• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

16 inch under 01 700??

Hey guys, I am once again helping my buddies play musical tracks. We took off my cousins 151X16 from his Rev and put on a 162X16. Now his buddy has an 01 (I think) Summit 700 with a 136. He would like to put the 16X151 track off of the Rev under it. Is it possible to get a 16 inch to fit under the Zx chassis or is it too much of a pain?? What all needs to be done??

Thanks a ton

Jake

Yes, it will fit, might need to take the grinder and touch up the end of a few bolts/rivets inside the tunnel, but it will fit!

Might slip a washer or two in between the rear scissor pivot and the tunnel to buy a little bit more room, tunnels flex, just spread it a few mm's and buy a little space.

Yep, just as the DOO said. It will fit. You have to grind down a couple of rivits and the chaincase bolt heads and a couple of washers here and there and good to go. Just did it to my son's '01 800 last year.

All the above are correct. I put a 162x2.5x16 under my 01 800 zx. I did a kinetic drop and roll and set the skid back to there specs which matched the 02 specs if I remember correctly. Works best to replace the chaincase bolts with cap bolts as they are rounded off. Make sure to grind off all the rivets and spread tunnel and it works just fine.

Well you can drop the skid back as far as you want as long as you have right track tension, but if you go too durastic, you will gain too much ski pressure. I can't remember the exact specs I went to, took a little experimentation, but yeah, the improved attack angle is HUGE!

Ok awesome. Does anyone happen to know how much you should set the skid back without doing a drop and roll??

Thanks a bunch!!

Jake

When I stretched my Summit from 136 to 151 I did a 3 3/4" setback and took up the rest with 136 to 144 rail extensions.

I got a kit from Cory at Red Eye Racing that had his plates for the front and Kinetic drop brackets for the rear. Neither of these parts are available anymore.
Here are pics of the setup I have.

Front plate.JPG Rear drop.JPG

Last edited:
When I have put 16 wide in Rev chassis I switched the bolts for the bumpers to button head allen without washers to get enough room. Also good idea to put anti-seize on those bolts as they don't have much grip for a allen wrench. To figure clearance for the rest of the tunnel I cut a piece of plastic, wood, aluminum whatever is laying around to 16 or 16.125 and run it through the tunnel where the track runs looking for interference. Real easy to find this way.

Good Luck

I just put a 16" track under my S-2000 chasis and the board trick cut to the width or a little longer makes a good template to determine where things are tight. Also the button head bolts is a good trick and using some additional spacer to spread the tunnel slightly where the mounts are front and back.

Two other things I forgot with a 16" track, absolutely no room for any error on location of the drivers on the drive shaft, they have to be perfect and the skid needs to be perfectly square to the tunnel.

Good Luck

Gotcha. That makes good sense but I always set my sleds up spot on on driver location and the skid is ALWAYS dead square.

I think we will give it a go!!

Thanks for all the input. I will report how it goes as we get too it.

Jake

Premium Features

Back