• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2001 Skidoo 800 High Mark Snowmobile - Needs Motor

D
Jul 13, 2009
Reno, NV
I found a guy with a 2001 Skidoo 800 High Mark Snowmobile. It has a blown motor in it but the rest of it is in good shape and he is selling it cheap. What would a new motor for one of these cost? Anyone have any idea? I already have a 07 Summit X for me but am looking for a reasonably priced sled for my fiance and for friends to use if they want to. I don't want to spend a ton though so would be really interested in seeing what a motor would cost for it. Thanks in advance.

ripnit

Lifetime Membership
Mar 9, 2009
Chilly Id/Iowa Falls Ia
Been watching ebay for a freind that needs a motor and just about all of them I've seen have been going for 800 - 1100 bucks. I think a reman from skidoo is around 1600-1800??? Good Luck

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Do you know what it needs, did the lower end go out or the top end or brake the crank? I guess there is alot to a motor. I would find out what it needs maybe just a set of pistons and a jug, might get lucky.

R
Jun 14, 2008
Southern Idaho
All depends on what is needed.
1-Pistons about $125.00
1-Cyclinder up to $250.00
1- Piston bearings $25.00 (Each )
1-Gasket kit
1- Crank Bearing Grease $55.00 ( I would do depends on miles )
1-Time (If you do or have it done )
1- Crank Lots
I have bought like 3 sled and repaired all 800 ( The last 1 cost me about $500.00 with bad motor ( but the person thought is was a broken crank but was just piston )Hope this helps

R

RKT

Jul 19, 2001
Preston, Idaho
www.2strokeheads.com
I found a guy with a 2001 Skidoo 800 High Mark Snowmobile. It has a blown motor in it but the rest of it is in good shape and he is selling it cheap. What would a new motor for one of these cost? Anyone have any idea? I already have a 07 Summit X for me but am looking for a reasonably priced sled for my fiance and for friends to use if they want to. I don't want to spend a ton though so would be really interested in seeing what a motor would cost for it. Thanks in advance.

I have a bottom end, crank and cases, that I will let go cheap.. I also have pistons

D
Jul 13, 2009
Reno, NV
Spoke with the guy on it. Put the connecting rod through the top end and also cracked the bottom end. He noted that he thought the bottom could be welded but I would prefer to replace if I was going to do it.

RKT, PMing you for some prices all up bearing that in mind.

Premium Features