completely cover them up but it should be really good the 28th and beginning of January. I got to test out my new C3 Sled Gear jacket at least, which is awesome btw :face-icon-small-coo hope the snow keeps fallin!

Nice! Sorry I couldn't make it.. Looks super fun! Havin some knee issues that won't go away:face-icon-small-fro

wjl

Lifetime Membership
Mar 29, 2008
Eden, UTAH
Pictures look great.
Viewed the video before you removed it, looked like snow was deep.
BTW was that in the same area of the Christmas ride?

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Pictures look great.
Viewed the video before you removed it, looked like snow was deep.
BTW was that in the same area of the Christmas ride?

Thanks, yea I was trying to figure out how to embed the video instead but I couldn't figure it out, and I didn't think the quality was that great but oh well... I put it back up now.

Yea it was in the same general vacinity that we were in over Christmas. Remember those two down trees we had to go up and around? well they're at shin height now...

Premium Features