• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Polaris Unveiling - Sat Jan 24th

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Polaris has something new up their sleeve that they are unveiling tomorrow night. If you go to their website, you can catch a glimpse of it. Definitely interesting! Nose looks a lot like the lines from an xp and the rear suspension is like nothing i've seen on a sled before. A new bump sled or iq? Guess we'll have to wait till tomorrow for the full details. :D

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/snowmobiles/2010/RUSH-Teaser/Pages/rushDefault.aspx?WT.ac=SNO-09-US-HOME-WHOT-1-RUSH_TEASER"]http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/snowmobiles/2010/RUSH-Teaser/Pages/rushDefault.aspx?WT.ac=SNO-09-US-HOME-WHOT-1-RUSH_TEASER

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I am betting that it will be insanely good in the bumps and big hits. It will be interesting to see if they caan bring it to the long tracks? Only thing I am leary of is the suspension componats sitting outside the tracks for deep snow. Both for the drag, and for snaggin it on roks, stumps, ect.... Time will tell, but I am thinking that this is going to be huge and here to stay jsut like the mx bikes and eventually street bikes.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
No storage! Search for Polaris Rush on youtube. uess it debuts tomorrow during X-games.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
No storage! Search for Polaris Rush on youtube. uess it debuts tomorrow during X-games.

My 1st thought on the sled too Marv...Where or how could you possibly strap a ga can on that thing? Even a long track model would probably end up being some kid of beaver tail or very lightweight "cover" over the track. Likewise, how could you tow a trailer/sled with it? Time will tell. I hope they are listening to our concerns. As for the suspension setup itself, I am betting it will rock. Just need the backend to work for our needs.

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
My 1st thought on the sled too Marv...Where or how could you possibly strap a ga can on that thing? Even a long track model would probably end up being some kid of beaver tail or very lightweight "cover" over the track. Likewise, how could you tow a trailer/sled with it? Time will tell. I hope they are listening to our concerns. As for the suspension setup itself, I am betting it will rock. Just need the backend to work for our needs.

I doubt they will put this suspension on the mountain sleds, for those very reasons. I don't think very many people are going to get this one to pull trailers with. Not being able to carry a gas can just means your buddy has carry the extra weight for you :D

I
Nov 26, 2007
What about a tour buddy style auxillary fuel tank on the clutch cover...might see one in the polaris accessories catalog next year.

Dec 8, 2007
Agree it's different, front end is XP'ish rear suspension looks something cross between 1988 CR250 Pro-link, and R2D2:beer; good to see new development

A

AkSummit

Nov 28, 2007
ALASKA
FREAKING UGLY

but hey, who knows, it could turn out to be the next best thing???

With the sucess of the IQ, why even go there? My 1st thought was WTF? (or 1977 ford Pinto- ugly but fast with a V8 in it)

I think the "concept" is great, but even at 450+ whats the thought behind the idea? Why expose the suspension like that, and for what cost? I love the mono shock idea, but it still leaves me to wonder- WHY?

wOULD BE COOL to ride one at Arctic Man just to "test it out"......

to be continued though.

would suck to pay 10k to help polaris find out they invested a lot of $$$$ in a no go product.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
isnt 459 pounds a little heavy for a 121? Cool sled though

the 09 cat sno pro 440 or 600 racer thing or whatever it is called, is 450lbs with a 128".

Looks kinda cool and dorky at the same time.. Weird design but, kudos to Polaris for trying something waaayyy different! :cool:

Last edited:
Premium Features