• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Pro Rmk Silber Reflash Final Adjustments

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
hey dave

i'm a confused

did it run right on 50%50% ?
and not with 30% 70% ?

how much boost ?
also are you seeing 8200 rpm in full loaded hill climb ?
thanks

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Ran on 30 /70 just got a few DET codes in like 10 miles... Went back to truck added nesessary 110 to bring up to the 50/50... Then no codes... At the elevation I was running this weekend " 3500-5000" it wants 50/50 to not get DET .... Have you ran AV ? A buddy has a boondocker and runs streight AV at same location no problem with DET ... 8200 WOT and 7-8lbs boost as far as I can see... Looks closer to 8 according to auto meter boost guage .... Loaded yes

Last edited:

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
How much weight can we run in the primary? Has anyone ran say 84 or 86 to see if it would stutter. Turbos I've had in the past would pull lots of weight at a certain point and just gain track speed. When I go back west I will do some tests on this. Has anyone changed spark plugs right after it does it. I just thought about this the other day that a misfiring plug could be an issue piece of carbon floating around.

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Brand new plugs each ride when tuning... Read in another thread to gap at .015 ???! I'll give it a try next weekend... I've checked it all clutch, hoses, fuel line, exhaust valves and springs are new, brand new reeds, but I was gapping plugs at .023 so maybe there is something there... I'm stumped

Last edited:

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
If you run more weight rpms will come down ive tried it. Cant remember what weight i used but was pulling 7850-7950rpm and it made the sputter happen more often.

I also talked to Reed at boondocker Canada. And he said hes replaced some of Silbers dobek boxes that run aux injectors with boondocker controllers with success. But nothing with the ecu reflash and larger injectors. He said the boondocker box for a pipe, can etc might work but they have never done it so no guarantees. Also said id be completely on my own for tunning. Which is expected in this scenario.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
yeah Dave try re gaping the plugs i've always been told
.020 but maybe gap one set to .015 and the other at .020
try them in the field easy test

have you tried adding another gram to the weights ?
i wonder if it would change anything
might pull even harder
let us know

thanks

i've never run AV gas i should it'd be cheaper
been sticking with the 80% 91clear /%20 race 110 VP

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
i'm running BR9EYA gap .018 or .020 i can't remember

a fellow turbo guys told me to try them last year
he said he had better throttle response with them

i thought Silber told me not to run the iridium ones but i could be mixing that up :face-icon-small-dis

hey brad one other thing to check is the blow off valve i cleaned mine awhile back and re greased it
good luck

Last edited:

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
extreme young attitude :face-icon-small-ton

Eat Your Asparagus

Enormous Yellow Apples

i don't know

Last edited:

Snowmow

Lifetime Membership
Mar 20, 2011
Gillette, Wyoming
The EYA plug is referred to as an “anti-fouling” spark plug based on the design with a grove in the electrode of the spark plug.

The EYA also has a solid post where as the br9es has the thread on post.

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
Funny I was told stock plug and stock gap... Wow how different people are getting different info from Justin ... I'm running BPR9ES which is the stock plug for the 13 800 ... Always had good luck with the stock plugs so I will post back after a test with .020 and .015 90% AV gas and 10% vp 110 and see if it changes anything... And will only ad race if I get DET and post my results... Im super frustrated as well guys... It just might be tuning or lean popping???!!!:(

B

bigdave

Oct 18, 2009
Vancouver Wa
I'll pick up a set of BR9EIX for the testing and tuning as well to see if iridium will help. Talked to another turbo guy and thats what he is running with good results as well... What oil are the guys running" silber waste gate Oil injection turbo " running?I've have been using Legend ZX2SR Extreme ... Love it and it had the best test results for real hi rpm protection for the turbo, and had way less exhaust valve residue last year over stock poo oil.

Last edited:
Premium Features